• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide : Squad; Kill The Justice League | Review Thread

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Resetera are wetting their knickers gushing over this game, tells you all you need to know. Avoid like the fucking plague
In the concurrent player thread over there they are calling it out same way as on here.

Pretty sure they hate it just as much. OT is filled with people playing and enjoying it.

MiguelItUp

Are all the fights, out door? Are there no indoor kind of dungeons?
There are indoor areas, but no fights take place in them. Weak, yeah, but it makes sense since the traversal is a big part of the game.

It’s clearly been through development hell. I imagine they’ve made two or three versions of the game and then had to change it.
Yeah, honestly, it's pretty clear there have been issues. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of internal disagreements and issues. It's very likely why people abandoned ship. WB forced their hand and forced those that opposed to leave.

Era is not glazing the game from what I've seen.
Yeah, I'm sure they're not. I'm sure it's people assuming because of the "woke" content that upsets them. I haven't seen many people talking the game up like that at all.

Last edited:

Fake

Ice Cube Movie GIF

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's pretty chaotic but there's some fun to be had. I'm enjoying it a little more than I thought I would. It's like a busier Marvel's Avengers with higher polish but less interesting characters. Reminds me of a combination of The Division, Left 4 Dead and Marvel's Avengers

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
62 after 29 reviews. There will be more reviews. Maybe it tops out around 40 or so after more sites do their review. So it'll end up being somewhere between 60-65. The remaining reviews likely wont budge the number much.

Mooreberg

There's no real need to.
Thanks for the reply. But there must be a need, when mentions having to restart a mission in order to have the proper gear for a particular encounter. It's a looter shooter. Having played two Destiny games (though ducking out way earlier than most), two Division games, and some of Outriders, it seems kinda batshit, no pun intended.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thanks for the reply. But there must be a need, when mentions having to restart a mission in order to have the proper gear for a particular encounter.
There's no need, it's not like other looters where gear becomes obsolete as you level up, it scales with you; I haven't had to restart a mission to change gear in all the 20 hours I've played, I've been using the same smg for harley for over half the game.

Fake

So does this mean Persona 3 Reload did bad as well?

I'm personally waiting for the Switch 2 version of many of these games. I bet ATLUS can't wait to put this on another platform that will actually buy it

IDK, was Guardians of Galaxy underperfomace?

We take that numbers from GoG, cut in half and we gonna get Suicide Squad. Anyone got the numbers from Persona 3R?

And at least japanese games do really well in Japan, unlike those superheroes that got good most in UK and USA, so if they fail in USA/UK, they fail as well in the rest of the world.

MiguelItUp

6/10 for Eurogamer.

They are nice
Honestly from my experience (and my own opinion) if I were to "throw a number on it", it'd probably be a 6 or 7. I think that sounds about. Not god awful, and not the most amazing thing in the world.

Last edited:

Mooreberg

There's no need, it's not like other looters where gear becomes obsolete as you level up, it scales with you; I haven't had to restart a mission to change gear in all the 20 hours I've played, I've been using the same smg for harley for over half the game.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I wonder why Gmanlives ran into that issue.

Skill Up review was interesting, especially given he was more positive than most pre-release. The whole thing seems the the bones of a good game with elements grafted onto it from a developer who shouldn't have been tasked with making this particular sort of game in the first place.

Denton

The lack of unique interiors and mission design, where vast majority of the game is just generic filler trash, is ridiculously disappointing. It's really as if completely different team made it (which might have been the case for all I know).

MiguelItUp

5/10 from TheGamer

lmao at early adopters who tried to hype it up during early access
There really weren't many, here at least. Unless you count, "I'm having fun with it" or "I'm surprised I like it" or "it's better than I thought it'd be" as hyping it up.

Nonehxc

Let’s see who warner bros was able to pay off
Spanish biggest/middle media, for sure. Always the usual suspects for suspiciously high scores from big publishers. Guess my fellow countrymen REALLY NEED those advert euros and connections/free shit.

*Checks scores* Yep, like clockwork, Vandal and HobbyConsolas are there sucking to The Man. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

5/10 on Gamespot

Game is a massive turd and will be forgotten in two weeks, don’t waste your money pals
Or you know, just check it out when it's cheaper if you're that curious as some people have found interest in it.

I'm kind of sad this game sucks. They did a really good job with the animation in the cinematics and the voice acting was top notch. But I guess in the end, it's a game, and if the game is not fun, then it should die.

Mossybrew

At this point I doubt I'll even pick it up on sale. The fact that basically the entire game is just a handful of mission types copy-pasted forever just erased the very small interest I had.

Was also thinking of picking it up on deep sale but the gameplay loop looks so shit and uninspired, the homogeneous combat gameplay between the characters due to it being a 3rd person shooter first and foremost and the fucking worst boss fights in a Rocksteady game even though you are fighting literal demigods make this game a hard pass for me now that I've seen enough.
Rocksteady really had the balls to call this a Batman Arkham game at its core.

Don't know how they will recover from this, or even if they should? All or most of the former devs who made the genius Arkham trilogy are gone so it won't be a big loss I guess.

Flabagast

4/10 by the Guardian

4/10 by Metro

Metacritic has dropped below 60 (currently at 59)

I dont think Rocksteady will survive this, not in its current form anyway

Freeman76

4/10 by the Guardian

4/10 by Metro

Sadly steam/xbox reviews are really positive. Not that I hope RS lose their jobs but someone needs to fall on their sword....the shit thing is the greedy cunts at the top make these decisions then the minions who take their orders lose their jobs

Fake

4/10 by the Guardian

4/10 by Metro

Are those scores gonna end up in Metacritic?

If so, the metascore will get hit hard.

bender

What time is it?
Lmao did these useless cunts really come in nearly 10 points below Gotham Knights 😂 WB sucks ass, way to ruin a top tier dev.

My buddy forced me to play Gotham Knights and it's hard to imagine a game from Rocksteady could be worse than that one was mechanically. I kind of want to try it out now.

I can't wait for when the full story about what happened at Rocksteady comes out.

The studio that made the Arkham games doesn't exist today. The studio currently called Rocksteady is a shitfest of talentless hacks who murdered their studio's legacy.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Are those scores gonna end up in Metacritic?

If so, the metascore will get hit hard.

Both these review are listed on Metacritic.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Lmao did these useless cunts really come in nearly 10 points below Gotham Knights 😂 WB sucks ass, way to ruin a top tier dev.
Which is wild because the performance issues for that game still exist to this day, right? It also was originally planned as GaaS and you can tell from the 8 different currencies it had, but then you have an insane amount all game to not have issues buying gear.

I had two other buddies who played both and we all agree it was better than GK.

A third one did say he preferred GK but only slightly.

While the game never felt like it overstayed its welcome in the time I spent with it, like I mentioned before, the end game drags this experience down significantly.

If they continue with the seasonal dlc plan for a year they have to inject a massive amount of variety and bosses to keep it fresh if even for just 2-3 weeks each season like other games do. PoE new league is fun for about 1-3 weeks and after week one the player base nose dives. Just the nature of these things.

On deep sale or if it goes gamepass, it’s a fun romp, but currently no reason exists to do the end game for more than a hour or two.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
The reviews for this actually spurred me to finally try Gotham Knights... which is also very bad, lol. But at least there's some fun to be had with it.

I never would've guessed that Gotham Knights would end up with significantly better reviews than Suicide Squad, but here we are.

Will be fun in the next year or so - about the time this game goes f2p - when the majority of the people in this thread actually, y'know, play the game and discover it's a good/great looter shooter. If you claim you like Crackdown, and you are hating on this game without playing....well, you should save your hate for something more worthwhile and play this game at some point when it's on PS plus or Gamepass whatever. Putting this anywhere in the neighborhood of Gotham Knights/Avengers based on nothing else but a Metacritic score is fucking mental.

The traversal in this game is literally as good as it gets - like I can't believe how much fun it is to zip around the sky and off the side of buildings in this city. Like most games, it won't be for everybody, but a lot of people who would potentially enjoy this are currently missing out for really dumb reasons.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Which is wild because the performance issues for that game still exist to this day, right?
Gotham knights was fixed within 2 weeks, and was continually updated, including 2 insane performance boosting updates so it runs beautifully.

Top Bottom