• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

It also just now occurred to me in regards to the upcoming Danganronpa
52XJAux.jpg

Tizoc

I am totally double dipping on DQ11.
Tood bad there ain't a PC/Steam ver.
Not like they're gonna lose anything by putting the dang thing on there.

What time is it?

Birthday time.

Happy birthday, Ban Puncher. Your birthday present is somewhere on Twitch. They are showing an-knee-may there or something.

No platforms have been announced as of yet. PS4 is a lock, 3DS version is definitely a maybe...the success of the 2DS XL will probably play a part.

Switch version I hear was planned but I wouldn't be surprised if Squeenix announces a PC port. I think it'll do great. Grandstand JRPGs definitely sell well on Steam.

Vlad

Didn't realize Nidhogg 2 toned down their Homer Simpson character designs down. Much less.. jarring.

The funny thing is, after watching Giant Bomb play some of the game, the old designs didn't stand out as much, since they kind of went for a more unpleasant artstyle for the whole game, so the homer characters were just another part of the whole thing. The new ones look a bit better, but it's still going to be kind of an adjustment from the original.

They haven't confirmed platforms yet for the western release, right? Not that it gives me much confidence but this is the first UE4 game they've released so maybe porting will be easier and quicker to do.

Also, man my hype for Danganronpa V3 isn't very high. The End of Hopes Peak left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Knurek

So, turns out I'm going to spawn a child process next year.

Have some games to commemorate

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spintires -- MB-7FF477D12264FFA7 - Taken by Eila. 19 entrants total.
Grimrock 2 -- MB-432E556DAAFD7E7A - Taken by Madventure. 11 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-3FEB63CFBE559785 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Underrail -- MB-5153A66168FD923E - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 10 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-95AA3D65BC14F049 - Taken by alr1ght. 19 entrants total.
Westerado -- MB-BDFCE495FA17B25F - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 4 entrants total.

t1501266331z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why are there no boxing/MMA games on PC :(

Thought EA would've brought the UFC game to PC by now, they're usually pretty decent with PC releases. EDIT: Scratch that, they're shit with sports stuff. Just FIFA gets released on PC IIRC

The anime was really bad but led to this dub error (end spoilers), so at least it made me laugh.

The original games and, to a lesser extent, Ultra Despair Girls, are still excellent however so I'm still very excited for V3.

lmao I never saw this.

Speaking of Ultra Despair Girls, I actually beat it this month. The PC port worked well, gunplay was some basic ass shit but it was enjoyable for some of the story aspect. There were parts I really disliked, I don't think I even have to mention the shit involving minors. I really enjoyed getting to team up with
Toko
, was fun to learn more about them and really made me like the character more.

That said, spoilers I guess,
there was a lot of moments of "oh that's neat, too bad it means nothing now thanks to the Anime." Lots of hints and things building up to something that ultimately doesn't matter anymore since Future Arc completely took a dump on whatever they were trying to build towards in Ultra Despair Girl. We never even got to find out what happened to most of the cast of this games, besides the Warriors of Hope getting a 5 second scene in the Anime.

Hektor

lmao I never saw this.

Speaking of Ultra Despair Girls, I actually beat it this month. The PC port worked well, gunplay was some basic ass shit but it was enjoyable for some of the story aspect. There were parts I really disliked, I don't think I even have to mention the shit involving minors. I really enjoyed getting to team up with
Toko

there was a lot of moments of "oh that's neat, too bad it means nothing now thanks to the Anime." Lots of hints and things building up to something that ultimately doesn't matter anymore since Future Arc completely took a dump on whatever they were trying to build towards in Ultra Despair Girl. We never even got to find out what happened to most of the cast of this games, besides the Warriors of Hope getting a 5 second scene in the Anime.

But we found ot one of them is now in space. Isnt that hilarious? She moved to space!

I really wish the anime wouldn't exist ugh

lmao I never saw this.

Toko

It was much more enjoyable to play on a gamepad over a Vita for me, I never beat it it on it Vita because it was just uncomfortable to play. Yes I also have my qualms over how the story was handled, I see what they were going by lampooning a lot of anime culture/stereotypes but it walked a thin line into becoming one itself. The
Komaru/Toko
interactions were probably my favorite part, they really play off each other well. Interested to see if V3 will truly be the clean break they bill it as however I feel like it’d be a spoiler for anyone to confirm that at this point.
Just please let Junko rest in despair.

Ban Puncher

Thank you for the well wishers, anime lovers.

PREPARE FOR IMMINENT BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic Mania -- MB-F59266CB86DC89B8 - Taken by Deques. 94 entrants total.

t1501344098z1.png

giphy.gif

kionedrik

There are 3 new games on the chrono.gg coin shop. They weren't revealed yet but mousing over the picture you can see some sort of card game, one rpgmaker thingy and what seems to be some sort of arcade platformer/shooter.

Zeeman

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-DFDC8B7A52EFE113 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-5A40C35A9648ABBD - Taken by aqws. 1 entrants total.
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-40BFF1C0B644B2A9 - Taken by Cindered. 2 entrants total.
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-C7E4A1B24B67E69D - Taken by Neverforget. 16 entrants total.

t1501270678z1.png

NeoRaider

The Bug Butcher is selling so fast on chrono.gg lol.
I played it on my phone and it's sooo addicting. So i picked it on chrono.gg too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom