• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield takes home the Golden Joystick Award for best Xbox Game of the Year 2023

I think his 25 hours of Starfield time consists of three hours playing the game, 22 hours arguing about it online.

If you think that’s true then I guess I’m not alone

Last edited:

No, you are alone. Most people don’t spend so much time and make so much an effort over something they didn’t enjoy.

I didn’t like the new Liam Neeson movie. That’s about the extent of it. I moved on. You should do the same. But you can’t, because warriors gotta warrior. You’ve already been exposed numerous times in the thread based off past posts. Have some dignity.

Fredrik

These negative people who can’t stop thinking about the game will turn around eventually, always does. Those who’re just not interested move along fast and continue with their lives. Those who hate and keep talking will come back. I know it from experience from always seeing through the hate and enjoying these noisy releases. NMS, Cyberpunk, Starfield. Now I wish I had played Death Stranding too, probably would’ve loved it. And Days Gone. And Redfall, okay that’s too soon I guess.

Ozriel

M$FT

What part of that tracks the average time players spent in-game? You know, addressing the comment you responded to?

Skyrim SE has a dedicated community, tons of mods and expansions. It’s also the better game, all round. None of that translates to the inferior game being ‘bad’ or ‘abysmal’ like you’re trying desperately to push.

Hope this helps.

Starfield being considered the best Xbox game on 2023 says a lot about that platform

True.

Hi-Fi Rush would have been my choice. Heck even Forza Motorsport, which is little more than an iterative sequel with a current-gen face-lift is more worthy than Starfield which I found fun but flawed for the first 30 hours then more and more frustrating and repetitive the more I played it afterwards. Same old Bethesda RPG formula with bad writing, bad animations, bad characters and a weak third-rate sci-fi plot all held together by a dated engine that has far too many loading screens and boring procedurally generated content to fill up 95% of this game's so-called "universe" which I realised was actually very small in terms of hand-crafted content. A very disappointing game which I find hard to return to (on PC) due to the number of bugs, broken quests and overall blandness of the missions. This is not the game I was hoping for and it leaves me deeply concerned for Elder Scrolls 6 which will almost certainly be using this engine too.

Xbox has not had a great year for games for the best part of a decade now and while 2023 at least ended with two okay-good titles in Starfield and Forza Motorsport, Microsoft need to be releasing three or four strong first-party games each year if they hope to turn the Xbox around.. Gamepass is simply not enough and never has been when most of its games are third-party and indie titles that you can play on other systems.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
No, you are alone. Most people don’t spend so much time and make so much an effort over something they didn’t enjoy.

I didn’t like the new Liam Neeson movie. That’s about the extent of it. I moved on. You should do the same. But you can’t, because warriors gotta warrior. You’ve already been exposed numerous times in the thread based off past posts. Have some dignity.
Don't waste your time, this guy is beyond buttheart and obsessed. A sane person would say in the review thread "I don't like this game for this and that reason" and move on.

Ozriel

M$FT
Xbox has not had a great year for games for the best part of a decade now and while 2023 at least ended with two okay-good titles in Starfield and Forza Motorsport, Microsoft need to be releasing three or four strong first-party games each year if they hope to turn the Xbox around.. Gamepass is simply not enough and never has been when most of its games are third-party and indie titles that you can play on other systems.

I know, right? I was playing and enjoying Lies of P on my Series X, then suddenly remembered others could play it on their PS5 and my mood was instantly ruined. Ditto for Wo Long, Atomic Heart and Dead Space Remake.

There are some really strange takes in this thread, I swear.

Dazraell

These negative people who can’t stop thinking about the game will turn around eventually, always does. Those who’re just not interested move along fast and continue with their lives. Those who hate and keep talking will come back. I know it from experience from always seeing through the hate and enjoying these noisy releases. NMS, Cyberpunk, Starfield. Now I wish I had played Death Stranding too, probably would’ve loved it. And Days Gone. And Redfall, okay that’s too soon I guess.
This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think the reception will change to the point that people who were joking about Starfield will be saying things like "oh shit, why no one told me Starfield is a GOTY material game" like they did with Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk was a technical disaster at launch, but all of these things people are enjoying now were always there - good story, memorable characters, impressive dialogue systems, etc. What prevented to properly enjoy them were various technical problems that plagued this game. Starfield isn't a technical mess, quite contrary the narrative said in the press was that it's the most polished Bethesda game up to date

The problem with Starfield is that game has some core problems that Bethesda for some reason or another is very reluctant on improving. And they really won't improve them, so their vision of exploring vast space with weak and unmemorable companions through empty planets and infinite loading screens will always be there. Some of this may be fixed / improved courtesy of good old "modders will fix it" argument, but when it happens we will have another Bethesda game to look for that will just repeat the same core mistakes

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Don't waste your time, this guy is beyond buttheart and obsessed. A sane person would say in the review thread "I don't like this game for this and that reason" and move on.
Facts. If the game was as shit as everyone says it is, this thread wouldn't keep going.

Top Bottom