• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

MZQvlTs.png

Tsunamo

Are you guys speculating based on rumors or has it been confirmed that the new show will be sequel era?

Good on them for being able to choose their own end point though.
Filoni basically said each generation needs their own star wars show on stage and that the end of Rebels isn't the end of Star Wars animation, so I think the implication was basically that each era needs a show to go with it and that they'll be moving towards that era with the next show.

But I don't have anything official to go with it.
Damn. 4 seasons isn't bad, though, and it's a good thing that unlike TCW they can actually plan an ending. There's going to be some sorrow in the end.

I wonder who lives besides Hera and Chopper? I'm guessing nobody. Maybe Sabine, but returned to Mandalore as the new leader or something. Ezra and Kanan are dead men walking.

Rex lives. They'll totally make him the RotJ character. Zeb, who knows.

I bet Thrawn lives and [Aftermath: Empires End ending spoilers]
joins up with Sloane, Hux and the kids as they head to the Unknown Regions, leading into the new series.

I bet we see Ahsoka, too, some little indication she's alive out there somewhere, and with some explanation as to why she can't be around in the OT. Filoni loves her too much to not keep her alive. Or else give her definitive closure if she's dead.
I definitely think Sabine could be alive still. There was a book that implied graffiti art was done by her (but set after episode 6 I believe) but yeah Ezra and Kanan are most likely gonna die.

I think if they do a post-episode 6 show they could have a Luke and Asoka meet up at some point (even if it's just a one off at a jedi temple or something similar), they're probably playing the long game with her.
Hope we get some plot summarys later. I don't mind spoilers when I have to wait half a year for it to premiere on TV.

Metalmarc

Did we not see concept art for the next show the other year back? Like i'm sure remember white and red spaceships? Or am i confusing it for early rebels concept art

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Time until the Battlefront panel:

t1492281000z1.png

Time until the Marvel Comics panel:

t1492286400z1.png

I'm going to be so sad if the whole battlefront panel just leads up to a trailer that already leaked.

Hopefully we get some gameplay but it's possible they're saving it for E3.

Davide

Filoni basically said each generation needs their own star wars show on stage and that the end of Rebels isn't the end of Star Wars animation, so I think the implication was basically that each era needs a show to go with it and that they'll be moving towards that era with the next show.
I hope Filoni isn't involved in any others.

They got Hera almost one-upping Han Solo in that trailer. Really cool shot, gotta admit.

Han jumped to lightspeed from a cold start in a hanger. Hera jumped to lightspeed THROUGH a hangar.

Boke1879

Anyone else super excited about Battlefront?

I am. I legit can't wait for that game. Loved the first one and I know as we get closer to the Fall I'm going to be hyped beyond belief.

Hype for the game, movie marketing will be in full swing, toys and shit will be released. Star Wars hype starts to consume me around that time.

I'm going to be so sad if the whole battlefront panel just leads up to a trailer that already leaked.

I think that was just part of the full trailer. It'll be a bit disappointing if we get a CG trailer with no gameplay.

Also, if we're following Hera (or at least she's the legacy character we transition with to the new series) I wouldn't be surprised at all if it includes her and Ewoks, like the webseries that got announced Thursday night.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member

Dice have stated that it's their biggest trailer they've done. I really doubt the leak is it because it's pretty short, seems more like it's a commercial edit. Not expecting gameplay though.

Boke1879

Me. Would've punched myself more than a year ago if I said that then.

I get the feeling they'll under-deliver with the prequel stuff though.

I really hope they don't under-deliver with the prequel stuff. They can really extend the life of this game by adding content for a couple of years. And they have so much to pull from.

If anything they should under-deliver with the sequel stuff as they'll only have 2 movies for reference.

Plasma

Banned
Me. Would've punched myself more than a year ago if I said that then.

I get the feeling they'll under-deliver with the prequel stuff though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prequel content is just for heroes and the Naboo map is for a hero only game mode but I hope I'm proved wrong. It just seems like a lot would have to go into making all of the Clonetroopers, Separatists. vehicles and weapons when they're already going to have to do that for the TFA content.

RyanW

Dice have stated that it's their biggest trailer they've done. I really doubt the leak is it because it's pretty short, seems more like it's a commercial edit.

It's already been tweeted out that we are getting the full trailer today. They've already officially released that teaser

Boke1879

Dice have stated that it's their biggest trailer they've done. I really doubt the leak is it because it's pretty short, seems more like it's a commercial edit. Not expecting gameplay though.

Yea that seems like a commercial for youtube channels.

If DICE are worth a damn though. They absolutely need to give a snippet of gameplay.

Yeah, I fell to the BF1 hype and played it for a while, but ultimately felt ripped off. It makes me not want to bite on BF2, even though I know myself too well and know I'll get it anyway.

Tsunamo

My only hope for Battlefront 2 is that they do some The Clone Wars content. There's so many great setpieces for maps they could take from the cartoon.

Boem

It still cracks me up that Hera referred to Chopper as a war veteran in that trailer. I get that it's technically correct, and that 'a warrior, a fallen knight and a cranky comedy robot' doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but still.

Really good trailer. I love that you can end on a Hera shot and have it be meaningful. Even though the animated stuff isn't completely for me, it really speaks to their hard work that stuff like that works so well. And damn that hyperspace-through-a-spacestation shot was good.

Wonder what the next show will be. I hope they'll go for a slightly different art/animation style again, just like the change from Clone Wars to Rebels. Gives each show its own personality.

Ridisc

Banned
You know one thing im slightly upset about is that, other than Luke and the practice droid, we never got any lightsaber training, everyone who has needed to use one can use one, I really hoped in the prequels we would see lessons or duels.

Eggbok

You know one thing im slightly upset about is that, other than Luke and the practice droid, we never got any lightsaber training, everyone who has needed to use one can use one, I really hoped in the prequels we would see lessons or duels.

tos4.PNG

jedi_youngling42opp.png

Boem

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I honestly want Jar Jar as a Battlefront 2 character. He'd be perfect as a 'last of the DLC packs wild card addition' character.

And I'm not a fan of the prequels at all, or Jar Jar. But just like I'm totally fine with new projects (movies, games, etc) pulling from that era, I think accepting Jar Jar as a part of it all could be very fun. I don't need to see him in the movies ever again but hell, it's just a game. It'd be fun. His playstyle would pretty much involve just moving in a certain direction and everything magically going just right for you. Complete chaos for your enemies.

It'll never happen though, and I know I'll have a hard time convincing anyone that this would be the greatest idea ever.

Real Hero

watch the episode of rebels with sabine and the darksaber

There's a whole episode of Rebels entirely about lightsaber training from this season. It's also the best episode of that show.

Boem

I'll tell you guys one thing: the Gaf Rebels thread will have to be avoided if they put another lighter comedy sidestory with some droids between some of the episodes. People will lose their minds over that, given that this is the last season.

I'm saying go for it because kids love that stuff, and it's for them in the end.

Boke1879

It still cracks me up that Hera referred to Chopper as a war veteran in that trailer. I get that it's technically correct, and that 'a warrior, a fallen knight and a cranky comedy robot' doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but still.

Really good trailer. I love that you can end on a Hera shot and have it be meaningful. Even though the animated stuff isn't completely for me, it really speaks to their hard work that stuff like that works so well. And damn that hyperspace-through-a-spacestation shot was good.

Wonder what the next show will be. I hope they'll go for a slightly different art/animation style again, just like the change from Clone Wars to Rebels. Gives each show its own personality.

Yea i haven't watched the animated stuff, but I may get into it when I have nothing else to do one day.

I think it really shows how strong the brand is right now. There is literally something for everybody.

Real Hero

I'll be honest and say the 3 seasons of rebels are better and more interesting star wars to me than Force Awakens and Rogue one. Please don't kill me fanboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom