• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports fans most hated teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

As a sports fan there are some teams where even if it helps my team I can't pull for them.

T1 - Michigan - You can actually smell the arrogance and sense of entitlement. Heard a story from my sister(Wayne State grad) on her way to law school. At a party a drunk UM freshman tells her if she needs a job to look him up.

T1 - Ohio State. Fuck these cheap, lucky SOB's. If the OSU team plane crashed into the Big Hole it wouldn't bother me a bit.

3 - The Bears. If the baselss smugness wasn't bad enough, there's history. They sneak up on us when we need a W. We kill them when it's meaningless.

4 - The GD'd Packers. I'm surprised none of Favre's Whacky Spooge hasn't flown out of Maddens trap yet. There's gonna be massive suicide watches when the redneck goes down and GB has to watch Couch make an even bigger jackass out of himself.

5 - The Bulls/Jordan - Not enough failure can come to this fake, smug sellout. The Bulls will be in the toilet for a decade. And the last memory of Jor-Don is the Wizards. It's a start.

6 - Cubs. I didn't even follow baseball. But my freshman year roommate made me grow to hate them. Fans amazingly are both arrogant in belief that it's cute to lose. All his screaming about what the Cubs deserve like he couldn't comprehend that the Tigers, hell the Lions will win a championship before these clowns.

7 - The Nets. I've never seen a team so proud of accomplishing NOTHING. It's also not often you have a collection of such hateable characters. Kidd, Martin and that alien loking dickhead Jefferson. Plus that move of fouling the Pistons in a blowout to keep them from getting a record was a pussy move the likes of which I haven't seen in some time. Too bad they're going back to the shadows from where they came.

Honorable Mentions - The entire NFC East. I don't necissarily hate them, but they delivered some heartbreaking PO asswhoopings. And playoff appearances aren't all that common for my team.

Bowser

Odoul said:
5 - The Bulls/Jordan - Not enough failure can come to this fake, smug sellout. The Bulls will be in the toilet for a decade. And the last memory of Jor-Don is the Wizards. It's a start.

Isn't DM a mod now? :p

Bowser

retardboy said:
Not me personally, but there are so many Laker haters.

hadup.gif

Willco

Hollywood Square
There are always Lakers haters and Yankees haters. Why? Because they're the most popular and their games are seen by the most people. If 10 people see a game and 9 people like that team, that one person who hates that particular team seems pretty insignificant. Now if 100,000 see a game, 10,000 people that hate that particular team seems a lot bigger.

Odoul

I remember Jordan's last game at the Palace. I was sitting high up on the glass. I booed the shit out of Jordan. Screamed for Stack(who got a bigger pop even though the PA tried to hype the bald gerriatric bitch). Before half time I ran to towards the visitors lockerroom entrance. Security swooped on my ass though. Too bad, I was gonna throw my Slurpee at Mr. Michael on his way in.

Bowser

Odoul said:
I remember Jordan's last game at the Palace. I was sitting high up on the glass. I booed the shit out of Jordan. Screamed for Stack(who got a bigger pop even though the PA tried to hype the bald gerriatric bitch). Before half time I ran to towards the visitors lockerroom entrance. Security swooped on my ass though. Too bad, I was gonna throw my Slurpee at Mr. Michael on his way in.

thumbs_down-vi.jpg

DMczaf

Odoul said:

1575669099.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Odoul

It would've been awesome to one day tell my kids " I was the man that gave MJ a blueberry facial".

You know the face I mean. Eyes closed. Mouth wide open in surprise and shame. Fluid dripping from the nose all the way down to the chin.

Fuckin EPIC.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Texas is pretty hated in this region of the country..

Yankee's, Cowboy's, Laker's are probably tops.

DMczaf

Odoul said:
It would've been awesome to one day tell my kids " I was the man that gave MJ a blueberry facial".

You know the face I mean. Eyes closed. Mouth wide open in surprise and shame. Fluid dripping from the nose all the way down to the chin.

Fuckin EPIC.

It was epic that you got your ass punked by security? If you say so!

security.jpg

"Sorry ma'am...er sir? Only people with class are allowed within 15 feet of Michael."

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
StoOgE said:
Texas is pretty hated in this region of the country..

Yankee's, Cowboy's, Laker's are probably tops.

Fuck the Cowboys. America's Team my ass. Who won four Super Bowls during the seventies? You can be damned sure it wasn't the Cowboys. But those little bitches in silver with their stars get to be America's Team for that decade. Doesn't make any sense to me, how about you? Hard working, down in the dirt, built from nothing to dominate. THAT is America's team.

The Browns suck, too.

Kuramu

Dolphin fan, and can't stand the Jets. I went to a game in the Meadowlands between the two.. i was like 15, and some big 40 yr old Jets fan dude was threatening me after the Dolphins started leading. I wasn't even obnoxious, just cheering. Then my dad, who was sitting 2 rows down from me stepped up to the guy. My Dad played Amatuer League as a defensive something or other... big guy my dad. The jets fan dude shut up fast and left the stadium :D

Turns out most Dolphin fans and Jets fans don't get along... wonder why

Dilbert

I hate the Yankees with a passion, but it's hard for me to work up the same kind of frothing distaste for other teams. The Yankees are not only arrogant pricks, but they screw up the balance of the entire sport with their spending. Sheesh.

Barely behind the Yankees on the hatred list is USC. The only reason I haven't arranged for the entire campus to be accidentally erased from the face of the earth is that I haven't perfected my deathray yet. But it's coming, bitches. UCLA fo' life! <DOES HAND JIVE>

Tied for third on the irrational hatred list are the Dallas Cowboys (well, the entire NFC East OTHER than the Giants, come to think of it, but especially the Cowboys), the New York Knicks, Vijay Singh, and the Oakland Raiders.

Odoul

Don't even get me started on the Cowboys. How is ANYTHING from fucking Texas representative of the nation?

PS. I might not have gotten Michael, but when rolls to town Kobe's gettin some! That is if he isn't gettin some from a Colorado inmate.

-jinx- said:
I hate the Yankees with a passion, but it's hard for me to work up the same kind of frothing distaste for other teams. The Yankees are not only arrogant pricks, but they screw up the balance of the entire sport with their spending. Sheesh.

Barely behind the Yankees on the hatred list is USC. The only reason I haven't arranged for the entire campus to be accidentally erased from the face of the earth is that I haven't perfected my deathray yet. But it's coming, bitches. UCLA fo' life! <DOES HAND JIVE>

Tied for third on the irrational hatred list are the Dallas Cowboys (well, the entire NFC East OTHER than the Giants, come to think of it, but especially the Cowboys), the New York Knicks, Vijay Singh, and the Oakland Raiders.

no they screw up the balance of the sport. got any other arguments that your gonna pull outta your ass?

Dilbert

evil solrac v3.0 said:
no they screw up the balance of the sport. got any other arguments that your gonna pull outta your ass?
There was a discussion about competitive balance in baseball and payrolls some time ago, and there were some good arguments on both sides.

However, are you willing to tell me that the amount of money the Yankees spend on their team -- which, by the way, is $60M MORE than anyone else in baseball this year -- is totally unrelated to their success?

Desperado

Odoul said:
Don't even get me started on the Cowboys. How is ANYTHING from fucking Texas representative of the nation?

PS. I might not have gotten Michael, but when rolls to town Kobe's gettin some! That is if he isn't gettin some from a Colorado inmate.

Where the fuck are you from, buddy?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kuramu said:
Dolphin fan, and can't stand the Jets. I went to a game in the Meadowlands between the two.. i was like 15, and some big 40 yr old Jets fan dude was threatening me after the Dolphins started leading. I wasn't even obnoxious, just cheering. Then my dad, who was sitting 2 rows down from me stepped up to the guy. My Dad played Amatuer League as a defensive something or other... big guy my dad. The jets fan dude shut up fast and left the stadium :D

Turns out most Dolphin fans and Jets fans don't get along... wonder why
The Dolphins are THE Jets rivals. Then the Colts. Then the Patriots. Personally, I'm an odd Jets fan in that I don't mind the Dolphins and I love the Pats. But I HATE the Colts. With a passion.

I think it's an undeniable fact that the Yankees, by default, have the most haters of any team. But I don't care, cause they're just jealous.

Other teams I hate include the Detroit Red Wings, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia 76ers, Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Stars, and others that I can't recall at the moment.

NLB2

Banned
Washington Redskins. They've really got to change that name.

Every NHL team.

American Men's Gymnastic's team because Paul Hamm is an ass who lost but won't give up his gold medal.

Oh man, you guys need to stop looking regional and think overall.

Everyone hates the Oakland Raiders if you're not a fan, especially San Diego. When the Raiders come into town, Qualcomm is sold out because of Raiders fans. They will come in and drink your beer, start shit in your own house, and talk to your women. (Taken from JT the Brick, who is right) And take note, sports fans, we don't need your respect, we don't need sympathy, we just go in and take care of business, and if we have a shitty season, we do whatever it takes to try to take you out of the playoffs.

New York Yankees, most hated professional franchise IMO. To me, I don't mind Steinbrenner spending lots of money to bring the fans what they want, a championship. Just don't be so fucking smug and arrogant about it.

I think though, this list is commonly mistaken for FANS that you hate. And here's my list.

At the very top of the list, it's Philly fans. You poor souls, you think passion is an excuse to throw batteries onto the ground and start fights in the stands. I love how all you fans cheer for your teams and drink the kool-aid every year, until your teams just IMPLODE. And there's never a good, valid excuse for choking. Let's start with the beloved Eagles. You jeer when opposing players get carted off the field in a stretcher, and you had your own court house in the Vet. Yeah, that's putting the ass in class. Now that T.O. is your savior this year, NO EXCUSES.

And all the other teams are meaningless, because Philly's highlight of the year so far is all over a stupid race horse. And in typical Philly fashion, the horse chokes again when it's time to win the Triple Crown.

Next is the Boston Red Sox fans. You poor, delusional souls. 1918, 1918, 1918! The next time I go into a restaurant in Boston, I will do whatever it takes to get my tab to read $19.18 just to spite you! Every horrible Chowd transplant out here invades my Oakland Coliseum with nothing but complaints about how great Boston is, how it's not Fenway, how the Yankees are the Evil Empire, blah blah blah. Well if you fuckers love Boston so much, why aren't you back home where you belong? And another thing, taking your kids and indoctrinating them as Red Sox fans in anywhere outside of Boston should be classified as CHILD ABUSE. I hope you guys run into another curse with NOMAH. And by the way, it's NOMAR!

TheDuce22

Banned
"At the very top of the list, it's Philly fans. You poor souls, you think passion is an excuse to throw batteries onto the ground and start fights in the stands. I love how all you fans cheer for your teams and drink the kool-aid every year, until your teams just IMPLODE. And there's never a good, valid excuse for choking. Let's start with the beloved Eagles. You jeer when opposing players get carted off the field in a stretcher, and you had your own court house in the Vet."

Say what you want about the teams but the fans themselves get a bad rap. The media would rather harp on philly fans booing a drunken santa 20 some years ago than mention browns fans pelting the refs with beer bottles or giants fans bombarding the feild with snowballs. How about when the cardinals fans cheered Steve Youngs carear ending injury, it has happened numerous other times. Fans of other teams have done far worse.

"I love how all you fans cheer for your teams and drink the kool-aid every year, until your teams just IMPLODE. And there's never a good, valid excuse for choking."

Thats just a dumb comment to make. Philly fans are some of the most critical in all of sports, they know when a team has problems. You act like its wrong to cheer for a team that you know has weaknesses. Also, I can give you plenty of valid reasons the eagles lost this past year. The holding rule wasnt inforced/wide recievers couldnt get off the line, mcnabb was knocked out on a cheap shot, they didnt run the ball enough, the entire starting defensive line was out with injuries, westbrook (our most consistant offensive weapon) was out for the year. How is that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I too hate Philly fans. But then again, I just flat out don't like the city of Philadelphia, so I guess it comes with the territory.

New York Yankees
Dallas Cowboys
SF 49ers
Sacramento Queens
Boston Celtics
New York Knicks
every other Eastern conference NBA team
University of Miami
Duke basketball

NLB2

Banned
WasabiKing said:
Oh man, you guys need to stop looking regional and think overall.

Everyone hates the Oakland Raiders if you're not a fan, especially San Diego. When the Raiders come into town, Qualcomm is sold out because of Raiders fans. They will come in and drink your beer, start shit in your own house, and talk to your women. (Taken from JT the Brick, who is right) And take note, sports fans, we don't need your respect, we don't need sympathy, we just go in and take care of business, and if we have a shitty season, we do whatever it takes to try to take you out of the playoffs.

New York Yankees, most hated professional franchise IMO. To me, I don't mind Steinbrenner spending lots of money to bring the fans what they want, a championship. Just don't be so fucking smug and arrogant about it.

I think though, this list is commonly mistaken for FANS that you hate. And here's my list.

At the very top of the list, it's Philly fans. You poor souls, you think passion is an excuse to throw batteries onto the ground and start fights in the stands. I love how all you fans cheer for your teams and drink the kool-aid every year, until your teams just IMPLODE. And there's never a good, valid excuse for choking. Let's start with the beloved Eagles. You jeer when opposing players get carted off the field in a stretcher, and you had your own court house in the Vet. Yeah, that's putting the ass in class. Now that T.O. is your savior this year, NO EXCUSES.

And all the other teams are meaningless, because Philly's highlight of the year so far is all over a stupid race horse. And in typical Philly fashion, the horse chokes again when it's time to win the Triple Crown.

Next is the Boston Red Sox fans. You poor, delusional souls. 1918, 1918, 1918! The next time I go into a restaurant in Boston, I will do whatever it takes to get my tab to read $19.18 just to spite you! Every horrible Chowd transplant out here invades my Oakland Coliseum with nothing but complaints about how great Boston is, how it's not Fenway, how the Yankees are the Evil Empire, blah blah blah. Well if you fuckers love Boston so much, why aren't you back home where you belong? And another thing, taking your kids and indoctrinating them as Red Sox fans in anywhere outside of Boston should be classified as CHILD ABUSE. I hope you guys run into another curse with NOMAH. And by the way, it's NOMAR!
Wasabi King = Spike Lee?

Joe

how can anyone possibly hate the worlds greatest, most winningest, and most popular franchise in the world? :shrugs shoulders:

i dont HATE any teams but i do dislike:
-boston red sox

that is all.

Paradox

Fucking Raiders, Only team I really hate. I dont really hate the Chiefs or Chargers like I hate the Raiders. Meh.

On the basketball side I guess I dislike the Kings the most. :D

Shinobi

Willco said:
There are always Lakers haters and Yankees haters. Why? Because they're the most popular and their games are seen by the most people. If 10 people see a game and 9 people like that team, that one person who hates that particular team seems pretty insignificant. Now if 100,000 see a game, 10,000 people that hate that particular team seems a lot bigger.

Nonsense. There weren't always Laker haters. At one time it was Laker fans vs Celtic fans. After that went away in the early 90's, nobody gave a shit about them since they did little in the playoffs. It wasn't till Kobe was getting more minutes and Phil came along that they became truly despised. And rightly so too.

Only other team I hate these days is Manchester United...as an Arsenal fan, I'm honour-bound to hate that bunch of whining, hypocritical gnats.

DM's a mod now?

:lol

His dream has been realized.

Anyway, I hate the Cowboys, Spurs, that bitch Michelle Jordan, and the Yankees.

Shinobi said:
Nonsense. There weren't always Laker haters. At one time it was Laker fans vs Celtic fans. After that went away in the early 90's, nobody gave a shit about them since they did little in the playoffs. It wasn't till Kobe was getting more minutes and Phil came along that they became truly despised. And rightly so too.

doubt that. If there was as much news coverage and scrutiny what with the internet, 24 hour sports/news channels, and news radio, as there is now in the 80s, the same people would have been bitching about Magic and the showtime bunch as they ran off 5 rings and 9 trips to the Finals in the 80s. Its all about (over)exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom