• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Status Quo Backbone Album; Rocking well into your 70s

crobb991

Banned
hey guys,

i know quite a lot of you would never have heard of the Mighty Quo but ive been listening to their new album pretty consistently since it realised in September. Have any of you else listened to it yet?

heres my track to track breakdown,

1) Waiting on a Woman.

Pretty weak opening but a solid track with a nice melody to it. Would have put this in the middle of the running order myself as the album opens quite softly with it. 7 out of 10.

2) Cut me some slack.

this is much better. strong guitars strong vocals. this track is clearly meant to be for fans that think the quo the should have ended when Ric died. A lot of passion and anger in this song. I love it 10 out of 10.

3) Liberty Lane.

another strong track with a catchy wee chorus. good choice as a first single. been humming this since it realised in August. 8 out of 10.

4) see youre in some trouble.

another catchy wee number with a good wee sound to it. top of my play list at the moment as it just makes me happy listening to it. 10 out of 10.

5) Backing Off.

not my favourite track on the album but still strong. good sound with good guitars and vocals from a man in his 70s lol. 6 out of 10.

6) i wanna run away with you

another solid track with some good vocals from the bassist. very catchy. 8 out of 10.

7) backbone.

title track of the album. not the best but was a catchy tune for some radio air play. 7 out of ten.

8) better take care.

another good wee toe tapping track. could listen to this one all day if it wasnt for the bassist coming in for vocals half way through lol. 7 out of 10.

9) Falling of the world.

another good wee number. not my favourite but not worth skipping. 7 out of 10

10) get out of my head.

album should have ended with this track. show cases the new members writing and guitar skills. 8 out of 10.

11) Running out of Time.

weakest track of the album with some bs about saving the planet. not what id expect from this band thank you very much. 4 out of 10.

all in all i very good album let down by one or two weak tracks... id recommend it guys

cheers.

GV82

My dad is a massive fan, I like some of their stuff, not heard the latest stuff since Parfitt Died, maybe i’ll Check it out, normally always get my dad their CDs, probably for Christmas again as usual

Last edited:
Top Bottom