• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spectrum Studio Boss in Hot Water as “Naked Sauna” outlined as Part of Employees Requirements Surface

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
spectrum-sauna-1536x864.png.webp

In most jobs, you’re required to come to work, do the task that’s assigned to you and call it a day, right? But what if that task involves hopping into a sauna with your boss, naked? Apparently, this is part of the job responsibilities at Polish game studio, Spectrum Studios.

It sounds absurd, right? Sadly, I am not making this up. Jacek Piórkowski, the Creative Director at Spectrum Studios, has been accused of forcing employees and would-be employees to hold creative meeting sessions in the sauna, and preferably naked. According to Piórkowski, it’s because the game’s premise revolves around the sauna, so this is way for developers to understand the creative process (or something).

It seems given this situation has now been making the rounds on Twitter/X, that Piórkowski has started editing his comments.

GQTJCA5XEAA0jjo.jpg%3Alarge

In the next communication exchanges, Piórkowski explains why being in the sauna is part of the job, and it’s not “about getting naked.”

Pca33TycSjeUJVps1fZwPg.png

ZmTqM0pATmWOmyQZk2-zTg.png

In case you think that’s not part of the job description, check out the requirements for the Art Director position posted on LinkedIn,where it’s mentioned minus the “naked” part.

968f35143b6ff7b08ab8ed0246cded10.png

As you can see, there is the “Attending Sauna Sessions” bit in the job requirements that are “not negotiable” since the entire team needs to understand the product.

While I understand where Piórkowski is coming from that he wants the entire team to understand the theme of the game, there are countless other ideas of doing this without coming off as Pervy McPervison.

Currently, Spectrum Studios is working on a “new groundbreaking game” where Life is Strange, Final Fantasy and more titles are mentioned.

Spectrum Studio is working on new groundbreaking game: mix of Life is Strange (Narrative), Final Fantasy (story, characters), Heart of Darkness (adventure levels with dog), The Turyst (exploration and questing) and THPS2 (tricks and specials).

While that in itself doesn’t mention anything about saunas, it all has to do with the game’s protagonist:

Main character will be saunamaster and will be in charge of performing in various saunas (smells, music, choreography, everything).

As far as we’re aware, Spectrum Studios has not released a game to date. If this is indeed their debut project, then it’s off to a very slippery start.

hot tub girls GIF by Big Brother UK

Sauna Sijoittaminen GIF by Inderes

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What in the fuck

killatopak

Gold Member
I’m not entirely sure but a person told me some european countries do have unisex saunas. I’m assuming this is the case. Being mandatory is kinda sketchy though. His experience was decades ago though through a cruise ship.

Slippery start? More like slippery tarts, amirite?

On a tangent, here's a doc about a European women's sauna. Pretty good, but not in the way you think:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I mean he could probably just get a hooker for a lot cheaper/less strings attached.

Personally this whole thing is stupid to me.
99% of the sex shit that gets all these CEO's, movie stars etc into trouble doesn't make any sense if you look at it purely as trying to get laid. Hell onlyfans and shit like that doesn't make sense on the face of it.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
"Sauna evenings" are a thing there. As well as a lot of places in Europe.
No, they are definitely not a thing.

I can give this guy the benefit of doubt, but 80% chance this is just creepy. I get “know the product”, but unfortunately somethings gotta give, so obligatory sauna sessions need to go.

Porcile

Done quite a few naked saunas in Japan. Nothing to be ashamed about and I don't even have a massive dong. They even have a word for just hanging out naked with someone in a hot spring or sauna lol

Kdad

It's clearly stated in the job application. If these conditions don't appeal to you, simply move on?

Having to participate at work, instead of say, bringing your own experience of sauna to the table is complete bullshit but it isn't like they are hiding this mandate in the small print

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ah, we are back at the Atari days it seems.

P1jBJP8.png
My favorite part of this decades later. Is when all the female workers said they were a-okay and even encouraged this themselves. That's a female programmer in the picture. It was a different time, literally hot off the sexual revolution years. Cocaine, sex, and partying. But the fugly danger haired retards still were canceling Nolan to this day and being "offended" for literally no one.

Last edited:

GHound

Gold Member
Literally who studio with literally who boss working on literally what game that could go under by just refusing to work there if you find the conditions that are made known to you ahead of time so abhorrent. What is the tangible, real world problem here that we're supposed to be solving?

The bit the media is seemingly ignoring about the allegedly unpaid ex-employees from All In Games, the company the woman in question apparently just got laid off from.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sorry I'm not outraged.. just don't really care about this. No one is forcing people to work there and it's in the requirements not like it's a surprise. Also You don't have to be naked.

So whatever there are more important things going on.

No use getting steamed over it. Employees who agreed to the contract agreed to the contract. Cancel mob? No sweat. This is a slippery man, but with the messiness comes a vision. I perspire to be like him. I've pored over the text, and this internet hate campaign has got to h2go.

It's clearly stated in the job application. If these conditions don't appeal to you, simply move on?

Having to participate at work, instead of say, bringing your own experience of sauna to the table is complete bullshit but it isn't like they are hiding this mandate in the small print
I don't see anything wrong with the complain , it's creepy tbh .

It's like I'm posting a job hiring and mention
”Slim white women only ,big titty, prefer milf.“

I'm being honest in job hiring requirement
but it's still creepy , people are going to complain about it which is normal

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I don't see anything wrong with the complain , it's creepy tbh .

It's like I'm posting a job hiring and mention
”Slim white women only ,big titty, prefer milf.“

I'm being honest in job hiring requirement
but it's still creepy , people are going to complain about it which is normal

Hey man, I support reading before you sign. I read contracts all day until my eyes bleed. Gotta play by society's rules and society by and large wants to Owen your Abby, so I learn the rules and adapt! It's a professional literacy test. Cows get eaten and horses get ridden. I'm sorry for this rather somber post following what was clearly art in forum post form, but I think it's important to take control of our lives from the macro to the micro.

If life is a horror movie, I'd rather have Night of the Living Dead over Saw, nah?

..............................ha

Three

I'm not going to feel outrage unless somebody there is proven to be a pervert doing it for perverted reasons. Admittedly it does give off creepy vibes but I'm not going to jump to conclusions. It's in the job description. Would there be outrage if an acting job required a sex scene? If you have an issue with a requirement that you can’t fulfil you look for another place/role. As long as the requirement itself isn't exploitation in some way I don't see the issue.

tommib

Gold Member
You can work here if you do naked sauna with the director? What are they running here? A game studio or a Thai massage parlour in Amsterdam?

Last edited:
Top Bottom