• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX On Tour - new screens and info

teepo

SolidSnakex said:
You sure about that? They'll put in more Lil Jon and Ying Yang Twins then.

good club music wouldn't work for a racing game?

Himuro said:
Exactly SolidSnakeX. Exactly. Give me Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Wordsworth, anything.

those are a far cry from underground.

teepo said:
good club music wouldn't work for a racing game?

The Underground titles are widely considered to have some of the worst music in any racing game and that's generally the type of rap it has.

Himuro said:

That was basically a reply to him saying that YYT/Lil Jon would work in racing games since they're good club music. That style of rap is already in racing games and its not really liked at all.

Does the Xbox version support custom soundtracks? Snowboarding games are best played chilled, and EA Trax hasn't been able to deliver that so far. Hip hop and rock? Ugh. I'll approve if the rock is early UCP, or if the hip hop is Akhenaton. But I doubt it. Another showcase for why custom soundtracks rock, just like Burnout 3 was.

And if it's not too much to ask, give us an Xbox360 version as well.

StRaNgE

Banned
Wakune said:
Metal/Rock in games is much worse, FYI but regardless, the music in the past SSX games have all fit the style of the game, except for the rock in 3, and to have a larger focus on the previous title's weakest music selections only saddens my heart. Gamers don't like music chosen to compliment the game...no. EA Trax and focus group proven grit and angst are the ways to go!!

Hip hop makes me vomit in my mouth.... so your opinion is only YOUR opinion!

Top Bottom