• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Nomad + Phantom Brave (Prinny Presents Vol. 1) announced for Summer 2021

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

They haven't mentioned control scheme. Both games (since they are tactical turn-based) could really benefit from using the touch screen to handle movement and menu selection. Hopefully NIS considers such a thing. I never went through Phantom Brave, though I always thought the grid-free movement and monster summoning was neat. Soul Nomad was one of my favorite JRPGs on the PS2 and hasn't been ported/updated since its original release. Of the two, that's probably the bigger get.

This also signals that they may be releasing more of their PS2-era titles like Makai Kingdom and/or the earlier Disgaea titles.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Those sprites looked like they got resed-up with bicubic filter, other than that I think I can give them a chance some time

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd be shocked if you can't turn off the filter.

This is kinda cool, though. I never actually played either of these games, but it feels like it's been forever since I've played a decent SRPG.

Hnjohngalt

I hope Soul Nomad is not censored. This game will make even moderates reeeeee with how hardcore the dialogue is. It is a great and unique game but man, the amount of swearing and anti goat girl jokes is crazy in todays climate.

Old-ass bump but the game is out now and its surprisingly fun! Its a lot more serious a game than the usual NIS fare, and I kinda dig that. Gig is a super fun character, though the dialogue is *very* of its time. Lots of r-slurs and rudeness from Gig himself. I get it fits him as a character but it makes the game uncomfortable at times. That said, beyond that, I like that the game's SRPG elements show a screen where characters move left and right to attack after you start an attack on the overworld. Makes the game more resemble Fire Emblem than other NIS SRPGs. The music is pretty great too.

I'd be shocked if you can't turn off the filter.

This is kinda cool, though. I never actually played either of these games, but it feels like it's been forever since I've played a decent SRPG.
You can turn off the filter in the PC version, but not in the Switch version I'm afraid.

Top Bottom