• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Well, every pc version of the game uses Uplay. So if you buy it on steam it just runs Uplay and the game through steam's system. So it'll say how long you've played and that's it. Uplay either way ;)

Hell, for $20 what could go wrong. Uplay is no GFWL.

True...nothing can be worse than GFWL....NOTHING

EDIT: Just noticed that the Blacklist Nvidia codes actually grants you the Digital Deluxe version of the game. That's currently on Steam for $69.99! Damn good deal!

Conviction was pretty fun. I really liked it but it was only like 4hrs long!

Hope this one at least has a good story campaign that doesn't include a optional co-op as a means of making the game longer.

DrBo42

The reviews should be interesting, considering the playstyles available.

I'm getting the Wii U version btw

Since the embargo lifts tomorrow they must be pretty confident in it. Expecting a lot of mid 7's, decent amount of 8's and maybe 1-2 9's.

I still don't know what version of this to get.

Can someone recommend me a version please?

I have a PC capable of running this sucker. However, I want to be able to sell this back eventually. So that kind of hurts the PC version for me. I have to wonder if the superiority of the PC version is worth it to sacrifice now being able to sell it.

There there are the console choices: Wii U or PS3. I would actually like to try this out on PS3, but the problem is I have to wonder how good the Wii U version actually is?

Plus how is online with the Wii U? Is it any good? Do they still use that lame ass friend code crap like the Wii did? That is a big part of my decision.

hao chi

Nice OT. I'm surprised to say I'm really looking forward to this game; what little I've watched of the single player after E3 2012 looks pretty solid, and I'm fucking pumped for Spies vs Mercs.

I have a PC capable of running this sucker. However, I want to be able to sell this back eventually. So that kind of hurts the PC version for me. I have to wonder if the superiority of the PC version is worth it to sacrifice now being able to sell it.

There there are the console choices: Wii U or PS3. I would actually like to try this out on PS3, but the problem is I have to wonder how good the Wii U version actually is?

Plus how is online with the Wii U? Is it any good? Do they still use that lame ass friend code crap like the Wii did? That is a big part of my decision.

Nope.

PC version seems like it has a lot of work into it and you can find the game pretty easily for 20/25 dollars so I'd go for that version honestly. You'll be getting the best version for quite cheap.

Shaanyboi

Banned

WiiU online varies from game to game, but I haven't had a really bad experience myself.

They do use proper usernames now. Through the actual Friend's List, you and the other person still have to both exchange usernames, but if you go into Miiverse, you can send straight-up friend requests like any other service. It's weird, but not broken in any real way.

demolitio

As much as I'm skeptical about this game, I do wish I had the money to pick the PC version up on Ebay at 20 bucks. I mean, I have the cash but no means to get it through the internet anymore since I had to close my account after a huge medical bill. It's the one thing that really sucks since it's integral to being a PC gamer really.

I'm going to win one on Ebay and tell him to expect his money in a week or so via mail. :D

I have a lot of problems with the decisions they've made, but in the end, it still has more stealth gameplay than other games out there and that's what I enjoy. I just wish they didn't mess with SvM by giving spies more lethality since that partially ruins the thing that made SvM so unique and popular with fans.

kirby145

Neo Member
As much as I'm skeptical about this game, I do wish I had the money to pick the PC version up on Ebay at 20 bucks. I mean, I have the cash but no means to get it through the internet anymore since I had to close my account after a huge medical bill. It's the one thing that really sucks since it's integral to being a PC gamer really.

I'm going to win one on Ebay and tell him to expect his money in a week or so via mail. :D

I have a lot of problems with the decisions they've made, but in the end, it still has more stealth gameplay than other games out there and that's what I enjoy. I just wish they didn't mess with SvM by giving spies more lethality since that partially ruins the thing that made SvM so unique and popular with fans.
I don't think you can pay cash on ebay. If you use a forum they will let you do it, but you have to send the cash first.

demolitio

I don't think you can pay cash on ebay. If you use a forum they will let you do it, but you have to send the cash first.

I know, I was just joking. That's why it was a wish unfortunately.

If only SvM didn't interest me so much I might manage...lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Wait, so the PC version was delayed 5 months? Damn. Got this for free with my GTX 670 and was actually interested in trying it out soon.

Oh well.

Wait, so the PC version was delayed 5 months? Damn. Got this for free with my GTX 670 and was actually interested in trying it out soon.

Oh well.

It's a joke.

And read the information thread linked, this actually seems like it could be truly great. Put in a request for an Nvidia copy on the B/S/T forum. I'll certainly pay $20 which seems to be the going rate.

Those dang terrorists are up to it again! In typical Tom Clancy fashion, they have had enough of America's WORLD POLICE-ing! Since they can't just fight like real men and call it a day, they decide they are going to spook all of America with some poorly-cut YouTube clips and an ominous countdown timer. Oh, and a bunch of actual terrorist attacks. The President of the United States - not knowing that she owes Sam Fisher one for saving her life in the previous game - asks him to lead the charge in hunting down those poor terrorists that just want America to leave them alone.

I also don't know who was in charge of naming the villains this time around, but they are called "The Engineers". A silly name if you ask me, because most engineers I know are just really introverted and will look at their shoes when talking to anyone. Well, maybe that's why they use YouTube clips to get their point across. And why they happen to be all dudes.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist tells the story of how Sam Fisher got bored of not having a job, so he jumped on a plane with a woman whose guts he hated, a nerd, and a black guy to travel the world and to fight another war on terror, because like they say, "you can't have too much of a good thing." In this case, I mean proper Splinter Cell games, not wars on terror.

pretty much the only reason i'm not buying this game. something like replacing Ironside I can kinda deal with but I'm not putting up with this type of asinine story, dialogue, and characters. also got burnt by buying Conviction day 1.

Im getting the WiiU version. I remember playing Splinter cell on gamecube with the GBA as radar and it made the experience better. Looking forward to it

Replicant

Pre-ordered both the Steelbook and the SILVER steelbook. I think I'm overdoing it. Will cancel one.....hopefully soon before they ship it. :/

Jb

I picked up Conviction on Day one. I won't make the same mistake twice.
All the messaging they've been doing to try to convince CT fans that this is its spiritual successor is nice, but at the end of the day this game is still built on the skeleton of Conviction. Which means M&E is still in here, the light/shadow system is still binary, and the level design still seems to be built around takedowns + M&E.

And Conviction killed him.
I actually liked Conviction very much, imho the best one since Chaos Theory. I still love acting stealthly rather than using direct action, and the fact it allows you to choose how to play doesn't mean you're forced to ditch the stealthier approach. Quite like Dishonored, where you can play using the style that suits you best.

However review embargoes lift today, 18:00 CET.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_lowwgtmEQK1qca4iqo1_400.gif

Superb OT.

UrbanRats

I'm going to get this for sure, but i reworked my plans and i'm giving precedence to Saint's Row IV, sorry.
Looks fun though.

Still a bit miffed about the lack of local coop on the Wii U. In theory, they could patch it in later, right? Any chance of that happening?

I guess I'll wait for the reviews before I decide. If the Gamepad features are useful and the port is decent, I might still pick it up on the Wii U.

danielcw

I would like to point out, that the Steam storepage still does not mention Uplay
A broadband internet connection is recommended, but not required.
Could be an oversight, is likely an oversight, but I have a glimmer of hope.
Uplay is only mentioned as copyright notice

Should we open a Steam Group?

Great intro to the OT.
I am just not sure whether I should read it in dramatic trailer voice, or Peter from Family Guy voice :)

Nicely presented OT but I really don't like joke OTs, oh well!
I susally don't like them either, but this one was well done, and it wasn't a one-sided joke against Conviction or Ubisoft. No hint of mean spirit detected.

B4D1E

I'm going to get this for sure, but i reworked my plans and i'm giving precedence to Saint's Row IV, sorry.
Looks fun though.

I was thinking the same, but I opted for Splinter Cell because I know in a near future there will be a "SR IV: The Full Package edition". And because of all the hype I got watching gameplay vids on YT. Can't wait to have my hands on that Sam Fisher again (it sounds dirty lol )

dreamfall

OT is so fun- it actually got me inspired to not just gloss over this iteration, after Conviction soured me on the series.

Will be on the look out!

Wii U should have optional UPlay in-game achievement bonuses, like every other Ubi game that's been released on it. For reference, the AC3 bonuses consisted of in-game funds, a multiplayer pack, and an Ezio costume.

Ein Bear

Is there no local co-op on the Wii U whatsoever, or is it just a case of them not implementing a way for one player to play on the TV and another to play on the GamePad? The phrasing in the OP implies that regular splitscreen is still in there?

Am pretty excited to play this, haven't touched a Splinter Cell game since Chaos Theory on the original Xbox.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does this still have those fucking auto kills?

In anything not perfectionist: So yes.

Also OMG at this OP. :lol That SvM comparison. :lol

Waiting for Uplay to let me download the Nvidia given version for me to bitch about how they're continuing to ruin Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. Can't wait.

Top Bottom