• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — “Cal’s Mission” Trailer.

Mista

Banned
I saw this yesterday and I’m still hyped although I’m not a Star Wars fan! Noticed there’s a hub and a couple of planets so maybe we have a safe area we can stay at and switch planets

M0G

Haven't been this enthusiastic for something Star Wars related since Disney took control. It's actually made me optimistic again, hopefully I'm not mistaken :)

xool

Boss fight!

This could be the first EA game I've played in a looooonnnng time (since PS2) - not counting DA:I because I hated it bought by mistake

MhP2Ahz.png

Zannegan

I've been pretty down on this game from what we've seen so far, but choosing destinations like in Jedi Academy, even if the missions after that are linear, makes me cautiously optimistic.

Now if I could only convince myself that the fighting is akin to the Jedi Knight games (in terms of flexibility, even with a limited range of inputs) then I might even cross over into hype mode.

pr0cs

Looks pretty good actually. Maybe it's me but the trailers are improving with each release. Seeing I play most games with stories this is up my alley even though the recent movies have made me feel pretty meh about the star wars universe

GreyHorace

I just want a good old fashioned single player Star Wars game. Even if we don't play as a Jedi.

Is that too much to fucking ask? Or is EA going to pull the rug from under us and shove in the microtransactions at the last minute?

Trilobit

This looks still incredibly bland and uninspired. In some scenes it reminded me of a PS2 game in the gameplay area. I'm very disappointed in this.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Is it just me or is the game kind of ugly? I'm sure it'll play great but something about the art design in general is pretty blech, imo.

Phase

This looks still incredibly bland and uninspired. In some scenes it reminded me of a PS2 game in the gameplay area. I'm very disappointed in this.
Agree. They can make it look as good as they want in trailers, but with what we've seen of the gameplay so far it looks pretty boring.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I've never been all in on this, but it IS looking better and better IMO. Curious to see what the final product looks like.

I DO wish there was multiplayer though, something very similar to Jedi Knight.

Damnit, just make a new Jedi Knight already!

Romulus

I don't like the main character at all, and its nothing to do with race. He just seems like a bad fit.

Last edited:
Looks sick as hell. Probably PC footage shown, as it looked silky smooth.

Just waiting for reviews on console performance, length of the game, optional modes.

Looks great.

Elcid

Banned
Looks pretty good, faces look odd though. Honestly though in 2019 I'm shocked we're getting a white male protagonist. Where is the multi-colored, trans, disabled representation? This game lacks diversity.

Romulus

Honestly though in 2019 I'm shocked we're getting a white male protagonist. Where is the multi-colored, trans, disabled representation? This game lacks diversity.

The main character should be a mixed-race character, consistencing of the biggest misrepresented groups, trans, and also disabled. Just a giant stfu sandwich for the SJW.

pr0cs

faces look odd though
I don't get this, if we're basing that on a random screenshot I'm pretty sure you can freeze frame tv and get the same effect of derp face
Personally the facial animation is stylized but acceptable, the voice acting seems exceptional

xool

Who care about white protag talking to boggle eyed ethnic friend - there's a bigger issue here ..

... George Lucas is a furry right ?

Never I have seen an IP with so many times of semi-humanoid fur covered creatures. I find it weird, but I suppose non-offensive.

(take with a grain of /s if triggered)

rofif

Banned
We will never again get a game with cool dudes and cool ladies.
Not saying the game looks bad but I don't have much interest in those characters. maybe I am not the target (30yo)

Top Bottom