• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Episodes VII, VIII, IX -- Rumors Never Die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm browsing CNN Headline news, and I see a blurb that Lucasfilm has had ILM employees sign NDAs for Star Wars VII, VIII, and IX. Just thought I'd pass it along.

HalfPastNoon said:
Please, god, NO. Unless Lucas stays the fuck away. Just let the series end next summer...

How I would love for this to happen, and shut up man, George Lucas could do a great job, my bigger concern would be the fact that htere's not much room for a new story to be written in after the events of ROTJ, considering the next 20 have been written about. And I would like to see and new movies acknwoledge the Expanded Universe. Maybe he would just base it off of the Heir to the Empire series, but again, that wouldent be origonal Though I suspose he would also base it on The New Jedi order series of books.

On a side note, GOD I am soo far behind on those books :(

~Black Deatha

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Only if Lucas lets somebody else direct. I also seem to remember Lucas saying that he didn't want to make more Star Wars movies after the prequels were done simply because Star Wars has already consumed so many years of his life in order to make. Hopefully he just comes up with the general plot ideas and lets somebody else handle the trouble of how to get those ideas onto film.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Jonny said:
We will all be dead before these ever get released, anyway..

That's what I thought as a child, but damn, I'm almost old enough to see Episode III released.

As I sat in the audience for Ep. II opening night, I thought there was WAY TOO MUCH money to be made for these people to stop after one more movie.

That said, I'd love to see more Star Wars movies, esp. the last three of the trilogy.

I'll be there opening night, just make the movies Lucas (or protege).

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Black Deatha said:
How I would love for this to happen, and shut up man, George Lucas could do a great job, my bigger concern would be the fact that htere's not much room for a new story to be written in after the events of ROTJ, considering the next 20 have been written about. And I would like to see and new movies acknwoledge the Expanded Universe. Maybe he would just base it off of the Heir to the Empire series, but again, that wouldent be origonal Though I suspose he would also base it on The New Jedi order series of books.

On a side note, GOD I am soo far behind on those books :(

~Black Deatha

Yes.. GL could do a good job.. Just like he did a good job with Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. :rolleyes:

DJ_Tet

Banned
Hitman said:
Yes.. GL could do a good job.. Just like he did a good job with Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. :rolleyes:

Yeah those two rank upon my two worst movies ever seen. I'd hate to see if he could surpass them.

They weren't that damn bad, in fact, AOTC was pretty damn good in spots.

Flynn

I theorize that Lucas will come up with a new technology that makes these films so fucking bad, that they'll somehow warp the space-time continuum and come out on the other side -- making them decent.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
GET MARK HAMIL BACK ON THE BIG SCREEN!

He's done enough voice over work now.

And if Lucas wants to do it, i hope he bases it on something he hasnt already commissioned a book about, im sick of knowing exactly whats going to happen, i want another "I am your father" moment

AniHawk

Ah, go ahead and make the third trilogy is what I say. GL may not know how to make great films, but they aren't awful, and they're fun to watch in theaters.

And if it isn't Lucas, then it's for the better, right? Right?

madara

It would really be cool to see alot of original cast again regardless of their age. Hopefully it would be based on new ideas as well. The stories I read that take place after jedi are very low key and undramatic compared to middle tale.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
Ah, go ahead and make the third trilogy is what I say. GL may not know how to make great films, but they aren't awful, and they're fun to watch in theaters.

And if it isn't Lucas, then it's for the better, right? Right?

IAWTP

AniHawk, no matter how down I may be you always seem to be a bright golden ray of sunshine in those dark dark clouds. I think I'm going to go cry.

Boogie9IGN

Ghost said:
GET MARK HAMIL BACK ON THE BIG SCREEN!

mhamill_150.jpg

:(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lucas said just a year or two ago that he wanted to explore other non-Star Wars projects after Episode 3. I don't know what this crap is about. And there's still that supposed live-action TV show coming, that's either confirmed or unconfirmed, depending on the report. Plus another animated show I think. This is getting ridiculous.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Prince of Space said:
So I'm browsing CNN Headline news, and I see a blurb that Lucasfilm has had ILM employees sign NDAs for Star Wars VII, VIII, and IX. Just thought I'd pass it along.

CNN read this RUMOR on the Force.Net where it was posted as a RUMOR and CNN reported it as news.

Dead

well not really...yet
the movies may not be top calibur anymore but godamnit I still get that awesome feeling whenever I hear the main titles in the movie theater

DJ_Tet

Banned
DeadStar said:
the movies may not be top calibur anymore but godamnit I still get that awesome feeling whenever I hear the main titles in the movie theater

yep, for us late 20-somethings, it's still magical

give me a space battle, some lightsabers, john williams and I am there opening night for all three.

pnjtony

I dunno. Like 7 months or so before AOTC came out I read his overview of it and for the most part it was dead on right down to a few specific lines of dialogue.

pnjtony said:
I dunno. Like 7 months or so before AOTC came out I read his overview of it and for the most part it was dead on right down to a few specific lines of dialogue.

That's because the script was leaked early on. Other sites such as aldera.net (no longer active) had the script, and were releasing details slowly. Supershadow had a summary up that was COMPLETELY wrong but revised it once the details started coming in.

He's a self-promoting liar. Simple as that.

Seeing that picture of Mark Hamill made me suddenly realise that there's no technical reason why a trilogy couldn't be made about Han Luke and Leia when they're older ... Mark, Carrie and Harrison are a bit wrinkly, but still alive ... For some reason I had always assumed a sequel trilogy couldn't be made for some technical reason along these lines ... bizarre.

I can still sense the Luke within him!

However I think I'd really rather this didn't happen; I already have an empty hole where episodes I and II should be ... In fact I think it's high time there was a proper old-skool Star Wars fans *non-episode-III-spoiling* sequel trilogy commiseration thread, for all of those for whom episodes I and II represent a slap in the face, or a kick on the pants, or both simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom