• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Spec Ops: The Line' Creative Director is teasing a new game from his new studio, Eyes Out.

Their website: https://www.eyes-out.com/

Studio description:

OTHERWORLDLY GAME DEVELOPMENT​

EYES OUT is a new arthouse game development studio in Los Angeles, forged from a fusion of visionary exploration and musical collaboration between veteran game designer Cory Davis (Spec Ops: The Line) and Robin Finck (Nine Inch Nails). The team is comprised of passionate world-builders and storytellers who believe in the powerful synesthesia that emerges from music, narrative, and interactive experiences.

They've announced the formation of this new studio around 3 years ago:

I guess they'll be doing an official reveal for their new game in one of the upcoming showcases. Whatever it is they got my attention. 👀

Area61

Don't give me hope man. If it's Spec Ops spiritual successor then hopefully something unique.

I noticed that Shinobi tweeted about this new game tease yesterday. Apparently, it's a single-player AAA 'cosmic horror' game. Now I'm even more intrigued.

mitch1971

Gold Member
Because we love teasers...right!?

Holding Back Jim Carrey GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Don't give me hope man. If it's Spec Ops spiritual successor then hopefully something unique.
I actually worry about that, Spec Ops was an early example of that particular modern antagonism to the audience that felt fresh and interesting at the time, but has become awful now.

It had a pretty good point to make in the days coming out of the Iraq war era, but so much since has just been anger with no real point, just hostility for the sake of hostility.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hopefully is a good "eyes out"

Had several bad ones with these woke games recently.

Corian33

I actually worry about that, Spec Ops was an early example of that particular modern antagonism to the audience that felt fresh and interesting at the time, but has become awful now.

It had a pretty good point to make in the days coming out of the Iraq war era, but so much since has just been anger with no real point, just hostility for the sake of hostility.
Totally agree. I don’t know why people would want a direct follow up to Spec Ops, it said everything there was to say and had to railroad the player a lot to even get that done. I enjoyed it and still think about it occasionally. The subtle stuff was the best part, how the menus and music changed, the routine squad dialogue changed, and at some point you weren’t entirely sure what was real or not.

Hopefully this will be something cool, I’m no longer interested in media that tells me I’m a bad person for existing.

Totally agree. I don’t know why people would want a direct follow up to Spec Ops, it said everything there was to say and had to railroad the player a lot to even get that done. I enjoyed it and still think about it occasionally. The subtle stuff was the best part, how the menus and music changed, the routine squad dialogue changed, and at some point you weren’t entirely sure what was real or not.

Hopefully this will be something cool, I’m no longer interested in media that tells me I’m a bad person for existing.
Spec Ops had a really good point in giving gamers a hard, cold dose of reality about war, but we don't necessarily need that for everything, over and over.

Top Bottom