• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 has sold more than 2.5 million copies in the first 24 hours

SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, developed by Insomniac Games in collaboration with PlayStation Studios and Marvel Games, has sold more than 2.5 million copies to become the fastest-selling PlayStation Studios game in PlayStation history in the first 24 hours.

“Insomniac Games holds itself to incredibly high standards when it comes to delivering engaging and innovative gameplay experiences,” said Eric Lempel, SVP, Global Marketing, Sales, and Business Operations, Sony Interactive Entertainment. “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is Insomniac Games’ third installment in the franchise for PlayStation. Built from the ground up to take advantage of the unique features of PlayStation 5, the goal was to massively build off the action, storylines, and features from the first two games. With an epic storyline, two playable Super Heroes, a visually-stunning Marvel’s New York, and so much more, this is a game you can get lost in for hours. On behalf of Sony Interactive Entertainment, I want to say thank you to the fans - we truly hope you are enjoying your time playing as Peter and Miles in this amazing adventure.”

Last edited:

Mowcno

Spider-Man 2 fastest selling 1st party PlayStation game in history. Should be approaching 5m already then.

So Ragnarok sold less than 2.5m in 24 hours, but over 5.1m in 5 days. Interesting. That gives some insight into launch day vs the days that follow in terms of sales distribution in games. Would have thought launch day would have been over 50% of first week sales honestly but it seems not.

Last edited:

H-I-M

DUW18brU0AAWxbT.jpg

Mowcno

Note: Sony rebranded SIE Worldwide Studios to PlayStation Studios in 2020.
Ragnarok was released after this and also was the fastest selling game in PlayStation history and beaten by Spiderman 2. So the rebrand doesn't change anything. This is the fastest selling PlayStation game ever regardless of the wording.

Last edited:
Why the fuck does every irrelevent "promotional" twitter post require its own thread?

Like who gives a shit if a billion dollar company is doing well or if a billion dollar IP is selling well? Why should the average gamer give a fuck? Im not a goddamm shareholder?
By ansering to this topic you bumped it to the top again. You can just ignore it. There's an option for that isn't there?

Mowcno

Hopefully this isn't the only PR we get. I'd very much like to know if it's still ahead of Ragnarok's 5.1m in 5 days. But I expect we probably won't hear much else from Sony until they release their fiscals for the quarter.

Last edited:
Why the fuck does every irrelevent "promotional" twitter post require its own thread?

Like who gives a shit if a billion dollar company is doing well or if a billion dollar IP is selling well? Why should the average gamer give a fuck? Im not a goddamm shareholder?

You just proved that you do care. When you don't care about something, you ignore it. You don't go into a thread and post a comment about it.

Last edited:
Hopefully this isn't the only PR we get. I'd very much like to know if it's still ahead of Ragnarok's 5.5m in 5 days. But I expect we probably won't hear much else from Sony until they release their fiscals for the quarter.

It's already fastest selling in a 24 hour period and it's only on PS5. Its safe to assume it'll beat god of war's first 5 days and end up as sony's best selling game ever.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

You did realize it woulda been alot faster for you to just ignore the thread...like use the Ignore feature.

And I should have done the same to your post, lol.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've seen your posting history.
You're doing it wrong, this is how you do it

20231023_141912m2ff2.gif

DavidGzz

Goes to show how the vast majority of sales are from casuals. Word of mouth must be huge. Maybe they simply didn't know it came out and it will continue to sell really well as more and more people find out it's out. 2.5 seems low for such a huge userbase. I know it isn't before I get quoted, it just seems low when there are so many PS5s out there and no big exclusive in a while.

NEbeast

Goes to show how the vast majority of sales are from casuals. Word of mouth must be huge. Maybe they simply didn't know it came out and it will continue to sell really well as more and more people find out it's out. 2.5 seems low for such a huge userbase. I know it isn't before I get quoted, it just seems low when there are so many PS5s out there and no big exclusive in a while.

sad spider man GIF

Top Bottom