• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to go and buy Smash 3DS but I decided to drink a whole bunch instead so I decided it was for the best that I didn't leave :p Always tomorrow!

Skyzard

Banned
Mordor (nuuvem), Alien Isolation (B/S/T thread), Evil Within and FFXIII (GMG) for me.

Busy month! Came out to:

£18.61 + £23.99 + £26.25 + £7.42
= £76.27

Alien was the deluxe version with the season pass too.

PC gaming man, not even during the heavy sale period.

-If I bought them from steam it would have been:
£29.99 + £43.99 + £34.99 + £9.89
=£118.86

Out of interest I checked:
PS4 retail = £150 excluding FFXIII
PS4 digital = £184.97 also excluding FFXIII

Anteater

jeffearpfbu4.gif

is that salsa

Turfster

Yup, just another little reminder that my beloved 5850 (and cards of its time) are overdue for replacement, they've tended to have not appeared on tables like this one for a fair while now.

Mr O: great work on the OT once again, dear chap - thanks.

Brother!
Although it should still be about equivalent of at least a GTX 560 Ti, iirc.

Very interesting that Mount&Blade is untouched during this Paradox sale. I guess TaleWorlds retained fulls rights to their games, since Paradox stepped in as publisher very late into the original Mount&Blade's development.

As good as Paradox can be, I'm glad TaleWorlds has full control.

is that salsa

I don't think so. Salsa must be the other guy. (Not pictured: the other guy.)

And Jeff and the other guy aren't fools: they both have dual-wrist straps attached to the 3DS to hold it exactly in place.

October truly has some great games. FFXIII, Aliens, TEW, BL, Civ. Crazy.
Does Sleeping Dogs DE have all DLC? Hopefully it'll change flags for being playable in Germany. As usual, will get them next year when cheap in sale :)
Is that Unreal Engine 4? I love the effects. Don't know what they are called. The film grain and the CA I believe. That's the one distorting the colors, right? Together it looks really nice.
Huh, first time hearing of this. Reminds me of way back, playing OG GTA with my cousin.

Blank!

Anyone know when the next big sale is for Steam? I try to space out my steam-buying binges and I'm just about due to pick up a few things. Do they do a winter thing?

Ozium

I just had a crazy thought, but it just might work..

with MGS coming to Steam, what are the chances that we get Snatcher and Policenauts PC versions on Steam?

I thirst for Seed.

So the Hotline Miami heist for Payday 2 is pretty great. Day 1 is soooo much better than Day 2, though the smoke/fumes/fire can all go to hell. I can't see shit, but AI has no problem shooting me right through it.

-MD-

Anyone know when the next big sale is for Steam? I try to space out my steam-buying binges and I'm just about due to pick up a few things. Do they do a winter thing?

Halloween sale at the end of the month.

Sometimes they'll do a Thanksgiving sale at the end of November and the usual Holiday sale sometime in December.

BasilZero

October is gonna be a great month for Steam :) (and pretty much everything l0l).

All aboard the hype train for several releases!

Just in time for the holidays right around the corner ;)

Hm...

There's a new game from Stardock slinking onto Steam Early Access today, a 4X "survival" game called Sorcerer King. It looks to be based on the Elemental engine, and uses asymmetrical gameplay that pits you against a vastly superior AI director, with the simple goal of survival *and maybe eventual supremacy*. Sounds interesting, but the price is very high at USD$33.99.

RPS has an article about it, but after everything Stardock has done in the past... half a decade... I'm more interested in general opinions. Do any GAFers have impressions on it yet?

Nete

Korra looks fantastic. Never thought I would have any interest in an Avatar game, but Platinum delivers.

With Alien I'm very conflicted. I don't like horror movies but I love Alien. On a similar way, I don't like horror games at all, but somehow I'm very hyped with the game. I have as much desire of playing it as I have of /trading/selling it once I receive the key (is the third game of my AMD coupon).

derExperte

October could end up being a very cheap month for me since I decided to skip most of the big releases (no Alien, Costume Quest 2, Evil Within, Civ, Raven's Cry or Lords of the Fallen) and preordered the rest. I've got enough on my plate and with the new 970 it's time to finally play some older eye candy like Crysis 3.

Is Shadow Warrior region free? Might snap it up.

I'll say yes without checking steamdb.info, Devolver isn't into region locks.

October could end up being a very cheap month for me since I decided to skip most of the big releases (no Alien, Costume Quest 2, Evil Within, Civ, Raven's Cry or Lords of the Fallen) and preordered the rest. I've got enough on my plate and with the new 970 it's time to finally play some older eye candy like Crysis 3.

October should be pretty cheap for me as well.

...because I preordered the games last month.

Got all the Artifacts, Ithildin pieces, and all the sword, bow and dagger Legend missions, in Shadow of Mordor today. Feels good to get all those out of the way, now on to the hunting and pipe weed collecting missions.

Miguel81

That Alien banner just looks fabulous on there. I'm really glad it won, as I was expecting the opposite and didn't even get to vote in time. Love ya TEW, but the better man(creature?) won.

Nice, I'll be able to play at 60fps, which ALWAYS helps.

id anyone notice they changed the BPM icon again? they removed the two circles and put a dpad and buttons

One step closer to Valve making the right choice and removing the button entirely.

Seriously, BPM is an inescapable labyrinth. I was trapped in there for a good five minutes one time.

those like-minds tho...
I wonder if we posted within the same second too? :p

One step closer to Valve making the right choice and removing the button entirely.

Seriously, BPM is an inescapable labyrinth. I was trapped in there for a good five minutes one time.
They actually made a nice change recently, or I just noticed something new about it: the steam logo in the top right corner of every screen (when using the mouse) goes back to the very top-most level of BPM from wherever you are when you click on it. Makes it easy to get out of it if you get lost.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So if I'm correct, Dragon Age: Origin is a different sub than Dragon Age: Origin - Ultimate Edition.

Is the vanilla copy region restricted and secondly, before I buy it for a +1 is there any other interesting games for ~$4.99?

Hm...

There's a new game from Stardock slinking onto Steam Early Access today, a 4X "survival" game called Sorcerer King. It looks to be based on the Elemental engine, and uses asymmetrical gameplay that pits you against a vastly superior AI director, with the simple goal of survival *and maybe eventual supremacy*. Sounds interesting, but the price is very high at USD$33.99.

RPS has an article about it, but after everything Stardock has done in the past... half a decade... I'm more interested in general opinions. Do any GAFers have impressions on it yet?

I'm playing around with Endless Legend right now, but I would also be interested in any impressions of Sorcerer King.

MUnited83

For you.
So if I'm correct, Dragon Age: Origin is a different sub than Dragon Age: Origin - Ultimate Edition.

Is the vanilla copy region restricted and secondly, before I buy it for a +1 is there any other interesting games for ~$4.99?

I'm playing around with Endless Legend right now, but I would also be interested in any impressions of Sorcerer King.

Yes, they are different apps. It's no region locked. And buying The Awakening dlc gives you other +1.

MUnited83

For you.
The ultimate edition actually is region locked. Not for activation or at runtime, but it's simply not available to purchase in every country.

Yeah, but he asked about the vanilla edition :p. And even then the ultimate edition is not really region locked, as you can have someone from other country to buy it and send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom