• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam is deleting negative reviews for Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update: Users have been lying as SteamDeb shows there were never 7000 negative reviews.

Negative Reviews for Suicide Squad: Kill The jUstice League are being deleted from Steam,

Albeit it's unknown if it's Rocksteady own doing or if it's a Steam system being triggered and automatically deleting the reviews.

YQ7FzFy.png

dB6fkvM.png

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Well, that ain’t good. WTF is happening here? Doubt Valve is doing this unless some algorithm got triggered.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I saw someone explain why this isn't true somewhere ... just don't care enough to go find it. lol

ManaByte

Gold Member
I saw someone explain why this isn't true somewhere ... just don't care enough to go find it. lol
It’s in the OT. You can’t request reviews to be deleted.

What's funny is that in my experience with Steam as a dev, you can't just "delete reviews", especially manually. But you can flag them for removal if they violate any rules. But that's done through Steam's admin team and not the devs. If they don't violate any rules, they won't be deleted. If it was that easy we'd see a lot of deleted reviews on Steam, lol.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Draugoth Draugoth another thread without context or further research...

As a few users have already explained, you can't delete Steam reviews just like that. It literally took me 15 seconds to see it, the second post on what you linked explains that.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bro Draugoth Draugoth I (and I'm sure most others) appreciate your work in keeping this forum alive (almost singlehandedly), but can we dial back on the blatant bullshit?

internet explain GIF
Click on the link in the OP. It’s not leading to any website article, it’s linking to a thread on the Steam forums where the first reply debunks it.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Draugoth Draugoth another thread without context or further research...

As a few users have already explained, you can't delete Steam reviews just like that. It literally took me 15 seconds to see it, the second post on what you linked explains that.

Click on the link in the OP. It’s not leading to any website article, it’s linking to a thread on the Steam forums where the first reply debunks it.

Thanks for the headsup, i will ask mods to lock this

nemiroff

Gold Member
The evidence is..three, THREE, 3 people posting anecdotally at Steam.

It's a Draugoth thread alright. What the FUCK happened to standards, you keep vomiting low hanging fruit all over gaf.

Last edited:

SCB3

Why is this game being attacked or badmouthed so hard? Like I get that yea we all wanted a new Batman Arrkham game but instead we got a 7/10 lite RPG live service game, it waws a fine weekend game for me, nothing more, nothing less

But people are going nuts about it

StueyDuck

Steam has only ever done this if it's an obvious review bomb?

Do we have any proof of malice? Reasonable reviews that were deleted?

winjer

Gold Member
Devs can't delete user reviews on Steam.
That is why quite a few take a lot of work engaging with people who posted negative reviews, to try to flip them.
It can be something as simple as troubleshooting some bugs. Or getting feedback and improving the game. Etc.

Mowcno

It's weird reading the steam reviews and seeing how many of the positive reviews say it's not worth $70 or you should wait for a sale. But they still rate it positive.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Why is this game being attacked or badmouthed so hard? Like I get that yea we all wanted a new Batman Arrkham game but instead we got a 7/10 lite RPG live service game, it waws a fine weekend game for me, nothing more, nothing less

But people are going nuts about it

People want anouther high profile failure from GaaS so that other AAA studios see that is could ruin them and instead refocus on making a good game that's fun to play vs a unfinished by design grindfest that's designed to drive "engagement" metrics and fake currency sales. The thing is despite the steam review score its happening, the steam playerbase is very low for a AAA release. Its launched into the bottom half of the xbox most played at 34th out of 50... that's lower than exoprimal landed at on its launch.

I mean recent failures had Sony rethink their strategy with GaaS and they where going all in originally. Suicide Squad dying and potentially taking the studio with them would be a solid nail in the coffin for the "agile" game development fad. The message would be clear "you can't just make a minimum viable product with the promise of more content and expect players to buy into it anymore"

Last edited:

Slimboy Fat

They deleted my review which featured a highly intricate fanfiction involving myself, Harley Quinn and a box of Nutella

Ehh who cares about bad reviews. Delete all they want . We already hit em where it hurts by not spending money on the game. Double whammy when you consider how big Hogwarts Legacy opening week was. The message has been sent. Its up to WB to listen.

I know, I was agreeing with you. But I can see my lack of punctuation probably made it confusing. My bad

ManaByte

Gold Member

People so mad that others like a game they don't want to play that they're making up total bullshit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There were never 7000 reviews. Yesterday morning there were only about 1700ish and then in the evening around 2300. Current reviews are at 2561.

People really need a timeout. First Palworld and now this. Sad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom