• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Squadrons – Official Single Player Trailer | Space Combat | Gamescom 2020

lrt75914

Not really a fan of the color palette. Maybe its just me, but I don't think we need
crazy colors à la Rage 2 in a Star Wars game.

And I really don't like how diverse this game looks. Not because I'm annoyed by
diversity, It makes sense thatthe star wars universe is populated by a diverse
group of people. However, this doesn't feel natural and looks like diversity by
commitee.

Last edited:

Arkam

Game shows promise will be waiting to watch some reviews to see if it lives up to my hopes. Actual video was pretty meh though. That first minute a waste of time and I am sure they thought it was more gripping than it turned out.

Nankatsu

Collectors edition will come with a squadron republic helmet replica, so you can have a bucket to vomit in case of nausea.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole until it's been out for a few months.

The idea of spending money on an EA Star Wars game is horrifying to me.

Something at some point is going to screw us gamers over, I just feel it in my bones man.

Romulus

Wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole until it's been out for a few months.

The idea of spending money on an EA Star Wars game is horrifying to me.

Something at some point is going to screw us gamers over, I just feel it in my bones man.

You're overly paranoid. If a $40 game has good user and critic reviews, theres nothing wrong with a purchase. Especially for us VR gamers. Even a good 4 hour campaign will feel incredible with that technology. Well worth it.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

The supporting characters look attrocious and uninteresting. Even with some of the main characters from the series showing up this looks as generic as it comes. The in flight mode and space battle graphics look excellent, but based on what I saw the single player is a paint by numbers diversity fest that screams some woke agenda.

Chupanibre

I'm glad there's a campaign in this. The original preview led me to believe it was multiplayer only, which wouldn't have been a problem for me. Seems like they put a lot of work into a "budget" title.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm glad there's a campaign in this. The original preview led me to believe it was multiplayer only, which wouldn't have been a problem for me. Seems like they put a lot of work into a "budget" title.
Huh? It's been announced as having a campaign since day one, it's just been clear the focus is the multiplayer and it remains to be seen how good the campaign is. Length isn't so much the issue, just how good and fun and replayable it is given the different objectives and enemies and tactics it may present, so will it be 4 hours of throwaway entertainment like a COD game or something more involving people will enjoy and return to time and time again like the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games (even if it's not nearly as long as those or Freespace 1 & 2)? Hopefully it's the latter.

Last edited:

Chupanibre

Huh? It's been announced as having a campaign since day one, it's just been clear the focus is the multiplayer and it remains to be seen how good the campaign is as a result. Length isn't so much the issue, just how good and fun and replayable it is given the different objectives and enemies and tactics it may present, so will it be 4 hours of throwaway entertainment like a COD game or something more involving people will enjoy and return to time and time again like the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games (even if it's not nearly as long as those)? We'll see, but hopefully it's the latter.
I didn't see the original announcement. Was kind of dealing with a lot of "stuff," so I only got to hear word-of-mouth for a while and I heard multiplayer only. No big deal in the end.

Vaelka

As much as I love the original trilogy, is anyone else getting a bit bored of the exact same ships etc every game?
I am not saying that they shouldn't be there, but I'd like to see some new stuff too.

Top Bottom