• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, I own both XCOM Enemy Unknown and Bioshock Infinite, but none of the others. no Tier 3 for me...(though they would make good gifts...My wallet's still lean after the summer sale so I'll have to see).

MadGear

Oh, a good Humble Bundle? With their recent bundles this somewhat feels like a paradox :D

Got Tier 1 for 2$ (i never enter 1$ xD), but I'm thinking about upgrading to the BTA Tier because i haven't played Spec Ops and Bioshock 2 yet.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
If I decide to upgrade to the BTA tier later, will it give me the current BTA price if it's lower, or only the price it was at when I got the regular tier?

Elija2

If the BTA bonus is Borderlands 2 that would be pretty sweet since I was contemplating getting it during the Summer Sale but didn't bite.

rtcn63

Darkness 2- Okay, if a bit basic and repetitive. Never finished, but plan to someday.
Bioshock - Legit, though I'm not sure how the Steam version runs.

For $1? Fuck yiss.

Pakkidis

For you guys that don't have it yet. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-D9980852D231D488 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 9 entrants total.
Bioshock2 -- MB-F74A114CD1D08DD7 - Taken by The Cowboy. 14 entrants total.

t1404854007z1.png

Never bought upper tiers before. So if I pay 5,15$ now I get whatever game unlocks later, right.
From the text it sounds like multiple games will unlock. How is this profitable? That's less than a buck per game. And these weren't 20$ releases but 60$. How come pubs are ok with this? Better for me but still curious.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, here's 2K's catalogue (excluding Rockstar) on Steam:
Borderlands 1 and 2
XCOM: Classic games, Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within, The Bureau
BioShock 1, 2, and 3
Civilization III, IV, and V, plus Colonization, and other standalones, plus CivCty, plus Railroads and Pirates and Ace Patrol
Duke Nukem Forever
NBA2K13 and 2K14
Freedom Force 1 and 2
Railroad Tycoon 2 and 3
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Mafia II

Stronghold Collection

Taking into account that the licensing issues with NBA definitely prohibit it from being in this bundle, Duke, Civ, and Borderlands seem like the best options. Everything else seems a little too old or weird, the Civ spinoffs seem unlikely.

So I'd guess maybe two of DNF, Borderlands 1, and Civ 5 as BTA bonuses?

Yep, these things happen:
HighlevelRashJapanesebeetle.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-7E5B948CBFA1FB05 - Taken by anastef

t1468004400z4.png

Eanan

Well, here's 2K's catalogue (excluding Rockstar) on Steam:
Borderlands 1 and 2
XCOM: Classic games, Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within, The Bureau
BioShock 1, 2, and 3
Civilization III, IV, and V, plus Colonization, and other standalones, plus CivCty, plus Railroads and Pirates and Ace Patrol
Duke Nukem Forever
NBA2K13 and 2K14
Freedom Force 1 and 2
Railroad Tycoon 2 and 3
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Mafia II

Stronghold Collection

Taking into account that the licensing issues with NBA definitely prohibit it from being in this bundle, Duke, Civ, and Borderlands seem like the best options. Everything else seems a little too old or weird, the Civ spinoffs seem unlikely.

So I'd guess maybe two of DNF, Borderlands 1, and Civ 5 as BTA bonuses?

Considering humble like to do repeats as of late, id bet good money on Civ V being one of the bonuses. Borderlands 1 GOTY also would be my prediction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
....that game is like on my list of stuff I would delete off my account if I could.

You can ask Valve to remove the game, however removals are sub-based and so if you obtained it as part of a bundle you couldn't lose it without also losing the other games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-C2430C9A00469573 - Taken by Blitzhex. 15 entrants total.
BioShock 2 -- MB-CEDE567AAA6E7481 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 14 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-BC29CC213257A1B5 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 6 entrants total.
The Darkness II -- MB-DBC84823A894E65F - Taken by Megasoum. 12 entrants total.
Mafia II -- MB-044C95FE6A7B1789 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 4 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-4BC8BCDB5DFED420 - Taken by swx. 14 entrants total.

t1404844348z1.png

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mafia 2 -- MB-7EB96E57099312CD - Taken by tioslash

so good

Dambrosi

Banned
Nice Humble Bundle. Pity there's only two games there I don't already own.

Eh, I might buy it anyway
if this cuntfucker eBay buyer ever gets around to paying me for his damned item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom