• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soybean oil causes more obesity than coconut oil, fructose

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

I think people are missing the point that this article isn't about what you cook with, it's about what processed foods use in production. If you are still eating pretzels, chips, breads with soybean oil it then cooking with Norwegian Cloudberry Oil in your homemade foods then there isn't anything to brag about.

So much focus on diets.
People always telling us what superfoods to eat and what we should avoid like the plague.
Makes no difference what you eat if you sit on your arse all day and don't exercise.
It's easier to tell people that they made a mistake with what they ate than tell them they're lazy.

Apharmd

So much focus on diets.
People always telling us what superfoods to eat and what we should avoid like the plague.
Makes no difference what you eat if you sit on your arse all day and don't exercise.
It's easier to tell people that they made a mistake with what they ate than tell them they're lazy.

Can't outwork a shit diet.

Coconut oil and Ghee (clarified butter) is all that I use for cooking.

Red palm oil is also good but has too much of an earthy taste.

I'm also one of those workout/health freaks who add MCT oil and grass fed cow butter in my coffee but that's for another thread.

entremet

I think people are missing the point that this article isn't about what you cook with, it's about what processed foods use in production. If you are still eating pretzels, chips, breads with soybean oil it then cooking with Norwegian Cloudberry Oil in your homemade foods then there isn't anything to brag about.

I think you're right on here.

Some oils/fats you should try to cook with and/or consume: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, lard / other pastured animal fats, MCT oil.

A majority of commonly sold cooking oils derived from plants/vegetables is omega-6-heavy junk.

Yup. We should be moving to other other oils but they are quite a bit more costly and would prohibit companies from profiting billions of dollars, so we can't do that. Gotta kill people instead

Also, processed foods are bad, mmkay. Not a little bad, not, oh every things bad for you bad, I mean you will most likely die of cancer if you eat them regularly bad. Dying of cancer when you get old is not normal, we just think it is because we do a lot of herping and derping with our food. Don't take my word for it, just keep your eyes peeled for more and more studies that will try and shock you with crap we already know.

People should be rejoicing that all the shitty tasting oils kill you and the fantastic ones, like animal fat, are amazing for your health. But no, twinkles lol

I drink a ton of alcohol so me giving health advice is kinda like Donald Trump giving political advice

maxcriden

Soybean oil is the default oil in near every bread, snack, and food product requiring an oil. While this doesn't account for how it affected the rats compared to any other oil, it's definitely consumed near every day by near every US citizen.

I can't QFT this post enough. I have to avoid soy because it's a migraine trigger for Mr and buying a regular old loaf of bread is like searching for a thin strand of thread in a pile of cornmeal.

majik13

Not surprised. We only cook with coconut, olive and avacodo oil. Hard to find store bought food that uses this stuff though.

commedieu

Banned
Is there a difference in western soy vs eastern soy? The actual, bean...? I have it in my mind that I heard something on NPR about how our soy was different in america, or maybe an east asian national was telling me this...

Stet

Banned
Also, processed foods are bad, mmkay. Not a little bad, not, oh every things bad for you bad, I mean you will most likely die of cancer if you eat them regularly bad. Dying of cancer when you get old is not normal, we just think it is because we do a lot of herping and derping with our food. Don't take my word for it, just keep your eyes peeled for more and more studies that will try and shock you with crap we already know.

...based on what

clav

But if you ever post that in GAF snack threads, people will ignore you.

What precisely would be the proposed mechanism here?

Watch what you eat.

Ever pick up a snack at a supermarket and read through all the ingredients only to put it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom