• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking UPlay you piece of shit.

b4ab456828.jpg

That's less Uplay and more ubisoft just being stupid and tying everything to registry keys.

PriitV

I've learned to love uPlay with Black Flag :) It's great and I cheer for Ubisoft selling steam keys for their games on Amazon.

Grief.exe

Ubisoft has told Eurogamer that new game Far Cry: The Wild Expedition is a collection of Far Cry games.

Which games? Far Cry 1, 2, 3 and Blood Dragon, apparently. And all at a knocked-down price (the trade price is lower, but what shops will settle on we'll have to wait and see).

Wild Expedition is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on 14th February - known to some as Valentine's Day.

This worries me since the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 don't have Uplay integration, I'm wondering if they are going to remove those subs from the store and put up this one.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This worries me since the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 don't have Uplay integration, I'm wondering if they are going to remove those subs from the store and put up this one.

I'll take Uplay integration if it means they actually go make Far Cry 1 a game worth playing and not a total piece of shit.

Dr Dogg

I got the feeling Ubi being Ubi there will be about 3 or 4 different versions of this on the pc. One retail that redeems only on Uplay, a Uplay exclusive version with some jazzy dlc extras, an Origin version that uses a combination of older disc based versions and Uplay tied ones and finally a Steam version just bundling up all the apps in to one sub. And they all patch differently.

I'd expect nothing less from the most backward and complicated company in the industry.

MRORANGE

Assume the Steam thread is going exactly as it is.

It's just 90% of the type of discussion that goes on in those threads that is mirrored for the PC shows up here so I gave it as an example.

Like the basic vision is if DmC is on $5 sale and someone asks "Is this good?", you guys have dropped a few posts saying if you thought yes or no.

On the other hand, once people buy the game if they want to talk at length they go to the DmC thread or start an LTTP thread.

We want all the platforms like this to be springboards instead of all encompassing megathreads like platform specific threads that are forums inside forums.

When we have the Vita or Xbox One megathreads that doesn't always happen. If it's a broader scope thread people feel the thread is faster and self regulate discussion breakout better.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Jawmuncher

I'll take Uplay integration if it means they actually go make Far Cry 1 a game worth playing and not a total piece of shit.

The biggest problem with 1 was the AI.
They were just to good with their accuracy and the mutants were a pain in the ass.
The world was beautiful though. Still need to play 3. Gave up on ever bothering with 2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They were just to good with their accuracy and the mutants were a pain in the ass.
The world was beautiful though. Still need to play 3. Gave up on ever bothering with 2.

They should just remake 1 in the 3 engine/framework. The only work they have left is mutant models and AI.

Momentary

Banned
That doesn't include anything you didn't buy from the steam store, right? So no bundles, no amazon, no gmg,gog etc, no retail, no gifts.

Highly inaccurate.

With everything from bundles, amazon, gmg, gog, added into my steam total it's $4.17

I was a few cents off. My bad.

Backlogger

I'm really liking 3, but 2 is still my favorite for some reason. Haven't played 1 yet.

They should just remake 1 in the 3 engine/framework. The only work they have left is mutant models and AI.

That would be awesome.

Jawmuncher

Definitely wouldn't mind that at all.
Hell they could get away with another Blood Dragon type deal. Simple remake sold at 15.
Would probably still sell a shit load. Actually the Far Cry console versions never made it to PC I don't think. Mainly the 360 game. They could get away with just throwing that up since I heard it was pretty good and basically a remake of the first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alien trailer is awesome and we are all going to be crushed in a few months when its revealed that only the first 20mins are a horror game, the rest is a FPS arent we? :(

What if....it's the top ten selling titles on the Humble Store.

edit: if the bestsellers list is in order then that would actually be fairly disappointing for me :[

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alien trailer is awesome and we are all going to be crushed in a few months when its revealed that only the first 20mins are a horror game, the rest is a FPS arent we? :(

The first 20mins will be a horror game and then it'll suddenly transmogrify into an Alien remake written/directed by Alfonso Cuaron and starring Saoirse Ronan as Ripley.

Edit: I hope Far Cry: Wild Blahblah is a separate app.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what if

humble bundle x

is all new games

what if HiB X is all X-Men related games?

X-Men Konami Arcade Game
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2

BTA

Wolverine Origins
X-Men vs Street Fighter
X-Men Children Of The Atom

EMrknJP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom