• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Infinite - Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We are pleased to announce Star Trek: Infinite, a new game developed with the team at Nimble Giant Entertainment. Bringing the captivating fantasy of the Star Trek universe into an experience not before had. Follow our social media accounts and save the date for June 16th, Picard Day, where we will make a full reveal of Star Trek: Infinite.

I've been ignoring licensed Star Trek trash for literally decades at this point... but I could be convinced to take a look at a 4x strategy Trek game... Despite its bugginess I got a lot of mileage out of Birth of the Federation back in the day.

Reactions: Fuz
I wish we could get Star Trek games more like that one on the Sega Genesis. I think it was called Future's Past? I love that game and it was pretty much like Mass Effect back in the day.

Also, I heard Elite Force one and two are good. I still need to get those on GOG.

I wish we could get a GOG release of Deep Space Nine - The Fallen.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I’ve logged a lot of hours on Stellaris, Master of Orion, you name it. I’m definitely in.

Hey Blinkin

I've been ignoring licensed Star Trek trash for literally decades at this point... but I could be convinced to take a look at a 4x strategy Trek game... Despite its bugginess I got a lot of mileage out of Birth of the Federation back in the day.

Have you tried Stellaris?

Sure would be nice for a new Trek series, too bad it appears the franchise will end with the wet fart of the Enterprise finale.
I feel you bro.

I really wanted to know what was up with the whole Temporal Cold War but at least for the time being it seems we'll never get a conclusion to that or any answers.

Also, whatever happened to those Lovecraftian Reapers from the first season of Picard? They hinted that was going to be the main antagonist but they just went with the Borg again.

I feel you bro.

I really wanted to know what was up with the whole Temporal Cold War but at least for the time being it seems we'll never get a conclusion to that or any answers.

Also, whatever happened to those Lovecraftian Reapers from the first season of Picard? They hinted that was going to be the main antagonist but they just went with the Borg again.
Picard what? I don't know what you're talking about, Star Trek ended with Enterprise.

Have you tried Stellaris?
Briefly, not enough to figure out the mechanics or even if I would particularly like the game. The Trek trappings would be a big part of the draw here. I played a decent amount of Civ 2/3/4... barely touched 5, just didn't invest the time into it. Then six came out and I thought surely I'll play this one... and now six is pretty old... I guess what I'm saying here is maybe something a little simplified with a Trek theme is the thing I'd need to get back into strategy gaming a little.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So this is just going to be STELLARIS but within the TREK universe right? If so. Hell. Yes. I mean that's how I play base STELLARIS as anyway (the United Nations of Earth constantly spreading "democracy" out across the stars, ne federated species after another), but if this is what we think it is (and given that it is PARADOX this seems like a safe bet) - hooboy.

Briefly, not enough to figure out the mechanics or even if I would particularly like the game. The Trek trappings would be a big part of the draw here. I played a decent amount of Civ 2/3/4... barely touched 5, just didn't invest the time into it. Then six came out and I thought surely I'll play this one... and now six is pretty old... I guess what I'm saying here is maybe something a little simplified with a Trek theme is the thing I'd need to get back into strategy gaming a little.

CIV and STELLARIS are strategy games, and that's kind of where the fundamental similarities end. I am hoping that INFINITE leans more STELLARIS than CIV but if probably will be more CIV honestly, as the "generational" aspect of PARADOX strategy games doesn't really seem to fit with something like TREK unless they are going to try something like VICTORIA or HOI where you have a timeline on a very compressed era, but the games go on for hours because of how complex the late game becomes (like HOI is really just WW2, but those games can go loooong; at least mine can).

. . .I guess we shall see this Friday.

Top Bottom