• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stadia Connect 4/28 9am PT

Mista

Banned
1Jj9.gif

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I have a Stadia Pro/Founders Edition. Haven't even opened up the box yet, it's still sealed. I will only open it, connect, it, and play if Google buys Konami and makes it a great company again.

T-Square

just got a good deal on a pixel slate and a stadia pro trial so this may interest me.

I'm not going to lie I thought it was a waste of resources but I got a chance to try it on my phone and it's kind of...I don't know its weird but I was impressed to see grid running on my phone like that. we'll see

Last edited:

vdopey

I have it,

I ran the three month trial and used it 2 or 3 times and unfortunately the 1st attempt it was the laggiest shittiest thing I had ever played, literally 1 to 2 sec mouse moves on computer and the controller is awful - forget this xbox / ps fanboy wars which idiot designed that stupid stadia controller ? Its the worst controller I've used, my hand was aching after 20 minutes - its the cheapest shittiest controller I've ever had the displeasure of using.

2nd and 3rd try I couldn't get into a single destiny2 multiplayer match, I might be lying and got into 1 but there wasn't enough players for control for example after waiting about 30 minutes. Granted at the time my ISP had messed up my internet connection (not entirely their fault another provider installed new lines into our building and damaged the cabling for other installations) - retried it again after it was fixed not much fun, couldnt find a match. Also the chromecast ultra causes my Sony TV to crash, so I had to unplug it. My TV already has chromecast, I think part of the reason it just starts acting funny: I have this: https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kd-65a1

I tried it again recently with the new 2 month trial period they added, again laggy, again not impressed, again no players for destiny2 multiplayer.

If google were serious about getting into gaming they would produce dedicated hardware as it stands its only good for the free games, there is no way I am paying a subscription and then paying ridiculous amounts for a game for it to be trapped behind a subscription service -- if you want a Netflix style service then all of your games must be free for that subscription, if you want me to buy games then I must be able to play them outside of any subscription at full capability, stupid business model, stupid decisions the service is just full retard, like most of googles new offerings nowadays. They are trapped behind this notion that all activity must be run through the web and through their data centres - I mean ffs android is capable of playing games locally and well (cod on android is pretty damn impressive) Why cant you get it through your thick heads a streaming only gaming platform is full retard ?

I expect the platform to be dead this time next year, like most of their projects.

T-Square

I have it,

I ran the three month trial and used it 2 or 3 times and unfortunately the 1st attempt it was the laggiest shittiest thing I had ever played, literally 1 to 2 sec mouse moves on computer and the controller is awful - forget this xbox / ps fanboy wars which idiot designed that stupid stadia controller ? Its the worst controller I've used, my hand was aching after 20 minutes - its the cheapest shittiest controller I've ever had the displeasure of using.

2nd and 3rd try I couldn't get into a single destiny2 multiplayer match, I might be lying and got into 1 but there wasn't enough players for control for example after waiting about 30 minutes. Granted at the time my ISP had messed up my internet connection (not entirely their fault another provider installed new lines into our building and damaged the cabling for other installations) - retried it again after it was fixed not much fun, couldnt find a match. Also the chromecast ultra causes my Sony TV to crash, so I had to unplug it. My TV already has chromecast, I think part of the reason it just starts acting funny: I have this: https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kd-65a1

I tried it again recently with the new 2 month trial period they added, again laggy, again not impressed, again no players for destiny2 multiplayer.

If google were serious about getting into gaming they would produce dedicated hardware as it stands its only good for the free games, there is no way I am paying a subscription and then paying ridiculous amounts for a game for it to be trapped behind a subscription service -- if you want a Netflix style service then all of your games must be free for that subscription, if you want me to buy games then I must be able to play them outside of any subscription at full capability, stupid business model, stupid decisions the service is just full retard, like most of googles new offerings nowadays. They are trapped behind this notion that all activity must be run through the web and through their data centres - I mean ffs android is capable of playing games locally and well (cod on android is pretty damn impressive) Why cant you get it through your thick heads a streaming only gaming platform is full retard ?

I expect the platform to be dead this time next year, like most of their projects.
I like their hardware agnostic model but you are 142.5% right about having to buy licenses on top of subscribing. especially with stuff like Xbox game pass out there

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Once video game streaming gets on a roll it will be the go to media right now it feels like a gimmick gadget.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Yeah I have no interest in Stadia, but i tuned in pretty unimpressive. They are still advertising Doom Eternal for Stadia.

dottme

I have a good laugh on this one. There’s nothing over there.
All the « first on Stadia » are small indie games.
and still no big exclusive announcement.

wolywood

EA porting games like FIFA and Fallen Order means that Stadia isn't going anywhere for the time being, they typically never support a platform unless they think it'll be successful. I still remember waiting (and waiting and waiting) for some kind of EA announcement on Dreamcast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkam

EA porting games like FIFA and Fallen Order means that Stadia isn't going anywhere for the time being, they typically never support a platform unless they think it'll be successful. I still remember waiting (and waiting and waiting) for some kind of EA announcement on Dreamcast.

Thats not why EA didnt support DC, was due to Sega having their own competing sports series and EA not wanting to compete. I see EA dropping late ports on Stadia cus Google wrote a big check. Google probably needs to do a lot more of that.

This does make me wonder if EA's plans for their own Streaming service (with I believe Comcast as a partner) have changed.

Last edited:

wolywood

Thats not why EA didnt support DC, was due to Sega having their own competing sports series and EA not wanting to compete. I see EA dropping late ports on Stadia cus Google wrote a big check. Google probably needs to do a lot more of that.

This does make me wonder if EA's plans for their own Streaming service (with I believe Comcast as a partner) have changed.

Well FIFA will probably be this year's version, launched alongside the other console ports. But yeah, I'm sure dump trucks full of cash/Google Play credit were involved in this deal. I had the same thought about EA abandoning their cloud service (Project Atlas or something?)

Arkam

Well FIFA will probably be this year's version, launched alongside the other console ports. But yeah, I'm sure dump trucks full of cash/Google Play credit were involved in this deal. I had the same thought about EA abandoning their cloud service (Project Atlas or something?)
More I think about it. By putting the games on Stadia, EA can see how the games run and where they could be improved to perform better streamed. Also see if there is interest in their games by the consumer who would play streamed games. Big data point to determine if it’s worth launching a streaming platform (cuz it ain’t cheap)

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
More I think about it. By putting the games on Stadia, EA can see how the games run and where they could be improved to perform better streamed. Also see if there is interest in their games by the consumer who would play streamed games. Big data point to determine if it’s worth launching a streaming platform (cuz it ain’t cheap)
I hear ya
I just think nVidia is going to etch themselves a good cut into the market considering they can just make their own hardware. Even sell VDI's off their web site now

Now just to find a protocol or codec that can be neatly compressed for HD...

Top Bottom