• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square CEO wants to identify existing IP that could be upgraded to AAA status

A.Romero

It sounds like good news to me. Many if those IP would almost count as new as younger gamers haven't had a chance to experience them.

Perrott

NieR should be their 4th pilar in terms of tentpole franchises, joining the likes of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts.

Go_Ly_Dow

NieR should be their 4th pilar in terms of tentpole franchises, joining the likes of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts.
I agree. There's also a good chance that NieR was upgraded to AAA following the massive success of Automata. A new one must surely be in the works, but we've heard nothing yet.

So this may leave room for something else.

Last edited:

Belthazar

It's so obviously Chrono... hopefully this will be the guy to finally decide on doing it. An AAA Chrono sequel with turn based combat would probably sell a shitload in the current climate

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m looking forward to 8 years from now when [IP] AAA upgrade releases and everybody hates it and talks about how [IP] was so much better 25 years ago.

Hudo

Mana, Parasite Eve, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono, Nier, a new fucking Ivalice game...

...hell, I bet you could make a good, new Star Ocean game for once if you really tried.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seriously Parasite Eve with FFVIIREBIRTH graphics
Do it now SE
Ehhh 3rd Birthday was an attempt to bring Parasite Eve to fully 3D graphics on par with (at the time) Crisis Core. It was awful.

"Parasite Eve with great modern 3D graphics" only really works if they give the original game the remake treatment similar to Resident Evil 2. Most games don't really survive the move from pre-rendered 2D backgrounds to fully 3D environments. Also, for the love of god keep the turn based battle system, I don't want this to be an action game like the 3rd one was.

RaZoR No1

FF VII?

jokes aside
NieR but only with prime Platinum Games handling the gameplay.

With the fame NieR now has, they could easily release a new Drakengard or even remake/remaster the old ones

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ehhh 3rd Birthday was an attempt to bring Parasite Eve to fully 3D graphics on par with (at the time) Crisis Core. It was awful.

"Parasite Eve with great modern 3D graphics" only really works if they give the original game the remake treatment similar to Resident Evil 2. Most games don't really survive the move from pre-rendered 2D backgrounds to fully 3D environments. Also, for the love of god keep the turn based battle system, I don't want this to be an action game like the 3rd one was.
Actually I was thinking just the graphical quality of FFVIIREBIRTH
While a 3D camera can still work there was parts in FFVIIremake that was static camara angles.
I think they should do the same and have a similar time freeze/slow motion in battle along with a normal 3rd person attack like in RE

GymWolf

Gold Member
Can't wait for a 4 episode version of parasite eve with kingdom hearts level of fanfiction.

throw-up-vomit.gif

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I caught that 😏
We talking about a Remake not a sequel like FFVIIremake actually is
I edited because i though it was double.

I have no problem repeating that, fuck off with the parasite eve remake idea :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I know what you want, but with modern square nothing is safe.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TGO

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I edited because i though it was double.

I have no problem repeating that, fuck off with the parasite eve remake idea :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I know what you want, but with modern square nothing is safe.
I agree but don't at the same time.
But that's because I actually like FFVIIremake and think it's the closest they've been to the old Square

Top Bottom