• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

qEC2kOI.gif
qEC2kOI.gif
qEC2kOI.gif
qEC2kOI.gif
qEC2kOI.gif
qEC2kOI.gif

SamuraiX-

Sorta anticlimactic way to end it but soO had to try, right? TaeJa opened with 3 CCs in every game.

But good lord, Game 1, 2, and 3. Each one was a more ludicrous display of ascended elite TvZ than the last.

Artosis and Apollo casting INno vs HyuN too!?
XE8zOhX.png

Syf

Banned
Bittersweet for me, I like Taeja but it's another Zerg eliminated. Amazing series though. Finally time for Innovation! And if HyuN beats him it'll feel almost as bad as Patience doing it last year :D

or was it duckdeok last year? Idk it was one of the patch tosses

survivor

Banned
Soo played so disappointingly that last game wanted him to make it further.

Now hopefully time for Innovation to just destroy Hyun.

SamuraiX-

INno vs HyuN is difficult to call. INno defeated soO without relatively too much trouble to claim a Code S championship... Hyun lost 3-1 vs Heart in WCS AM semifinals, but also defeated TaeJa 2-1 in the Ro16.

I see this either going 5 games where both players are evenly matched or in the event that one player prepared a little more than the other, 3-0 or 3-1 in a one-sided affair.

INno vs HyuN is difficult to call. INno defeated soO without relatively too much trouble to claim a Code S championship... Hyun lost 3-1 vs Heart in WCS AM semifinals, but also defeated TaeJa 2-1 in the Ro16.

I see this either going 5 games where both players are evenly matched or in the event that one player prepared a little more than the other, 3-0 or 3-1 in a one-sided affair.

That's every possible outcome. Not much of a guess.

SamuraiX-

That's every possible outcome. Not much of a guess.

Matches can go to 4 or 5 games purely because one player or the other is throwing games. It happens a lot.

Ultimately, I would say my money is on INnoVation.

Edit: Well, that was a weird and unexpected first game by INno. lol

SamuraiX-

I don't think I've ever seen a player so bad at trying to close out a game. Literally just throwing Lings and Banelings away. Granted, INno's micro was phenomenal.

HyuN went full foreigner and beyond.

Daante

Just woke up and turned on the computer.

This thing is still going! , yeah yeah! :)

Is Hyun vs Innovation the last game?

Syf

Banned
ezpz

Well I'm happy with the top 8. Would've been nice to have another zerg, but great games today. Super excited for blizzcon.

(yes that was last game)

SamuraiX-

I'm still trying to figure out if INno outclassed HyuN or if HyuN derped because he had to wait 12 hours to play this match.

Regardless, the better player advanced. Bomber vs MMA and TaeJa vs INnoVation in the quarterfinals... all my favorite Terran players. Some sick, SIIIIIIIICCK TvTs next Friday. :O

Today was amazing. I felt like the games were better than the 2013 Global Finals Ro16, but that BlizzCon crowd can make even average to somewhat entertaining games feel like GotY material so the quarterfinals should be beyond amazing.

Lethe82

Banned
If anyone was watching stream tonight, apologies for language, nowhere near my normal mo and not reflective of my views. :| Incredibly frustrated with game and life and was acting childish.

If anyone was watching stream tonight, apologies for language, nowhere near my normal mo and not reflective of my views. :| Incredibly frustrated with game and life and was acting childish.

..................................................................................................

Go on...

Lethe82

Banned
?
I'm not going to repeat anything I said there here, I already apologized to the player. Just if anyone from here was watching I wanted to extend the apology and not hide from it. Like I said, not me or reflective of my views AT ALL. A biproduct of externalizing and projecting extreme frustration at myself.

Syf

Banned
wMXdVJy.png

Tournament continues with quarterfinals today~

Gonna be a great one, especially with Day9 back to casting. Still rooting for INnoVation!

Top Bottom