• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield will be announced for PS5 with a release between November and December 2024. The 2025 plan is even bigger, featuring well-establis

Bernoulli

M2 slut
a rumor but he seems reliable, GOT on february 27th before anyone else

lV3lYXs.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Xbox players were beta testers for their games. So, PS5 is the best place to play games.
eh i played at launch on PC and despite some performance issues in big cities, the game is by far the most polished bethesda game ive played. No crashes, no stuttering, and an overall polished experience i typically only see in Sony first party games.

In fact, it was far more polished than most other PC ports i played last year including Hogwarts, RE4, Star Wars, Robocop, TLOU2 and Forza. Only AW2 and Avatar were more polished, and AW2 had its own performance issues in certain areas.

The game's issues are with the design and that cant be fixed. It is what it is and will remain that way until Starfield 2. PS5 gamers will play the same exact game.

Last edited:
Well, we'll see what happens in the future... but if Starfield comes out, it would already be clear that everything will come out on PS5.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

I already play it on PC but the more people the better exposure it will get to actually reverse the ship and show the potential of this game. One can hope at least.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I don't like Starfield but my anecdote doesn't matter here. Rather, as a principle hater of the idea of "exclusivity" I'm glad to see Xbox committing to their general course correction. Good times.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

None of these ports are going to do particularly well or change the paradigm for Microsft. Is PS gamers wanted these games, we would've bought and Xbox before Microsoft cut the teeth out of their own console and started porting to PC.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Isn't the writing pretty much already on the wall with this one? It was nowhere near the huge Game Pass boost they needed it to be. They were sold the promise of a game that would keep single player gamers engaged for months, even years.

Remember the quote from Spencer about how they thought they would sell 10m copies of Starfield if they put it on Playstation?

BlackTron

None of these ports are going to do particularly well or change the paradigm for Microsft. Is PS gamers wanted these games, we would've bought and Xbox before Microsoft cut the teeth out of their own console and started porting to PC.

Maybe if the games were wanted bad enough. I'm sure you own some PS4/5 games that you would not have purchased the entire system for.

Comandr

The thing people often fail to realize when it comes to games and exclusivity.. If someone says "Okay, Starfield will be exclusive to Xbox and won't be coming to any other platforms." Well, "Starfield" is exclusive. "Starfield: Special Edition" is a different title. When game companies refer to a game, they usually say a given title. So yeah. Starfield, Indiana Jones, all of those may be exclusive titles, because the deluxe, goty, etc editions haven't been announced yet. Those will be multiplatform. "Final Fantasy VII Remake" was completely exclusive to PS4. It never came to any other platforms. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade on the other hand was a different title, and released on other platforms. It's a fun little loophole.

Topher

Gold Member
Well, he got GoT right at least.

Is that the rumor from the other day saying GoT 2 would be announced this year? That hasn't been confirmed yet has it? Or was there something else?

Sorry.....I'm a bit distrustful of leakers these days.

killatopak

Is that the rumor from the other day saying GoT 2 would be announced this year? That hasn't been confirmed yet has it? Or was there something else?

Sorry.....I'm a bit distrustful of leakers these days.
It’s a more recent one and even predicted the announcement date. He was off by one day but it’s negligible.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
A great game (admittedly with flaws) that can then be enjoyed by many more. Source - I’ve played it to completion.

If it happens of course.

I enjoyed it quite a bit even with all the flaws, and yeah, there are a lot of flaws. If I were to review it then I'd probably put it around 7.5 or 8.0.

It's 1000% coming to PS5. But who is gonna play it? 🤔

I Got It Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Yeah, I'll double dip and get the platinum for sure.

killatopak

It's 1000% coming to PS5. But who is gonna play it? 🤔
I’m sure there would be buyers especially Bethesda fans. The only difference is it wouldn’t be the same if it was released on the same day as PC and Xbox. The Playstations buyers know exactly what they’re getting.

There’s also room for the expansions and survival mode updates to at least make the experience a bit better.

Top Bottom