• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
F0C903E1AACC1CFFFC85531D71DEA06940E217AB
AF07D2CCDF47D9664173B748BCA9246276C72B29
I really don't understand what the hell is going on in Lost Planet, game storyline and cutscenes are hilariously bad.

Tizoc

So an SF2 collection got rated for PS4 and X1, hopefully this'll come to Steam as well.
Supposidly it's the PS2/xbox compilation release that came with SF3 3S, honestly I'd settle for good running ports at this point.
Gimme dat adooget capcapom~

soundtest

Banned
So an SF2 collection got rated for PS4 and X1, hopefully this'll come to Steam as well.
Supposidly it's the PS2/xbox compilation release that came with SF3 3S, honestly I'd settle for good running ports at this point.

i dunno, i couldve seen if it was just PS4 since they will straight up put PS2 games on that machine with little work but on the Xbox one? i cant imagine that would work

3SOE on gen 8 platforms would be cool. Especially if Steam gets some love. I loved the steam port of D&D Mystaria

I got Lost Planet 3 from the Capcom HB, I should play it sometime.
I've been playing rpgs almost exclusively since the start of the year, I need to take a look at the shooters I have in my backlog.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-9E140FEA86005726 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 39 entrants total.

t1501277621z1.png

Oh please. I've been waiting for anything like this at all for years. I even bought that GOG SF Alpha which is the worst port of a game I own. Yes, it's worse than Saints Row 2.

Tizoc

Oh snap
Not quite, there will be more games. The description is that of the PS2 versions :). It will be much better.
https://twitter.com/Shinkendo/status/891029395288227841

Well that's Dark Witch 1 FINALLY completed. Decided to drop down Dark Witch 2's difficulty and beat that as well.
I feel like DW2 went about it the wrong way particularly with the upgrades; there are LOTS of upgrades this time around and I feel like they could've just cut them down by half and the game'd be better. I don't get why Extra EXP needs to be upgraded 10 times, when 5 upgrades wqould've been enough. It would've let me put more points into the other upgrades for one thing.

Overall DW1 is the better game for being short and for being all around a solid designed game IMO.

Ocho

Hey guys. I'm trying to go over my Humble Bundle library to see which keys I have left over so I can give away/resell for a low price/etc. What happens if I try to redeem a key of a game I already own in Steam? Will it show in any way this key is still valid but I already own the game?

Thanks.

Tizoc

Hey guys. I'm trying to go over my Humble Bundle library to see which keys I have left over so I can give away/resell for a low price/etc. What happens if I try to redeem a key of a game I already own in Steam? Will it show in any way this key is still valid but I already own the game?

Thanks.

If you own the game, it'll inform you. If you DON'T own it, it'll redeem it just fine.
Just search for the game's title in your library and you'll know which to redeem and not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks.

"Product already owned" sits above "Duplicate product code" in the error message hierarchy, but Steam keys don't expire unless the publisher manually bins them, which, aside from the very occasional indie dev throwing a tantrum, is only done with unused keys after a game has been given away for free, so they can't be resold (e.g. Codemasters and the Dirt 3/Showdown giveaways on Humble).

To be clear, "Duplicate product code" is also the error Steam throws up when a key has been banned. "Invalid product code" appears only when you attempt to register a key that isn't actually a key, like, say, ABC-123-DEF-456.

Freezard

I really don't understand what the hell is going on in Lost Planet, game storyline and cutscenes are hilariously bad.

I could not like Lost Planet even though I tried. The whole game is just so low quality. Just the fact that you were running as fast as a 2 year old made me rage quit the game (actually a boss did, but whatever). It had some potential with the arcadish feeling so might try the third game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LP1 is a fantastic score attack title with a great competitive mulitplayer, completely unique.

LP2 is one of the best coop games of the generation. For higher levels, team needed to be on point, but the game did not function well with 2 or less. You really needed 3 or 4.

LP3 had a pretty solid story line.

Shit was my jam.

Ladekabel

Any one here can help me? Playing The Journey Down Chapter 1 on my Macbook when I wanted to put the game in window mode. Now I can only cover around one fourth of the gamescreen with my mousepad. Which is not enough to put the game back in fullscreen. If I do fullscreen with the green button in the upper left of the window it doesn't help either.

Edit.: Nevermind. Found a solution.

Well that's Dark Witch 1 FINALLY completed. Decided to drop down Dark Witch 2's difficulty and beat that as well.

The Legend of Dark Witch... from the trailer, it's a lot like Valis and other Genesis games I used to love. How long and replayable is it?

zkylon

zkylewd
I said it before, but that's not the post-game, just the second story arc (the arc that was added in God Eater Burst). Afterwards there's still the third story arc (which was added in Resurrection). THEN there's the post game, which is basically the last difficulty level and has some of the best and most challenging fights in the game (and some really awful too!). And I also kept saying that they are far more interesting than the base game story, lol.
You'll get your cutscenes.
well idk

i saw credits roll, this is post-game to me

It's my birthday so I feel like sharing a couple of my all-time favorites:

hey happy birthday

DasFool

header.jpg

I finished Planescape: Torment yesterday after plucking at it for around 6 months on the easiest difficulty. It is simply sublime. The writing is so ferociously gripping that it feels like you're walking through a dream, rather than sitting at a keyboard. There were moments where I needed to stop myself from reading further just to fully absorb the complexity of the text. It is hilarious, tragic, cathartic, cruel, bizarre, and thought-provoking. I especially loved the sequence with Deionarra's Sensory Stone and the entirety of the ending. It's a shame that the writing in most games these days is outclassed by everyday trifle in PS:T; the medium should have evolved from this, but it has sadly not. If you have any interest at all in good fictional narratives, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Finally get to move on to Torment: Tides of Numenera, after backing it four years ago. I hope it's even a tenth as satisfying as PS:T was.

MUnited83

For you.
House Party just got a patch. I assume it's a censor patch so the game should return to the store shortly.

edit: definitely not censored yet lol

Finally get to move on to Torment: Tides of Numenera, after backing it four years ago. I hope it's even a tenth as satisfying as PS:T was.

I'm playing it right now. It is. The writing isn't AS good, but it's still good, and there's way less fighting in it. There are even some PS:T callbacks (a certain entity in a bar, a name that's used...you'll see things here and there.)

jtb

Banned
header.jpg

I finished Planescape: Torment yesterday after plucking at it for around 6 months on the easiest difficulty. It is simply sublime. The writing is so ferociously gripping that it feels like you're walking through a dream, rather than sitting at a keyboard. There were moments where I needed to stop myself from reading further just to fully absorb the complexity of the text. It is hilarious, tragic, cathartic, cruel, bizarre, and thought-provoking. I especially loved the sequence with Deionarra's Sensory Stone and the entirety of the ending. It's a shame that the writing in most games these days is outclassed by everyday trifle in PS:T; the medium should have evolved from this, but it has sadly not. If you have any interest at all in good fictional narratives, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

It's not.

jtb

Banned
Tides of Numenera reads like fanfiction and is basically what happens when a bunch of people peripheral to the creation of the original try to reverse engineer what made it great.

Of course, the irony is that what makes Torment great is that it is singular and unique - and a human and organic story. It's not something that can be reduced to a formula.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like DW2 went about it the wrong way particularly with the upgrades; there are LOTS of upgrades this time around and I feel like they could've just cut them down by half and the game'd be better. I don't get why Extra EXP needs to be upgraded 10 times, when 5 upgrades wqould've been enough. It would've let me put more points into the other upgrades for one thing.
I'm playing through Dark Witch 1 right now and it's pretty tough even on easy (but mostly because I'm going for those achievos that are like "defeat x boss without taking damage or using special skills" and stuff). The last level (
before the boss rush one
) is genuinely difficult cos I keep sucking and falling into pits. It's definitely a lot of fun though.

I'm going to have to play lunatic difficulty and I'm both excited and dreading it tbh. It's probably going to kick my ass hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh chrono.gg

i had like 3000 of those shitty coins the one time i decided to ruin my life by trying to save like $5 lol

header.jpg

I see this alot, and am fond of saying it myself.

It's also damn true.

PS: Numenera is not anywhere near bad as the hyperbole says it is. It's this year's No Man's Sky. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ban Puncher, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic Mania -- MB-F59266CB86DC89B8 - Taken by Deques. 94 entrants total.

t1501344098z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Immortal Planet is pretty good.

It might be a little TOO slavishly devoted to Soulslike games. In addition to the baseline Souls staples there's analogs to Bloodborne's transforming weapons (and from what I can tell of the classes you can pick, one that regens health like you can after taking damage by dealing it). There's some Ki Pulse type stuff from Nioh where perfectly timed dodges or weapon transformations restore stamina (though I'm not sure if this is meant to be from that game or simply parallal thinking given how new Nioh is).

But it has some pretty interesting ideas. So far your "estus flask" is limited, however you can find new charges/ extra ones in the dungeons in respawning treasure chest thingies. So it encourages maybe going back into areas you'd normally clear and forget about in normal Souls games in case you want some extras going into a boss fight. There's some neat twists on this mechanic too, as I was walking back to a boss for the nth time and looted one of the respawning chests that was on the path to him and out popped an extra enemy that wasn't there normally, so it mixes things up a decent bit.

It's probably a bit slowly paced in that stamina management is key, and running out of it is far more punishing here. Though it also lets you see enemy stamina too, so some strategies can be born out of wearing them outand nuking them down when they are out of stamina.

Watched a few DQXI streams on Twitch. Good Lord, I haven't been following the game much but the PS4 version looks amazing. I really wanna see this hit PC one day.

Wonder what SE is gonna do about the Switch version. It's gonna be a hell of a downgrade I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom