• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is the "number one platform for Diablo 4 players", says Xbox president

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Xbox cooking as normal 💪💪💪.

Elizabeth Olsen Cooking GIF by Disney+

Dorfdad

Gold Member
A 9 month old game which has had its players dwindle since then had a bunch of people click to play it when it went into game pass. Who would have thought?!

The real question is how did the numbers compare to 9 months ago and are people buying the $60 microtransactions now?
Shh you’re not supposed to say the quiet part out loud you idiot!!

Well when you don’t have to pay for it and you get the whole game…. whaddya expect? 🤷‍♂️

I’d be playing it right now too if it worked with mouse & keyboard

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Obviously, the whole 'woohoo Xbox #1' stuff regarding Diablo 4 is nonsense. You just launched a less than year old AAA game on your sub service? Yeah, no shit you're going to get a sudden surge of players.

The truth though, in contrast to many of the posts here, is that Diablo 4 was a big piece of shit, but is now in pretty good shape. The new patch is looking really good at clearing up some of the remaining issues with itemisation, and the endgame is stronger than it has been since launch. If you own it and it's sitting in your Steam/Battle.net library, constantly reminding you of the money you wasted, it's a good time to give it another try. It's not as autistically complex as PoE, but it's a lot more polished and user friendly than Last Epoch. I enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Now

Is that because the rest of the gamers on PC, Switch, and PS are busy playing ... good games? /s

Previously

I heard reading is hard, but you've proven it.

You said "Diablo 4 sucks". I shared how Diablo 4 is breaking records for ABK, which means people like it and it's selling gangbusters.

Baaz aaja Heis :messenger_sunglasses:

j28002b.jpg

With apologies to all our Western audiences, this meme is not for you :p

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Good to see people are trying it out. I might give it a go after I finish up FC5 and The Quarry. Most of the bigger games get a big boost on the Xbox most played chart once they hit GP.

Hudo

That particular style of game peaked with Diablo 2. Everything that came after it, like Path of Exile, Last Epoch, Diablo 3 and whatnot is just live-service bullshit added to the formula without really adding anything to it.

I originally had hoped that Blizzard would've been more daring with Diablo 4, making it a third-person hack-and-slay with just one big-ass dungeon (no overworld) with 99+ levels of depth that the community has to clear together or something like that. And the lower you go, the more surreal and hellish it gets. And it should've been a bit more horror focused as the first Diablo was. And players/player parties can kill each other in the dungeon, claiming money and XP.

I suspect this is a combo of Gamepass players on PC and console. Good news anyway and hopefully we started to see more of ABK games coming to GamePass

Markio128

Good for the game pass crew I suppose. I bought the game in a sale, and I still regret my purchase. I found it okay for a few hours, but it soon turned surprisingly tedious. In retrospect, I’m staggered it reviewed as well as it did tbh.

I thought Diablo 3 was much more engaging throughout. Less bloat, with more interesting (and colourful) environments and characters.

mdkirby

Have you played Diablo 4 on Game Pass?
Isn’t this free on gamespass? It reads very much like there are also cherry picking data, ie the time period they are basing this on. Is it most popular of all time on xbox, or most popular NOW, which narrows the time margin to since they made it free on their platform. At which point of course it’s the most popular there, it’s free (or close enough to being free). I guess they need to somehow justify spending 70bn on games to then give them away for a dime on the dollar.

DavidGzz

regardless of the hate the games kinda chill after a dog shit day at work. just chilling on sofa playing it on the Steam Deck.

Yep, and as soon as I can stop sifting through 90% useless items in my inventory with damage on Tuesdays the better. Looking forward to season 4!

Not surprisingly. Most of my friends list are playing it. Most of them dig these games so was expected.

I have also started it. Liking the effectiveness of builds with simplicity. It’s obvious they have worked hard to make it a focused experience while removing all unnecessary fluff.

Not sure how long i will play it but game is very well put together.

Zheph

I will be back for more, its an ideal game for me when I just wanna blast without thinking much... I did all seasons and S2 in particular was good, S4 should be much better

Top Bottom