• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | What aspect of Starfield excites you the most?

T0minator

I'm normally not the kind of guy that gets bitten by things like this, but I sold my dignity like a cheap whore the moment MS announced this, and took a week of PTO.

$35 to jump in 5 days early?
Futurama Buy GIF

I'm not sure how I feel about this, after 4 months paying for GP with the $35 for the early access adds up to more than $99.

Gaawwd I'm not liking the way this industry is headed. I could see by next generation sub services being around $25 a month just to not own the games anymore 👎

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’m so torn on if I want to start off trying to play only in first person, or give third person a shot early. I hope we get another preview before launch that shows more third person gameplay.

It's a zenimax RPG, first person is default for me. I'll need to see how the animations etc are in third person, they haven't exactly been the best in all of their previous games.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, after 4 months paying for GP with the $35 for the early access adds up to more than $99.

Gaawwd I'm not liking the way this industry is headed. I could see by next generation sub services being around $25 a month just to not own the games anymore 👎
Don't sub to the services then, and buy your games a la carte. I'm not trying to be a dick, but nobody is forcing you to use these services.

I’m so torn on if I want to start off trying to play only in first person, or give third person a shot early. I hope we get another preview before launch that shows more third person gameplay.
Admittedly Starfield's character animations look better than anything else BGS has ever done, but these games have always been a 1st person experience for me.

T0minator

Don't sub to the services then, and buy your games a la carte. I'm not trying to be a dick, but nobody is forcing you to use these services.
I'll always buy my games, I'm just not a fan of where it'll eventually go. I'm buying and owning them for as long as I can.

Paying $35 on top of the $17 a month to still not own a game isn't the future I want

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Admittedly Starfield's character animations look better than anything else BGS has ever done, but these games have always been a 1st person experience for me.
I know, I’ve played most of their games. But man, I have this thing that if I can customize my dude, I want to see him.

I was very happy that third person was added to No Man’s Sky, but it is dog shit. The reticle and what is on screen are rarely the same thing. I sure hope that’s not the case with this game.

twilo99

The question is should I spent some rewards points on the the premium edition..

Last edited:

Sybrix

The scale of exploration, the best thing about Bethesda games like Skyrim and Fallout is exploring the world and discovering hidden dungeons, caves, shelters, towns etc.

That type of exploration and discovery on a galactic level is mind blowing and i cannot wait to play.

adamsapple

I wonder if it'll make any difference..

Anyway, 31 days and counting..

any difference for pre-load ?

there might be a patch on launch day but we don't know, they haven't said anything about launch day patches, pre-load a month in advance can be taken as a sign that the reviewers will have access to the game well in advance.

nemiroff

Gold Member
any difference for pre-load ?

there might be a patch on launch day but we don't know, they haven't said anything about launch day patches, pre-load a month in advance can be taken as a sign that the reviewers will have access to the game well in advance.

True. Hmm, there are several signs pointing towards less jank in a w233333333333321111 (my cat just walked on my keyboard, I'll just leave it in..) BGS title this time. I mean, they seem to have had plenty of time and space, more than ever before, to make a well polished title. But we'll see.

Last edited:

Interfectum

I would love to be able to cause interplanetary wars or even build a spaceship that can nuke planets. Probably can't but that would be amazing.

Dolomite

Thinking about the type of world to claim as my "Home planet" once I have a formidable fleet, and good crew, and some credits in the bank

Desert world? Garden planet? Some moon outside of the Free Star collective?

Last edited:

adamsapple

nemiroff

Gold Member
Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

The premise is fantastic, and a more fluid combat is also interesting. Still skeptical that Bethesda will pull it off tough.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I hope so too. I think the games art style has me feeling like it’s a sure thing. It looks like what I want a space adventure game to look like.
Yup, but who knows? That 1000 planets stuff is making me kinda uneasy. Would have rather had 50 but those very unique. Not sure if Bethesda can pull this off with this many planets. Hope hope most of them don‘t end up looking like out of a random generator.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yeah, that kinda blows my mind. They've de-jank-ified themselves beyond my wildest imagination. ..Who would've thunk it.
I wouldn’t go that far, lol. I love BGS games, jank included. I have no doubts the combat isn’t perfect. But anyone going into this RPG wanting smooth Call of Duty combat, needs to have their heads examined.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yup, but who knows? That 1000 planets stuff is making me kinda uneasy. Would have rather had 50 but those very unique. Not sure if Bethesda can pull this off with this many planets. Hope hope most of them don‘t end up looking like out of a random generator.
Each planet will have a reason to land there. Whether for exploring the wildlife, treasure hunting or resource collecting. Once on the ground, we can choose how to spend our time.

The only negative thing I have heard is that some of the ship upgrades are locked behind late main quests. Maybe we can find out sooner than later what those are. I

I'm actually really looking forward to being chill, running cargo, cruising the universe and customising my ship.

Also, has anyone heard if there's any flightstick support?

Last edited:

EDMIX

Any word on if that includes the Steam version?

I'd say what most excites me the most about Starfield is what an established team like Bethesda brings to it, if anyone else told us such a game was being made we'd need to really consider what they are saying.

Not everyone telling you a vehicle has um...."customizable parts" in a trailer is saying something truthful as we've had some pretty funny scammer developers that have made some bold claims that were completely false, but this is a developer that when they say something in a trailer, its not about "lore" its not about what they plan to be DLC in 3 years, its literally about the very thing they are creating and a certain level of trust exist behind what they are saying.

So even what they've confirmed about factions sounds wild as we can simply consider this team has a history of doing that really well with Elder Scrolls. So its about what they've proven they've done in the past, that we can better understand what they are marketing currently and with Id Software working with them, the combat will be solid.

I'm also hype about the Parent Trait as I'll select that to give my parents some of my income lol
This type of deep RPG stuff is why I love this team and feel solid about a day 1 purchase.

starfield-traits-best-menu.jpg

unnamed_c081f7e6-3a00-499e-9988-2ff7e91ab04b.jpg

Starfield-Neon-Street-Rat-Trait.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd say what most excites me the most about Starfield is what an established team like Bethesda brings to it, if anyone else told us such a game was being made we'd need to really consider what they are saying.

Not everyone telling you a vehicle has um...."customizable parts" in a trailer is saying something truthful as we've had some pretty funny scammer developers that have made some bold claims that were completely false, but this is a developer that when they say something in a trailer, its not about "lore" its not about what they plan to be DLC in 3 years, its literally about the very thing they are creating and a certain level of trust exist behind what they are saying.

So even what they've confirmed about factions sounds wild as we can simply consider this team has a history of doing that really well with Elder Scrolls. So its about what they've proven they've done in the past, that we can better understand what they are marketing currently and with Id Software working with them, the combat will be solid.

I'm also hype about the Parent Trait as I'll select that to give my parents some of my income lol
This type of deep RPG stuff is why I love this team and feel solid about a day 1 purchase.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oooh, I can have an in-game mortgage now too!

Last edited:

Bungie

I'll always buy my games, I'm just not a fan of where it'll eventually go. I'm buying and owning them for as long as I can.

Paying $35 on top of the $17 a month to still not own a game isn't the future I want
This comes down to having more choices for gamers & buying a game will always be a choice. You made the choice to sub & pay $35 for early access instead of spending like $100 for it out right.

Ozriel

M$FT

It will never eventually go all subscription. Games still have to be sold in stores and on Steam.

It’s also weird to frame GP as a sub for just a single game. It’s a library of games available, and that same sub will give you day one access to Forza Motorsport, Lies of P, Persona 5 Tactica , Jusant, Payday 3, Cities Skylines 2 etc

If you only want to play Starfield, then buying is the more sensible option.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree! Flawed character are the best characters. So much role play possibility.

Top Bottom