• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Patents To Prevent You From In-Game Harassment By Reading Your Emotions

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Difficult to imagine how this is of any use in the near future.

Once everyone's got some sort of AR device strapped to their face most of the time though? Could be a big payday if Apple, Google, Facebook are all paying a fee to include it in their health monitoring apps.

"Google Face knows when you're sad and will adjust your icon themes to beautiful images of butterflies, puppies and kittens, helping you ignore the nightmare hellscape your life on earth has become"

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

What am I even reading here?

How in the hell can “biometric feedback” be accurately and dependably correlated to causation, to then present in game solutions?? Am I living in loony land here? This is so insanely stupid as to be laughable. You’d think Sony would have better shit to do with their time.

How about a little thing known as personal responsibility? That strikes me as pretty decent solution, or at least was in the past.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
What am I even reading here?

How in the hell can “biometric feedback” be accurately and dependably correlated to causation, to then present in game solutions?? Am I living in loony land here? This is so insanely stupid as to be laughable. You’d think Sony would have better shit to do with their time.

How about a little thing known as personal responsibility? That strikes me as pretty decent solution, or at least was in the past.
Personal responsibility is an alt-right dog whistle or something like that lol. Get me off this rock. There are too many bitch babies.

Cyberpunkd

That sort of data collection will have EU lawmakers sharpening their pencils.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

Reaseru

In the future, the console will explode into a huge fireball, taking you and your neighborhood, if it detects you're being a bully to other players.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Counter Strike nailed it imho. You can easily mute those mf. When you see them again, they remain muted. The banning of individuals who are muted or reported by a large number of players is not in the best interest of companies. If you're very sensitive, just turn off voice chat; it's the best solution.

Majormaxxx

Sony patent shuts off console until user has completed 10k steps for the day via smartwatch counting lmao

Sony patent locks console until users BMI drops under 30 (which is still overweight)

Sony patent locks Blu ray drive if backlog gets too long based on Amazon and psn purchases trololol

Sony patent deletes save games if it detects junk food in the room
Trolololo

Follow me for more wholesome patents

Audiophile

Getting abused on COD4/MW2/R6Vegas lobbies was all part of the fun.

My friend once asked me in a public lobby how was your chemo (I'd just gotten back from the hospital and popped COD4 on). To which someone swiftly uttered: "yo baldy, I was fucking your mum while you was off having chemo, tell her thanks for the cup of tea".

It was always so absurd, ultimately impersonal and completely over the top. We howled over that one for ten minutes straight. Now I'd never engage in it myself but I'd never want to be robbed of such bangers as that.

SHA

Getting abused on COD4/MW2/R6Vegas lobbies was all part of the fun.

My friend once asked me in a public lobby how was your chemo (I'd just gotten back from the hospital and popped COD4 on). To which someone swiftly uttered: "yo baldy, I was fucking your mum while you was off having chemo, tell her thanks for the cup of tea".

It was always so absurd, ultimately impersonal and completely over the top. We howled over that one for ten minutes straight. Now I'd never engage in it myself but I'd never want to be robbed of such bangers as that.
It's feminism, they try to censor anything related to online, not just gaming.

BlackTron

This is one of those patents that gets filed just because they had the idea and wanted to lock it in just because it seemed good, not because it actually works yet...or will ever.

There are too many reasons your heart rate could increase and lead to someone else getting banned, such as

-Making too good a game that is too exciting
-Making too bad a game that is too infuriating
-Your wife walking into the room when it's past your bedtime and you aren't supposed to be playing videogames

Dude, I'm not getting banned for that shit

Top Bottom