• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Final Fantasy CG movie? Sure, I'd watch it.

_life_is_strange___and_it_s_fucking_awesome__by_lezisell-d8ge26b.jpg

Eila

FF XV looks pretty cool, shame they didn't announce the PC version.
Did the leaker get everything right but that? What a troll.

sad that theres no pc version of ff15, i got a ps4 but damn the framerate was so bad during that stream, there was a lot of screen tearing too which i find extremely distracting when playing a game.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll wait for it.
Hopefully we'll get a release only 2-3 months after :/

If I'm pessimistic I would say 6 months to 2 years after release.

MUnited83

For you.
I'll wait for it.
Hopefully we'll get a release only 2-3 months after :/

If I'm pessimistic I would say 6 months to 2 years after release.

I'd bet 6 months.

They'd be amazingly stupid to have it be 2 years after. That would be a crapload of sales lost without any rational reason, especially when it would have outsold the XB1 version without issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PC version will come out in Q1 2017 when FFXV+ comes out for PS4K

:3

I'd bet 6 months.

They'd be amazingly stupid to have it be 2 years after. That would be a crapload of sales lost without any rational reason, especially when it would have outsold the XB1 version without issues.

That's Square-Enix for you. As I said, instead of enjoying the huge marketing hype they just unveiled, which means they could've easily sold more than 500 to 750k of full price copies, they'll sell 150 to 200k copies at 30 bucks. Maybe less if the game has a bad word of mouth.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That's Square-Enix for you. As I said, instead of enjoying the huge marketing hype they just unveiled, which means they could've easily sold more than 500 to 750k of full price copies, they'll sell 150 to 200k copies at 30 bucks. Maybe less if the game has a bad word of mouth.

But the double-dippers! ugh...

rrvv

I'd bet 6 months.

Pretty sure sales lost between 6 month and 1 year delay is negligible in big sense. I mean how many sales lost for GTA 5?

MUnited83

For you.
Why do Devs always release games on PC much later than console?

Financial advisors stuck 20 years in the past maybe? There's really no good reason for a late release of it when they are putting the game earlier on a platform where it will bomb hard(XB1).

Pretty sure sales lost between 6 month and 1 year delay is negligible in big sense. I mean how many sales lost for GTA 5?

If the game is really, really, really, really good, it will be fine, yeah. Anything less than that though? It will lose sales, big time.

rrvv

Financial advisors stuck 20 years in the past maybe? There's really no good reason for a late release of it when they are putting the game earlier on a platform where it will bomb hard(XB1).

If the game is really, really, really, really good, it will be fine, yeah. Anything less than that though? It will lose sales, big time.

Bad game will sell badly. Is simply fact. Releasing early probably will bigger front sales. But in overall won't make a really big difference.

Also I prefer them to take their time with this one instead having FF13 port mess.

MUnited83

For you.
Bad game will sell badly. Is simply fact. Releasing early probably will bigger front sales. But in overall won't make a really big difference.

Also I prefer them to take their time with this one instead having FF13 port mess.

If the game is mediocre or just not that good, that will inevitably take the sail out of the hype very quickly. Like Ghost Trick already mentioned, releasing day and date or releasing 6 months later can be the difference betweent selling 750k and 250k, depending on a few factors.

Milamber

Man, everything is blowing up everywhere in Gaming. It's not even E3 yet. Plenty of hilarious reads too. The constant poo flinging in the XBox, Sony and PC based threads are a goldmine of anger and frustration too.

BTW, what is more an important upgrade on my PC right now?

- Additional 8 GB RAM to make it 16 GB total
- A HDD to SSD
- 23" 16:9 to 29" 21:9 Monitor
- GTX 770 to GTX 970 Never mind, next gen card looks promising on VRAM.

Man, everything is blowing up everywhere in Gaming. It's not even E3 yet. Plenty of hilarious reads too. The constant poo flinging in the XBox, Sony and PC based threads are a goldmine of anger and frustration too.

BTW, what is more an important upgrade on my PC right now?

- Additional 8 GB RAM to make it 16 GB total
- A HDD to SSD
- 23" 16:9 to 29" 21:9 Monitor
- GTX 770 to GTX 970 Never mind, next gen card looks promising on VRAM.

SSD, it's like a whole new computer instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom