• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stasis - Gorgeous Atmospheric 2D Isometric SciFi Horror Adventure Game Kickstarter

Corto

AtEC3WQ.png

Kickstarter link

Download Alpha Demo

Steam Greenlight Page

What is Stasis?

Stasis is a 2D isometric, point-and-click adventure game for PC Windows, set in the distant future on a desolate spacecraft. John Maracheck must interact and solve puzzles to save his family, while uncovering horrific experimentation, illicit research and an ever deepening mystery.

Recently there has been an exciting resurgence of the point-and-click adventure genre. Standing on the shoulders of greatness, Stasis follows the game-play mechanics of classics like Space Quest, Kings Quest, the Monkey Island series, The Dig and Day of the Tentacle.

The critically acclaimed, Sanitarium - a psychological horror adventure game - used a similar graphical setup to Stasis. Stasis follows this unique visual aspect to bring the terrifying tale to life.

Stasis EXISTS and is playable. Several chapters have been fully completed, remaining areas have been technically planned and large portions of graphics have been created. Experience Stasis foryourself, by clicking here to download the Alpha.

Stasis hopes to reinvigorate the mature isometric adventure gaming genre by combining an exciting sci-fi, horror story and awesome graphics with classic game-play.

DieH@rd

Banned
So this game finally managed to get to Kickstarter? Neat.

Looks awesome, but $19 is too much for me now. Will watch to see how the campaign unfolds.

SOME-MIST

wtf. I thought it had been in development for years and was almost done? I'm curious why they waited so long to crowd fund it?

still... I'll probably support it as it's been one of my most anticipated point and click adventures outside of broken age.

wtf. I thought it had been in development for years and was almost done? I'm curious why they waited so long to crowd fund it?

still... I'll probably support it as it's been one of my most anticipated point and click adventures outside of broken age.

I wanted to make sure that STASIS was a solid concept, and a working idea before I asked money for it!

SOME-MIST

I wanted to make sure that STASIS was a solid concept, and a working idea before I asked money for it!
well that's fair enough. The artstyle/screenshots alone had me hooked. After reading about it on the 2012 GAF P+C Adventure thread, I used to literally spam the website for updates on release information.

I'll definitely be trying the demo when I get home.

Top Bottom