• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield New Trailer Revealed + Starfield Direct | Xbox Showcase 2023

Can someone please tell me if at the end he had a power to levitate enemies? I looked away but I so want something like that

Edit: I at least found a scene during combat where the player is using his jetpack and shooting and it appears slow mo does happen.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Way too fucking big for my tastes. But if you like massive RPG's, this looks like heaven.

I'd prefer smaller, tighter, more focused. Planets look like they will be barren.

Last edited:
Industry benchmark.

Its like a leap to next era of gaming. I dont think most will have any lives left because theyll immerse themselves in the gaming world instead. Now imagine gta 6 coming out and doing to bigger and better. GOodbye realife.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The game looks massive. Here's hoping they hit the mark with a nice learning curve that doesn't make the game too hard to get into or too long to get into all the features.

The traversal and resource extraction looks almost like a carbon copy of No Man's Sky. Which is okay I guess, because Hello Games are doing it awesomely.

Way too fucking big for my tastes. But if you like massive RPG's, this looks like heaven.

I'd prefer smaller, tighter, more focused. Planets look like they will be barren.
Then no Bethesda RPG would ever be for you...

XesqueVara

61e462db0de0124a51c79bbd7617707bad126e4eacc1c37309db44186fdb2bb0.png

Managed to make it with the 1070ti, day one.

Last edited:
this looks really interesting and fun. i know a lot of people didn't like all the planets in the original mass effect, but i loved going to them all. this looks like it could be great and i hope it is. combat looks like a blast.

Fbh

Looks amazing.
Congrats to Bethesda on this presentation. These are the sort of big new ambitious games I want to see more of instead of remakes and samey sequels with marginally better graphics

Last edited:
ccCIrnV.jpg

If Starfield comes out with a super deluxe version in which you pay 80-90 or whatever dollars to be able to play it -lets say- 5 days early: "PAY TO PLAY EARLY"
I will be proven right.

Is this way MS will circumvent the "the day one promise"

Effectively founding a way to have a paywall to play a game, have a "macro transaction" to get access to the game.
JXdGNtZ.jpg

Positives
- Hella customization
- Pirating and docking other ships!!
- big explosions and ragdoll
- pretty much every gun looked badass
- Worlds look varied
- Space combat looked great
- Can be melee focus
- Stealth options
- Much improved gunfights

My dislikes/concerns
- Enemies still don't look reactive to hits
- Any perks or skills like VATS to vary combat?
- Only human enemies besides wildlife?
- not a fan of enemy lifebars

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Question: Phil said that we will hear definitively about Starfield FPS and the device its footage was captured on. Did they share any info on whether the footage was captured on PC or XSX and what the frame rate options will be?

Top Bottom