• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You start to realise just how small the want for the unaltered OT is when no one asks Kathy Kennedy about it.

I think the existence of the Despecialized cuts has in part salved that need; sure, it's not the most perfect solution (720p and upscaling is still used for certain elements), but for everybody but the most hardcore of the hardcore, it's sufficient.

TrueBlue

Unwfe7R.jpg

Ill just wait for Bobby to squash my last bit of hope

Hey, what's up!

The only hope anyone had was due to the Closing Ceremonies being listed on the "Future of Star Wars" programming track.

We know the last time there was a Future Filmmaking panel, they talked about Rogue One, and they were going to talk about Boba Fett, which was gonna be Trank's movie. Although there was basically nothing more to Boba Fett than a vague idea, some art, and maybe an outline? Something like that?

If if there's actually an Obi-Wan movie being discussed, it's probably not even at that stage - and they definitely aren't going to announce a movie without at least having a director or writer ready to go.

My thoughts are that if there's anything regarding future films in that closing ceremony, it's going to be about the Han & Lando movie. Maybe a title.

That's probably it.

witness

Wish I would have known you need to register to get into the funko booth before 2pm today. There's lots of exclusives that I wanted to get and there's already a big line for 2pm. Shit.

Another great night for Panels. Rebels Season 4, Battlefront 2 and the Marvel Comics. (which from what I recall had no news at last years celebration nor a panel)In time a new hope shall emerge.

There's still the closing ceremony and its alternate title, even if it's unlikely

Pretty sure it had a panel, it just wasn't streamed. Gillen was there talking about Vader.

I thought I was posting in the Teaser thread. Sigh.

Is it really hard for people to see how weird it is that just 2 movies ago Luke very proudly and defiantly proclaimed, "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." And now he is saying "It's time for the Jedi to end."

Obviously there will be a reason for it. The movie will probably be all about that.

Just wait and see. What if Luke, when he found the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To, discovered something about the Jedi's origins that completely undermined everything he thought he knew?

Boem

So was the Forces of Destiny thing the project Filoni was secretly working on, causing him to hand over (part of) his responsibilities on Rebels, or is there a new full show he might be doing?

I know the answer is probably 'nobody knows'

Waldini

Hey, what's up!

The only hope anyone had was due to the Closing Ceremonies being listed on the "Future of Star Wars" programming track.

We know the last time there was a Future Filmmaking panel, they talked about Rogue One, and they were going to talk about Boba Fett, which was gonna be Trank's movie. Although there was basically nothing more to Boba Fett than a vague idea, some art, and maybe an outline? Something like that?

If if there's actually an Obi-Wan movie being discussed, it's probably not even at that stage - and they definitely aren't going to announce a movie without at least having a director or writer ready to go.

My thoughts are that if there's anything regarding future films in that closing ceremony, it's going to be about the Han & Lando movie. Maybe a title.

That's probably it.

True. They could announce it though. I mean... they could.

Who am I kidding?

So was the Forces of Destiny thing the project Filoni was secretly working on, causing him to hand over (part of) his responsibilities on Rebels, or is there a new full show he might be doing?

The Rebels panel will probably be the answer.

I think that starts around now-ish, right?

I thought I was posting in the Teaser thread. Sigh.

Is it really hard for people to see how weird it is that just 2 movies ago Luke very proudly and defiantly proclaimed, "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." And now he is saying "It's time for the Jedi to end."
(I know it's not the teaser thread) but also keep in mind that 30-40 years have passed between ROTJ and TFA. Of course it would be great to see on screen Luke's change of heart but we can't expect him to be 65 years old and be the exact same idealistic young Jedi he used to be.

Wonder if they're just killing time with Steve Blum here, or might they be streaming the panel on a set delay? Or not at all, meaning they fucked up with the schedule again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom