• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stalker Gamma - wtf did I get myself into

Tomeru

This a standalone mod of a mod (?) that combines all three games (or something). Its an open-ish world survival horror with somewhat realistic gunplay and too realistic survival mechanics. I mean you need to manage you hunger, thirst, psyche, radiation levels, sleep fatigue... I never was into survival games like this, so I don't know how in-depth it is, but this is a very refreshing experience I'm, errr, experiencing.

It's hard. Hard af. It's also terrifying and stressful. The monsters in this game are as scary as they come. The atmosphere is unreal, unlike anything I member. Thanks to this being an over 80gb, 400 mods combined - graphics are superb, and you can add or remove any you want. The areas are vast and beautiful and scary and intruiging, they make you want to explore. The Sound effects. Man these sound effects! Everything sounds alive. How can this sound better than many modern games?!

I was minding my own business, executing some bozos a quest asked me too. When I was done (took me a few tries), I was warming up by the fire when a freekish siren went off. Ravens started crying. There are storms you need to take shelters from or you'll die. You also have 6 body parts to manage (head torso, arms and legs). The products and materials you use to heal up also cause you to become thirsty or hungry. Or radiated. You drink vodka and smoke to negate radiation. Lmao.

Anyway, I'm just at the start of this thing, but I intend to follow through. Finally got the basic toolkit so I can start fixing shit up and crafting new things. I'm too late in trying this thing out, but it is worth it.

Top Bottom