• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman GOTY edition or Ghost of Tsushima? what should i buy

TimFL

Are you into Spider-Man and/or Batman Arkham type games or hack & slash Samurai gameplay.

That being said, Spider-Man clearly has the higher production quality in terms of cinematography and acting. Ghost has 4 player multiplayer though.

Last edited:

wvnative

They're both awesome, just go with what you prefer.

Big Spider Man fan? Go with that

Got a particular fondness for Samurais? Ghost is for you

Certinty

Spider-Man. One of the best games of last gen, flawless gameplay and visuals with a nice open world and story.

Ghost is good but nothing overly amazing, it just does what it sets out to do incredibly well. Amazing graphics I will say though.

GymWolf

Gold Member
They are both competent in what they do, if you like asian samurai movies go with tsushima,if you like superhero stuff go with spidey.

i personally prefer spidey because it has a better plot but tushima has the far better art style (at least for the locations)

just play at max difficulty because they are both very easy after a while.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They're about on par for me. Maybe Spider-man has the upper hand.

Really depends what aesthetic and style you like more.

How do you like spiderman?

Personally, I prefer ghost. But both are good open-world games. Kind of repetitive but really well made.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played spidey, but sushi is a pretty and long game that also plays very nice. Don't think of it as an AssCreed in Japan, its more than that.

xrnzaaas

Ghost of Tsushima by far. I was enjoying my entire (platinum) playthrough. Meanwhile I got bored with Spiderman long before completing it.

shubik

Both are fantastic. Ghost is in my opinion the better game. Combat is incredibly and man the world.... But if you can, do both. Goof stuff

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I think they are both great.

Also both quite similar really... fairly simple combat with just enough variety to keep it interesting. Spiderman maybe edges out Ghosts for me there. Decent amount of "open world collectithon" stuff to do.. I'd say Spiderman also wins here overall. Both have boring as shit stories and unskippable cutscenes, Sony is so far up their own ass when it comes to making us watch their boring stories and that's on full display with both games... so they both get a -1 on that.

Overall really fun if not simple and occasionally boring games.

Boss Mog

They're both awesome but you can get Spider-man Remastered on PS5 later and experience it in its best version, so just get Ghost of Tsushima for now.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Buy Ghost of Tsushima. Then buy Miles Morales Ultimate Edition later and play it on PS5 when it goes to a bigger sale. You'll get:

- Ghost of Tsushima (now)
- Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5 and PS4)
- Spider-Man Remastered (ray-tracing, 60 FPS performance mode, better textures, etc.)
- Spider-Man Expansion Pack with 3 DLCs.

PuffyCan

After playing both back to back, my vote goes to Ghost, and it's not even a contest. It's the only game I bothered to get all the trophies.

Loved Spider-man at the start, it's a great game overall, but over time I found a lot of things I didn't like.

DelireMan7

746177.jpg

Probably Ghost ;)

lefty1117

Gold Member
You can't go wrong either way. I think Spiderman beats it by a hair in terms of production quality. It's just a bit more polished. But Ghost has a pretty interesting story in a great setting. If they do a sequel for Ghost with their learnings and maybe bigger budget, to me it would immediately be a GOTY candidate

Last edited:

trikster40

Geez that’s a tough one. Ghost is beautiful, I’d go Ghost just for the atmosphere and beauty alone.

Id borrow money and buy both personally.

dezzy8

Ghost is goty for me. Pick it and never look back. It has a great single player campaign and the multiplayer is amazing.

Elcid

Banned
If you like Spider-Man and want to cry after living a long day in his life, go with Spider-Man. If you like samurai, go with Ghost.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I platinumed both this year. My vote is GoT. Spider-man is a lot of fun, but GoT is amazing. The game is often breathtakingly beautiful and I liked the main story and the major quests more.

Rayderism

Well, you can get Spider Man as a PS Classic for $20 on PSN, and Ghost is on sale for $40 for the vanilla version, and $50 for the Deluxe version. So, either way, you can get Spider Man for half the price or better. If money is a concern, then get Spider Man.

Both are really nice games, you can't go wrong with either. Honestly, if money's not a concern, just get both.

bender

What time is it?
I guess it depend how burnt out you are on modern open world tropes. Tsushima presents a beautiful world and has some really interesting mechanics (duels, haiku) but I got burnt out after the first area. It isn't doing anything particularly wrong, but it really doesn't set itself apart much either.

Spider Man is a much breezier game. The side content here isn't great either and feels very cut-and-paste, but the may story is worth the time investment.

MilkLizard

These are the only 2 games ever where I got the Platinum trophy, they're both fantastic. Since you mention money in your OP get Spidey as it is cheaper and save Ghost for later when it hits a lower price.

Just based on value go with Ghost , Spiderman is dirt cheap now . Ghost has not been below $40 except a short Wal mart price mistake. Just bought Ghost myself today in fact.

Top Bottom