• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

FINALLY, a nice Bundle!!

Not really interested in The Darkness II, so you can have it :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

The Darkness II -- MB-4194F92843B3F38D - Taken by Eanan

Does Declassified have a launcher? Don't fancy idling in full game on my basic laptop.

You can use another steam game to fake that your playing to idle for cards. I used Half-life 2 for most of the sale.

Go into steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/
Look for a .txt doc called "steam_appid.txt", open it and change the id to the game you want to idle for cards.
Start hl2.exe from the same folder, not through steam. Steam will think you're in the game you put in steam_appid rather than HL2 and you can get your card drops.

This isn't limited to Half-Life 2 but it doesn't work for all games. Play around with the games you have installed to see if you can get it working. The basic steps are the same though (alter steam_appid.txt and run the game from the folder rather than steam itself).

The Darkness II is pretty awesome. Love this scene.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Darkness II -- MB-3BBCF05C0AD3C190 - Taken by Waku. 21 entrants total.

t1404845373z1.png

Scythian

Another bundle where I own most of it, if you ask me, The Darkness II is more than worth the $1+ . Really fun shooter / taking out people's hearts with your darkness pets.

Grief.exe

The 'best single player FPS' thread has really gone down hill.

The first couple pages I was getting hyped on some of the best FPS games to play, now it has gone to BioShock Infinite and Borderlands 2.

You can use another steam game to fake that your playing to idle for cards. I used Half-life 2 for most of the sale.

Look for a .txt doc called "steam_appid.txt", open it and change the id to the game you want to idle for cards.
Start hl2.exe from the same folder, not through steam. Steam will think you're in the game you put in steam_appid rather than HL2 and you can get your card drops.

This isn't limited to Half-Life 2 but it doesn't work for all games. Play around with the games you have installed to see if you can get it working. The basic steps are the same though (alter steam_appid.txt and run the game from the folder rather than steam itself).

Thanks for the help

wagamer

Here's an extra Bioshock for the one with the fastest hands.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wagamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-F7CD43FC1BD3D850 - Taken by Divius

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Specifically, it doesn't work with games that don't use CEG/"Steam DRM", however they're hardly abundant in number. I myself use the app id trick with Age2 HD's launcher to idle -- the game was already installed and the launcher's memory footprint is tiny.

Sky Chief

I have some of these games but bought the bundle regardless. Is there anything special I have to do so that I can gift the duplicates of the games I already own? Don't want to screw this up :)

here, have some humble 2k scraps

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock 2 -- MB-870AA60DFC74D513 - Taken by Krusenstern. 11 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-A5D78AF67A92BC56 - Taken by pupo. 9 entrants total.
Spec Ops -- MB-A6D80B52294CEF68 - Taken by Leg-End. 19 entrants total.

t1404845672z1.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I still haven't played it since preordering, lol. And while it may seem I was smart with Darkness 2, waiting until it was $5 (3 weeks ago), they are basically giving that away too. Never underestimate PC discounts.

I totally forget about steamthreads because I always forget to subscribe to them :c

*suibscribes*

We're 700 posts away from the next one though. 20k in about a week :O

Spares..

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

BioShock -- MB-335A3A1D0EE38C22 - Taken by PossumMeat. 9 entrants total.
The Darkness II -- MB-6396655699F232D4 - Taken by 73V3N. 9 entrants total.

t1404845730z1.png

Time to send Humble an e-mail, I bought the bundle, then wanted to upgrade for BTA and accidentally ended up buying the bundle again instead. Let's hope I can get the orders merged, otherwise I'll have some extra keys to give away.

Nete

Lets see if I don't break anything.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mafia II -- MB-BB250E924C4D7ADA - Taken by default two. 7 entrants total.
Bioshock 2 -- MB-4FF8DA34DE98ED68 - Taken by Caerith. 12 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-F7B1930C9FE84357 - Taken by cHinzo. 6 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-D6B300D827CCC192 - Taken by AsylumX. 19 entrants total.

t1404855688z1.png

Teppic

Spare code.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Darkness II -- MB-39B19481BDAEE568 - Taken by redlacs. 16 entrants total.

t1404845853z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
my current Mafia II sub is Mafia II Retail nVidia
so I should be able to claim the one from the bundle and get everything?

You can buy the DDE, yeah. It includes a DLC app.

Edit: Nothing on the Humble Bundle page suggests that the game comes with DLC. I think you'll find it's just the standard edition.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
One of the best Humble Bundles ever. I own everything but good to see them getting back in form

Haven't played it myself yet, but I don't think 'fun' is the right word for that game :p

The shooting mechanics are solid and may or may not provide some fun.

The story and overall experience, basically art. Like reading a good book. But yeah, "fun" isn't the best descriptor.

The Banner Saga down.

One of the few games I actually saw the end of this year. I had a pretty dang good time but I was unaware this game is a part of a trilogy, there are a whole bunch of loose threads at the end which had me a bit agitated when the credits started rolling. That said there is a fairly conclusive arc in the game as is. Took me a little while to warm up to it but I enjoyed the battle system, there's definitely room for improvement in part 2 though. The main thing is that there's a status effect system that's only ever used by one enemy (or 2, maybe). I don't think it should go the typical route with poison and stun and all that, a bit more flavour on top of the armour/strength system would be welcomed. Needless to say the game is pretty and the soundtrack is wonderful. Money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom