• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Console Wars Part 2 - "A Song of Ass and Fire"

Brashnir

ibsu29EcBlyeRi.gif

I'm hoping there's a SHMUP section in Stick of Truth where you play as Princess Kenny shooting rainbows.

I don't know why so many people think the inevitable "third option" will be PC. Who the hell buys PC stuff in person; everyone orders online...

Wii U makes a lot more sense, since Kenny's family doesn't have any money and it's the cheapest option. Plus he's dressed up as Princess Zelda. And history on its side, considering the McCormicks actually owned a Colecovision...

Ultimately, though, I think the third option, if there is one, would probably be mobile/tablets. Though I could see Matt and Trey pulling the same kind of move they did for the 2008 election, and just going with whoever actually sells the most on Black Friday.

Binabik15

Kenny is being voiced by the woman who plays Khaleesi, right
?

One day I will push and shove the show writers for making everyone call Daenerys Targaryen, the Stormborn, Khaleesi, as if that title was her name. RAGE! Maybe I'll even send them a strongly worded letter.

I'm really liking this double/triplle/whatever episode, but yeah, some of the stuff annoys me. Using the tv version of ASoIaF, saying the Xbone has a better framerate, they're just confusing poor people who don't know better. Fatwrestlingfancryingitsstillrealtome.gif

RaikuHebi

Banned
I loved it when Cartman referenced the Bunduru from the previous hahaha. Something like: "I bet it was Kenny that helped Sony out with the Bunduru!" looool.

EDIT: Omg 4 parter? Yes please.

Just have a really strong hunch the main joke at the end of next week's episode is that this 3 part-er was a preview to the game and it'll be coming to next-gen.

Would be awesome if at the end of next week they were like "these episodes were made with the engine that makes Stick of Truth".
That would be freaking crazy lol (better be 4 episodes though).

Finster

Just have a really strong hunch the main joke at the end of next week's episode is that this 3 part-er was a preview to the game and it'll be coming to next-gen.

Would be awesome if at the end of next week they were like "these episodes were made with the engine that makes Stick of Truth".

Considering they use Maya to make the show, that's not that far-fetched.

Loved the meta-references and meta-commentary in this.

Equating Nintendo to the Targaryens is poetic.

That guy in the bushes was hilarious.

Liked how they commented on how nefarious Gates and Microsoft's plans and tactics were.

Also liked the commentary on Nintendo and Sony being Japan.

synce

Yeah whatever happens I don't think either console will win. There's going to be some twist with PC or WiiU mob

halfbeast

Banned
I lost it at this point. Good Lord lmao.

This and the wiener acapella done to the GoT theme.

aww man, when I saw that heart shaped brooch, I was hoping we'll get a sailor moon type transformation. but that's cool too.

wiener a capella was totally awesome, though.

So it's super obvious but in the second part they threw a Dawn of the Dead zombie/mall trope into it bigtime

The walking scene was hilarious

Finster

So it's super obvious but in the second part they threw a Dawn of the Dead zombie/mall trope into it bigtime

The walking scene was hilarious

Yeah, Dawn of the Dead/Dead Rising comes to mind, but it's also a reference to the undead that are on the other side of the Wall in GoT. The mall security is the Night's Watch etc. etc.

Yeah, Dawn of the Dead/Dead Rising comes to mind, but it's also a reference to the undead that are on the other side of the Wall in GoT. The mall security is the Night's Watch etc. etc.

Ah didn't get that reference too but yes it likely is a both a zombie and a Wall reference

I've only watched the first Black Friday episode so far, but I didn't get the "every guy that shows their dick on Game of Thrones is gay" reference at all (or whatever they were trying to say). I've seen the show but uhh what? I saw the clips of JRR Martin with the dick statues which I'm guessing is what they were trying to set up, but I'm not getting the basis for the joke at all.

I've only watched the first Black Friday episode so far, but I didn't get the "every guy that shows their dick on Game of Thrones is gay" reference at all (or whatever they were trying to say). I've seen the show but uhh what? I saw the clips of JRR Martin with the dick statues which I'm guessing is what they were trying to set up, but I'm not getting the basis for the joke at all.

Game of Thrones shows much penis

such flaccid

Knox

Game of Thrones shows much penis

such flaccid

Not nearly as much as they show tits.

It's funny because I feel like Matt and Trey would fall on the side of "it's ridiculous that people get hung up on sexual content but ignore violent content", but their satire of penises in Game of Thrones is exactly that.

ArjanN

Not nearly as much as they show tits.

It's funny because I feel like Matt and Trey would fall on the side of "it's ridiculous that people get hung up on sexual content but ignore violent content", but their satire of penises in Game of Thrones is exactly that.

I think they were actually mocking that GoT is afraid to show erect penises, not that it showed too much penises.

popo

You can read too much in to it.

I think the joke is that Butters is the only person to see "gay" weiners everywhere because his closet homosexuality is a running gag and then when they meet GRRM it turns out he was right.

Yesterday I waited all day for the third episode of the trilogy just to find out that I'll have to wait. There was none because of thanksgivin right?

Alric

Yesterday I waited all day for the third episode of the trilogy just to find out that I'll have to wait. There was none because of thanksgivin right?

Yeah, and even in the show they pushed black friday back one week. I assume we'll see some real world Black Friday nightmare stories end up in the final episode.

bgbball31

I was watching the second episode and stopped when GRRM mentioned the wedding. I'm only on the second book, so are there any actual GoT spoilers in the rest of the episode? Or am I safe to watch the rest?

TheContact

it's a trilogy, but they might end it as a book 1 ending and say wait for book 2 to see the dragons as a joke. it's not going to be 4 parts

Top Bottom