• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SSD, it's like a whole new computer instantly.

Yeah, the only instance in which an SSD upgrade wouldn't be transformative is if your PC doesn't have enough RAM for Windows to function properly to begin with. Hell, even then, an SSD would be better for page file swapping.

Probably don't have to go that high, just get say a 250GB one, put windows on it and whatever you are playing at the time. The rest of the stuff can remain on the HDD.

And this. There's no pressing need to have games on an SSD. You can always buy a 500GB+ drive later down the track.

Stall19

Man that FFXV stream was so hype! Game looks awesome, though I do wonder about the story. Might be another MGSV where the story takes a backseat to everything else.

Grief.exe

He's playing the demo with that controller in earlier the event. Maybe you're right, it's just a dev PC running console version.

Tabata also said that they weren't able to do simultaneous development on a PC and console version for XV. Maybe it's not coming that soon, if ever.

'If ever'

ZH14KM7.gif

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Buying an SSD for storage still seems decadent and wasteful at this point. But not having one for your operating system seems crazy.

A 256GB one seems great for your OS and a few open world/id tech/MMORPG games where you'd want streaming performance.

I mean, unless you're doing HD video or audio editing. Then a giant SSD would probably be pretty important to you.

MS said they couldn't do a simultaneous development of Quantum Break either.

The "we cant do it simultaneous" is bullshit. It all comes down to marketing strategy. If they have the money for an anime or a CGI movie, they have the budget for a PC release, even if handled by another team.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Maybe I just don't have time for hide and seek bullshit.

The secret is to run everywhere so you get to safety faster.

Actually, once you get the layout of an area down you can typically get through easier since you're not constantly looking for hiding spots. It makes it feel a bit trial and error though.

Early on flares are pretty useful, they'll distract most things long enough for you to get by.

Lingitiz

Welp, finished that tiny little FFXV demo. The framerate continues to be trash to the point where I probably won't play it until the PC release.

Ludens

Banned
What a crap, go to hell SE.
So they are going full double dippers.
Maybe they will announce the PC version when they sold all 30000 copies of their limited.
Also what happened to FFIX? SE, wake up, we are in April, the "early" status of 2016 passed three months ago.

Salsa

im at a point where I dont even read the roman numerals

all the thread titles in Gaming right now could be "FFXXIIXXLK PLATINUM GULD" and i'd skim by it

so what happened?

there's a movie?

and the PC version that's obviously coming people think that's not?

Ludens

Banned
It seems that Platinum demo is very bad, the game can't mantein solid 30 fps at all.
FFXV 4K Edition incoming.

Didn't know there was a pc version of Bully! How is it? I remember giving it a try via ps3/ps2 classics but the performance was really bad.

It's good, played eyars ago.

EDIT: Oh, so that PS4k rumor turned to be true with leak about God of War 4 and Deep Down. I don't even own a single game for my PS4 yet and there's a new model incoming. What a crap.

oipic

What is a Final Fantasy?

It's at times like this that I realise how large and diverse the sphere of gaming is - I've been playing games for, gee, 30-odd years, and wouldn't have seen more than 5 minutes of gameplay from any Final Fantasy title. I haven't played a minute of them, and have never felt compelled to.

I couldn't tell you anything about them, other than 'there are lots', and that folks feel particularly strongly about which is good (or bad), and why.

It's kinda great that there's a long-enduring franchise this large and influential, that means so much to so many...but that there's so much diverse gaming available that I feel like I haven't missed a thing by not being swept up by it one little bit.

Hektor

Anybody got some pics of the XV CE? €: Found

Gamersgate existed before GG. It's kind of effed to suggest that the business should change their name to something else because something with the -gate suffix came about.

GamersPortal, GamersDoor, GamersVault, GamersHold.

I dunno.

It's not that i want them to change their name out of spite, i just think it would make sense, when there is a hate group/Harassment campaign with the exact same name. I mean, i can easily imagine there having been people that thought those two are affiliated and stopped shopping there.

I always check when "events" happen because it is hilarious.

I always read GamerGate, Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn threads with Control + F 'Banned'.
I can't be the only one.

This thread encompases all of GAF from AnimeGAF, PopGAF, AnimeGAF, NintendoGAF, and SteamGAF.

Get. Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom