• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield New Trailer Revealed + Starfield Direct | Xbox Showcase 2023

gothmog

Gold Member
I watched everything again a second time just to take it in. It all looks great even though you can see the frame rate is a bit rough. I think my long term enjoyment of the game is going to be firmly rooted in how satisfying the combat feels. Hopefully we get some hands on previews soon.

Captn

Huh? There’s a 30 minute video covering the game.

The first video of this thread on the first page literally says OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY TRAILER or am I delusional. Was not talkiing about the direct live one.

Last edited:
Kind of annoyed at there being no intelligent alien species to interact with. I was hoping they'd go full Mass Effect. This is all humans with hints of aliens like The Outer Worlds.

:/
There is nothing more lame than attempting to create 'intelligent' alien species. If Star Trek failed miserably with this, how would Bethesda have any luck? The closest probably anyone came was Orson Scott Card's Formics.

EDMIX

Its the expanse and not mass effect.

Best way to explain this and criminally underrated show lol

If it does have Aliens, I think the did a fucking great job hiding that. Its like, STFU and make the game, leave that huge surprise for gamers to do discover. Not everything needs to be told 100%, day 1, what ever happened to a surprise? Suspense? Its like some gamers want to know everything, even if it actually breaks the experience.

So if it does have Aliens, I'd rather find that out naturally while playing the game so we all can be in for the surprise, as its hard to really, really show that as a massive thing, in a video game, but maybe, just maybe they can pull it off by NEVER talking about it and you get 60 hours in and.....surprise lol

Musilla

H6JRAQV.gif

H6JRoYu.gif
H6JIZL7.gif

feynoob

I watched everything again a second time just to take it in. It all looks great even though you can see the frame rate is a bit rough. I think my long term enjoyment of the game is going to be firmly rooted in how satisfying the combat feels. Hopefully we get some hands on previews soon.
You have two options.
Do full Leroy Jenkins or wait for mods.

I am doing Leroy Jenkins because this game is Skyrim in space. Been waiting for a game like for a long time. Combat is extra.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
A bit too long if you ask me, but everything shown I am here for, including there now being an in-game reason why the cops know what kind of stolen shit you have on you. Only thing I'm not liking is the look of that UI; it is too minimalist and doesn't have much style.

. . .everything else though looks fantastic and I expect the game to come in nuclear hot with all these systems they're bandaiding together (I can't wait for my ship to crash the game).

VAVA Mk2

Starfield is the first game that I've seen that looks like it's delivering something next gen. I was skeptical a few years ago but this really looks like a system seller. Reminds of the early Halo days.
And now Halo is basically dead 😢

.... Anyways I am genuinely excited to get lost in this.

Ozriel

M$FT
A fucking hand held. Are we seriously comparing the sx to the switch? 30 fps is a joke on these consoles : especially first party.

No. I think they’re saying you have the same eyes.

Just think where it was 6 months ago

Certainly looks like they did a whole lot more than just simple bug-fixing in that 6 months, based on the significant visual improvement

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

Honestly a nothingburger to me.

I used to play 30 fps shooters like halo and killzone all the time. Starfield isn't some twitch shooter, so I dont think it's a big deal.

The game doesn't look "next gen" to me, but it does look like it has good lighting, sharp textures, and fantastic art direction which is all that matters to me.

Xbox finally has their killer app they've been waiting for. Took a while and had to buy a studio to do it, but it looks like it's here.

Vitter.

Looked amazing. Just left me wondering if we are going to explore an entire planet on foot?! no ship or vehicles?

Arachnid

There is nothing more lame than attempting to create 'intelligent' alien species. If Star Trek failed miserably with this, how would Bethesda have any luck? The closest probably anyone came was Orson Scott Card's Formics.
???

Are you saying nothing in fiction has good intelligent aliens or am I misinterpreting? Star Trek did fantastic with that. Mass Effect in the video game space absolutely KILLED that,

Is it still coming in hot?

It looked close to complete to me. I'm sure it'll be a bit buggy but nothing like Redfall.
Its going to be buggy it can't help itself its Bethesda

The time in the oven is helping, getting very good vibes from people but haven't had much serious off the record talks yet but heading out to dinner soon and will try to get more solid info that I can share

Its going to be my go to game for many hours though, can not wait for this one

ebevan91

Honestly a nothingburger to me.

I used to play 30 fps shooters like halo and killzone all the time. Starfield isn't some twitch shooter, so I dont think it's a big deal.

The game doesn't look "next gen" to me, but it does look like it has good lighting, sharp textures, and fantastic art direction which is all that matters to me.

Xbox finally has their killer app they've been waiting for. Took a while and had to buy a studio to do it, but it looks like it's here.

I'll be playing on PC so it won't matter to me but even if I was playing on Xbox, I'd still be used to the 30fps since I've played some games on my PS5 (and of course PS4) at 30fps, like Horizon: FW. Performance mode on some games is too blurry for me on my 4K TV.

There’s definite improvement particularly the lighting. The NPC character faces in conversation are still awful tho, some of them look like their eyes and mouths are being moved by extremely thin pieces of string whilst everything else remains stiff. No fluidity there at all.

It’s this kind of jank that played a part in my dislike of Bethesda games in the past . I don’t like the conversation system either, prefer your character to talk.

I love some of the planet locations, give me Mass Effect 1 vibes and the space combat gives me No Mans Sky feeling which I like.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
This looks incredibubble

It wonts be polished enough and too jankies to beats TOTK but holy crud my Series X and Switch OLED are gettings love

NikuNashi

As someone who does not own any xbox products, I can say that this looks very good. If this game had launched with the series X I think the console balance would look differently now. This is a real system seller like Halo was on OG xbox.

Im kindof bummed about not being able to play it as I dont game on PC.

Best way to explain this and criminally underrated show lol

If it does have Aliens, I think the did a fucking great job hiding that. Its like, STFU and make the game, leave that huge surprise for gamers to do discover. Not everything needs to be told 100%, day 1, what ever happened to a surprise? Suspense? Its like some gamers want to know everything, even if it actually breaks the experience.

So if it does have Aliens, I'd rather find that out naturally while playing the game so we all can be in for the surprise, as its hard to really, really show that as a massive thing, in a video game, but maybe, just maybe they can pull it off by NEVER talking about it and you get 60 hours in and.....surprise lol
This would be my dream tbh. If it does have aliens I hope they definitely keep it secret

rolandss

Anyone else a bit disappointed by the violence or should I say lack thereof? Looks like another game where NPCs just rag doll without copping much visible damage (unless I missed something). Still excited though looks great.

Gravemind

Every generation there are a handful of games that define it, and this will be one of those games. Looks incredible.

Feel bad for the stubborn SOBs that will inevitably refuse to play this game. Oh well, sucks to be them!

shooting looks lame as always
it looked like it did in the past trailers... meh. Which is weird when you think about it, Bethesda is now a part of Xbox... Xbox has some experience in shooters, why did they not tap those guys for tips and tricks (dang, that's a throw back) on how to do gunplay?

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So it looks like there's not going to be any intelligent aliens directly in the game. In other words it's not going to be like Mass Effect. It does seem there are alien wildlife though.

However, it looks like you uncover ancient intelligent alien artifacts and that is what the story is about.

So it seems this is going to be more like 2001 for The Expanse than Star Wars or Star Trek.

Top Bottom