• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quickly going through my backlog.

Games I've finished since the end of STEAM summer sale:

Mirror's Edge
FEZ
Rogue Legacy
Mark of the Ninja
Outlast
Marlow Briggs

I'm gonna play through Portal 2 next.

Rest of my Backlog:

Bastion
Battleblock Theatre
Borderlands 2
Castle Crashers
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Guacamelee
Ittle Dew
Risk of Rain
Skulls of the Shogun
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Thomas Was Alone
Toki Tori 2+
Tomb Raider
South Park Stick of Truth
Wizardry 8

tl;dr: TOO MANY GAMES

Steam said:
Hi Everyone,

We're beginning a new Steam Client Beta today.

The first change is fixing the display of Korean text.

Note: I just "pushed the button" on this so it might take 10 minutes or so to become fully active.
Latest beta update.

Lomax

I'm sure the decrease in Amazon deals has much more to do with them realizing they were just throwing away money chasing a market they would never have a large chunk of, and moving that focus to mobile (where there have been tons of deals in recent months).

That and so many of the great bundle deals we all remember from the peak of Tony were from THQ who were about to die and from Square-Enix who never seem to understand the PC market and were probably easily manipulated (and they still slash and burn their prices pretty regularly as we all know). Also, the Humble Weekly bundle didn't really exist then and has changed the marketplace quite a bit by introducing bundle deals from major publishers.

Plus, it never makes any sense to target the bargain hunters like CAG and Reddit, they aren't loyal, aren't ever happy with any deal that isn't the best ever, and don't actually spend a lot of money compared to people who buy games at release.

Ozium

Poor ACE Team Dev. Says they based their characters from Chilean mythology which has piqued my interest even more now but they get met by "but you could have picked the non nude ones". I swear if people like that ever get in charge of a country we will all live in our own hermetically sealed homes with no formal contact with the outside world.

same thing as the controversy over various deities from SMITE... really ignorant people thinking they are smarter than they actually are...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's hoping that IndieGameStand gets keys soon.

Ah, apparently I bought the Double Pack myself! Thanks for making me check, haha.

<333333333

I'm new to this.. it's too many! I'm not going to buy any more games until I have beaten the majority of those games...

I really want Divinity: OS, Baldurs Gate 2, and Dark Souls II though...

I was like this once, too. ;)

Knurek

ieeillrQt2Ln0.gif

Crimzon Clover 1.02 patch

Screen Settings : The dialog to choose Window/Fullscreen was abandonned. In its stead, a new SCREEN SETTING option is available from SETTINGS menu which allow to more detailed set up of Game Resolution/ Screen resolution to play with maximum comfort.

Vertical Screens: Support of vertical resolution screens added.

Controller: Support for XBOX360 Real Arcade Pro added.

Scoring and Leaderboard:
- Support of Friend score display added
- Display of the total number of score added
- "Unofficial Score" system added : if for some reason (mostly framerate) a score is not judged valid, it is still added to leaderboard as an unofficial score
- Filter for official/unofficial score added
** 3 gauge and the current FPS are now displayed on screen bottom right, should any of these gauge be in the red at the end of a level, the score will be judged as an unofficial score **

Lovely seeing this sort of support from a Japanese title. Pity the game doesn't seem to have sold all that well - stuck on 110 all-time peak, online leaderboards have less than 1000 entries. :\

Ozium

This update has the unintended side-effect of removing some games from one's library. I had to switch to the stable release to get six games back... whatever they were.

it was bad rats, ride to hell, guise of the wolf, garry's incident, air control and secret of the magic crystals..

STEAM WAS TRYING TO HELP

Dr Dogg

And from what has been seen at the moment she doesnt have sexualized animations or dialogue. I mean violence and gore is a big ok but nudity is not? Please.

Hahaha I was going to reply with something a bit more thorough but it turned into a massive multi paragraph sociology lecture. Bah I don't know I'm just glad great titles like Abyss Odyssey exist. If someone feels offended by it's contents that's their prerogative but I wish I could have something they are drinking to have that much foresight into a game that not too much has been shown so far.

same thing as the controversy over various deities from SMITE... really ignorant people thinking they are smarter than they actually are...

Don't get me wrong sometimes these are topics that are worth discussing. Though sometimes artist intent does play a key part and sometimes it's easy to find subtext that the artist didn't intend for the audience to draw parallels with. Though here we have a developer saying what their designs are based and inspired by and for me that would be a great jumping off point to go learn something about a culture I'm not really familiar with and more than likely enrich myself with a greater understanding of Chilean mythology. Instead it seems to have descended into the same old conversation.

Jadax

Alright fuck it, I'm going to start on my back log, need some quick recommendations on which one to tackle first.

Deus Ex: HR vs Just Cause 2?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Lovely seeing this sort of support from a Japanese title. Pity the game doesn't seem to have sold all that well - stuck on 110 all-time peak, online leaderboards have less than 1000 entries. :\

Yeah, it's such an amazing game...

I hope a lot of people snatch it up the first time it goes on sale

JaseC

it was bad rats, ride to hell, guise of the wolf, garry's incident, air control and secret of the magic crystals..

STEAM WAS TRYING TO HELP

If Steam wants to help it should accidentally adding games to my library! I nominate Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Terminator: Salvation, The Golden Compass, The Incredible Hulk and Wanted: Weapons of Fate.

This update has the unintended side-effect of removing some games from one's library. I had to switch to the stable release to get six games back... whatever they were.

821 at the moment. I thought I was around 850. Maybe that is the cause.
Also I just noticed that if steam removed a game per week from my account randomly, without touching the top 10 most played I wouldn't notice a thing.

Hugstable

Banned
What you don't even need to be online. Git good scrub, and stop summoning help if that's even still available. Also thanks for 10000% orange.

<3. Haha I don't think I've even summoned someone yet in my playthrough, just been attacked all the time, but I usually win except for the time Phoenix hunted me down with his level 1 -_-.

Amzin

I plan on buying it at some point, but I picked up Ikaruga during the sale and I don't exactly play a lot of shmups :p I imagine I'll grab it during the fall sale at the very latest.

MUnited83

For you.
If Steam wants to help it should accidentally adding games to my library! I nominate Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Terminator: Salvation, The Golden Compass, The Incredible Hulk and Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
No Wheelman?:p
Edit: ah, beaten by a minute

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hahaha I was going to reply with something a bit more thorough but it turned into a massive multi paragraph sociology lecture. Bah I don't know I'm just glad great titles like Abyss Odyssey exist. If someone feels offended by it's contents that's their prerogative but I wish I could have something they are drinking to have that much foresight into a game that not too much has been shown so far.

Why did you scrapped it? It is game related and can be applied to different games actually. Also I like reading stuff so I wouldn't complain.

milena87

Alright fuck it, I'm going to start on my back log, need some quick recommendations on which one to tackle first.

Just Cause 2 if you feel the need to destroy an entire island.
Deus Ex HR if you want to immerse yourself in a good story.

If you go with Just Cause 2 remember to always use the grappling hook + parachute to move around.
I wish every open world game had the grappling hook + parachute combo :(

Amzin

I enjoyed both although I think JC2 is more 'fun'. If you're OCD about completionism though, don't go near JC2 until you have like a year to kill. It puts AC4 to shame in that sense.

JaseC

I enjoyed both although I think JC2 is more 'fun'. If you're OCD about completionism though, don't go near JC2 until you have like a year to kill. It puts AC4 to shame in that sense.

The worst thing about JC2 is that the completion tracker is busted -- Avalanche didn't ensure that all of the completion values attached to tracked data actually add up to 100%. I even tried modding in the missing collectables and water tower, but still had to settle for something like 98.5%.

fantomena

So I just reached the last chapter/mission in Sniper Elite 3. It is definetly better than V2. Better grahpvis, more open and wider maps, tons of more options, funny challenges.

Still, after a while, the game get's very boring and repetive. Do not buy before it goes on a very good sale.

My video if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1XfWnF4x0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom