• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I honestly believe that GFWL's death was postponed due to publishers, such as Capcom, being too slow to act in time for the originally-scheduled date of July 1st.

Microsoft: Hey we never actually said GFWL was closing down you guys.
Customer: So why has Fable III or any of your other IPs been yanked and not returned to any DD platform?
Microsoft: Ummmm... Look! A squirrel! *runs*

Hugstable

Banned
I honestly believe that GFWL's death was postponed due to publishers, such as Capcom, being too slow to act in time for the originally-scheduled date of July 1st. There's a distinct possibility that the stay of execution may engender a change of heart as far as RE5 and the DR2 games are concerned, but, yeah, I wouldn't consider it likely.

I hope it stays postponed, I still need to finish Dark Souls and it's still stuck in GFWL.

Arthea

I honestly believe that GFWL's death was postponed due to publishers, such as Capcom, being too slow to act in time for the originally-scheduled date of July 1st. There's a distinct possibility that the stay of execution may engender a change of heart as far as RE5 and the DR2 games are concerned, but, yeah, I wouldn't consider it likely.

I so wanna believe that's the case, and not MS preparing GFWL2 for us to enjoy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt that, like very much (><)

Even though 365 Games is a proper retailer, this doesn't necessarily mean that the keys are authorised to be resold. Someone found this out the hard way earlier in the year with Simply CD Keys (off-shoot of actual retailer Simply Games) and Dark Souls 2.

Arthea

Even though 365 Games is a proper retailer, this doesn't necessarily mean that the keys are authorised to be resold. Someone found this out the hard way earlier in the year with Simply CD Keys (off-shoot of actual retailer Simply Games) and Dark Souls 2.

Ya, but 365 games is too big, well know and old to try something that stupid... I hope

Grief.exe

Seems like FXAA is the best AA solution for the witcher 2. It took my eyes a while to get used to the softness of the image but i'll take it over the messy jaggies everywhere without it on. I also disabled the sharpening filter because it's pretty annoying and doesn't really help matters.

And now for the congratulations to CD Project Red, who made a much better game with W2 compared to the tedious, slow paced, and mechanically simple W1. I was really dreading starting W2 because the first witcher game was just such a frustrating bore that I couldn't help but feel adverse to the notion of playing W2.

However, this game is legit great. The story has moves briskly compared to the first, the game's battle system now has a better dodge mechanic and a parrying system that is enjoyable with both adding some depth to the shallow clickclickclick conflicts of the first game, and starting with a handful of magic abilities leaves you with a lot of options right from the beginning.

The game just started opening up in chapter 2, with what appears to be the first real town in the game. I'm still somewhat concerned that this game will be filled to the waist with too much backtracking, an issue that plagued the first game, but so far so good. I finally gained access to a notice board so I have a handful of quests to explore.

Speaking of quests, I like that the journal is constantly updated as quests move along and the general conceit that it's being filled in by another character adds, well, it adds some character to the journal entries that make them more enjoyable than just the standard in-game wiki style of entries that most RPGs use.

So, the tldr version of my initial W2 impressions: it's damn good. It's always a good sign when you have trouble putting a game down before work and all you really did was get rid of some rusty swords, grab your medallion so you could see if there are any herbs about, and make some Falka's Blood for your blade. If this keeps up, I think i'll be preordering W3 very very soon

Did you play the entire way through Witcher 1?

CDPR as problems with the early sections of games. Witcher 1 doesn't pick up until the 3rd chapter, Witcher 2 until after you get out of Flotsom.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ah the old assuming the publisher is the developer confusion. Let alone Dragon's Crown and Abyss Odyssey are almost completely different games apart from the sidescrolling nature of the stages.

Read the nudity comments later on the discussion. Jesus...

Why is the July thread already at almost 20,000 posts? Did I miss some big announcement? (been totally caught up in Divinity OS the past week)

Well, y'see, Shadownet is really Oprah's GAF account and, y'know what that means:

oprah-bees.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Well, y'see, Shadownet is really Oprah's GAF account and, y'know what that means:

oprah-bees.gif

I prefer to go by Opah now. The r in my name wasnt going over real well with Martha. She keep calling me brah, after her prison stint.

And I never got that bees thing. Did I missed something?

----

Frost look in your inbox mate!

Turfster

Thanks so much AmazonJosh :|
Man I really miss Tony actually doing work.

Yeah. I ran across the Paradox thing since it's Paradox week/midweek seemingly everywhere,
and figured "hey, might as well check out their other deals."
It was... disappointing, but since I'd looked, I linked them. =p

Hugstable

Banned
You mean the first one? DaS2 is gladly Shit-free.

wait ... what? Dark Souls II doesn't use GFWL

I edited my post -_-. I have no clue how I could even make that mistake lol. Probably just me waking up and wanting to play Dark Souls 2 also.

I believe he is playing Dark Souls II before he gets to the previous game. He hopes that GFWL stays up long enough to play through the game while interacting with other players.

I would hope From/Bandai get moving on a patch relatively soon here.

lol nope I'm playing the first Dark Souls, and accidently placed a 2 there when I made my original post. I really do hope they patch it soon so it can stay up online, I really like the whole message and Dueling system.

I prefer to go by Opah now. The r in my name wasnt going over real well with Martha. She keep calling me brah, after her prison stint.

And I never got that bees thing. Did I missed something?

----

Frost look in your inbox mate!
Brah... I call you that all the time, am I secretly Martha? My parents lied about my real name :eek:

Wow, ESJ sequel already bundled?

NEW BUNDLE! Set your Steam library on fire with 8 explosive games!
A raging inferno of a bundle is headed your way! Grab 8 explosive Steam games for just $3.99 in the Firestorm Bundle, saving over $60! Now that won't burn a hole in your pocket. . .

VIEW THE BUNDLE HERE[www.bundlestars.com]
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
Project Aftermath
Explodemon
Velocity Ultra (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
Influx
Imperial Glory
Praetorians

Did you play the entire way through Witcher 1?

CDPR as problems with the early sections of games. Witcher 1 doesn't pick up until the 3rd chapter, Witcher 2 until after you get out of Flotsom.

I got up to about halfway through the third chapter in W1 before I tapped out. I'm actually enjoying the pacing so far in W2, so if it's only going to get better then that just means I'm in for a great time.

liezryou

I don't think he is at the moment. But if you follow the link to the google doc. you can make a request and he'll try to get a copy for you. if not Liezryou "The Russian Bear" can hook you up.

I'm taking care of any requests on dunder's spreadsheet for the most part :p.

Also what did i miss... I came home and was knocked out for like 6 hours. So i've been out of this thread for a good 15 hours ~.~

Dr Dogg

Read the nudity comments later on the discussion. Jesus...

Poor ACE Team Dev. Says they based their characters from Chilean mythology which has piqued my interest even more now but they get met by "but you could have picked the non nude ones". I swear if people like that ever get in charge of a country we will all live in our own hermetically sealed homes with no formal contact with the outside world.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Fable 3 will come back to Steam when Fable Anniversary does, with a complete Steamworks overhaul. I really hope it does. I would totally go for 100%.

I believe he is playing Dark Souls II before he gets to the previous game. He hopes that GFWL stays up long enough to play through the game while interacting with other players.

I would hope From/Bandai get moving on a patch relatively soon here.

Oh the irony.

I wasn't able to interact with anyone anyway.

He was totally fired for giving us deals that were too good. So they replaced him with someone willing to play by the rules.

no fun allowed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Poor ACE Team Dev. Says they based their characters from Chilean mythology which has piqued my interest even more now but they get met by "but you could have picked the non nude ones". I swear if people like that ever get in charge of a country we will all live in our own hermetically sealed homes with no formal contact with the outside world.

And from what has been seen at the moment she doesnt have sexualized animations or dialogue. I mean violence and gore is a big ok but nudity is not? Please.

Sendou

Man not feeling like playing a RPG at all. Started both Banner Saga and Divinity but can't really get down the motivation to actually continue playing them.

I think Fable 3 will come back to Steam when Fable Anniversary does, with a complete Steamworks overhaul. I really hope it does. I would totally go for 100%.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about Fable 3. too bad because i really like the setting and was hoping that they would build upon some of the great stuff and fix the flaws in Fable 2.

Vuze

Just booted up Dishonored (got the GOTY on sale) and it's fun and looks pretty! I'm not sure why I dropped it on PS3 after two hours or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom