• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck OLED Announced: Coming November 16

bender

What time is it?
Nah.....didn't sell it. Just closed the thread. It automatically marks it sold either way. I still highly recommended the Rog Ally though. I'm holding on to it for the time being as prices are just not very good for second hand units.

Here is my post in the OLED thread....

The thing that I do worry about with Steam Deck OLED is the power delta. The trade off is battery life, but I'm playing games at really decent frame rates on the Ally. I may just decide to stick with it.
It's still for sale..

bender-futurama.gif

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

It's still for sale..

I would consider a buy if I was on the same continent. But man, I really recommend you hold on to that Ally until you've tried SDOLED for some days. You can always return a Deck within return policy and get all your money back. Would be a shame if you sold that Ally and later on preferred its form factor.

MacReady13

Just ordered mine here in Australia yesterday and it's not shipping until Jan 2024... Was going to get my brother to get me one from the States next year but he is going Feb 2024 so I'd rather have it a month or 2 earlier!

Minsc

Gold Member
Deck keeps giving, looks like the next big game, Persona 5 Tactica got a 5-star rating from SteamDeckHQ, and it probably looks incredible on the OLED with that comic book style art, just like P5R.

Sure, not everything runs, but it's still great to see so many games run at 60fps around 10W on the Deck, and probably even 90fps on the OLED version too.

graywolf323

Yeah, I signed up as well. Definitely a better deal than pay 13% to ebay ffs
should be noted that eBay’s fees including payment processing

Swappa’s does not, you gotta factor in PayPal’s fees on top of Swappa’s to get the true amount in fees

graywolf323

Right. 3% selling fee on Swappa. 3% payment fee with PayPal. Get more money if you do as Sleepwalker Sleepwalker said and sell on Facebook.
yeah, though Swappa keeps it down a bit because they charge the buyer a 3% fee as well (which I find means there’s less people willing to buy on Swappa honestly because they will factor that 3% fee into what they’re paying so you might find it hard to sell for the same price on Swappa as you can elsewhere)

mind you I think eBay charging so much is also ridiculous, they massively hiked their fees after they dropped PayPal as how sellers were paid out

Topher

Gold Member
yeah, though Swappa keeps it down a bit because they charge the buyer a 3% fee as well (which I find means there’s less people willing to buy on Swappa honestly because they will factor that 3% fee into what they’re paying so you might find it hard to sell for the same price on Swappa as you can elsewhere)

mind you I think eBay charging so much is also ridiculous, they massively hiked their fees after they dropped PayPal as how sellers were paid out

That's what I'm thinking as well. Not sure what the incentive is to buy on swappa, frankly. I wouldn't want to pay a 3% fee. I'll give it a shot though and go back to ebay if I have to.

Don't think I want to meet up with some rando on Facebook to sell this thing.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

That's what I'm thinking as well. Not sure what the incentive is to buy on swappa, frankly. I wouldn't want to pay a 3% fee. I'll give it a shot though and go back to ebay if I have to.

Don't think I want to meet up with some rando on Facebook to sell this thing.
Yeah, thinking about listing my Deck on eBay since Swappa looks a bit thin in buyer numbers and there is no way I am dealing with Facebook marketplace.

Then I am thinking that I will get like $250 after all the fees for my 512GB deck and not sure if I want to bother.

Bry0

Yeah, thinking about listing my Deck on eBay since Swappa looks a bit thin in buyer numbers and there is no way I am dealing with Facebook marketplace.

Then I am thinking that I will get like $250 after all the fees for my 512GB deck and not sure if I want to bother.
Same, I am almost considering keeping it, the prices are so low. I have a spare ultra wide setup that I could dock it in since I recently sold a MacBook and returned the laptop I intended to replace it with. I feel like I could get more value out of it docked there than the ~250-275 selling it on eBay.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Same, I am almost considering keeping it, the prices are so low. I have a spare ultra wide setup that I could dock it in since I recently sold a MacBook and returned the laptop I intended to replace it with. I feel like I could get more value out of it docked there than the ~250-275 selling it on eBay.
Yep, and I can load up bunch of kids friendly stuff and give it to my kids in addition to their Switch. Will probably just do that.

Fredrik

Yep, and I can load up bunch of kids friendly stuff and give it to my kids in addition to their Switch. Will probably just do that.
Yeah that’s what I’m going to do as well. I bought a dock and I have a bunch of controllers so it’ll be like a PC Switch.

Is it possible to have some family Steam accounts that can access my stuff or do I need to start new Steam accounts for the kids? Don’t want them to mess up my playtime counters

Sleepwalker

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do as well. I bought a dock and I have a bunch of controllers so it’ll be like a PC Switch.

Is it possible to have some family Steam accounts that can access my stuff or do I need to start new Steam accounts for the kids? Don’t want them to mess up my playtime counters
You can share your steam library yeah, but it cant be used at the same time as you are.

StereoVsn

Oh, that’s a good question. I “assume” it would be good to have separate accounts and I guess then you just do game sharing? Never actually tried with Steam, lol.

Top Bottom