• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soooo where's the Final Fantasy XVI PC release?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Back in early March Naoki Yoshida said it was in the "final stages of optimization" and that it's release "won't be too distant in the future".

But it's been radio silence since then. The "E3" season has come and gone, where in my mind it would've made sense to make some type of announcement, but nada.

I've been really looking forward to this one. What gives?

Puscifer

Likely coming soon, they just released the final expansion so it's probably being integrated before they announce anything.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
"Final stages of optimization" = we're waiting for Nvidia's check to clear so they can market it with the 5000 series cards.

2bb99ib8woj61.jpg

Its gonna be an Nvidia marketed game, so we will be getting DLSS from the jump and wont have to mod it?

My guess is that they are optimizing the DLCs as well, and are gonna release all of them in a package or something like that...

I have no idea, again, guess.

But I'm eagerly waiting for it. I hear the people here and everywhere saying the game is either not worth it, or not good, but I'm curious and want to play it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sensei

At this point I think it will be announced at the Gamescom (or around that time) and either shadow dropped or released before the end of the year. They'd probably want to avoid overlapping it with the latest FFXIV expansion.

Pretty sure I said here 3 months after the second DLC was released. Hasn't been 3 months yet, so check back at the end of July. But that might be when it gets announced.

Top Bottom