• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

When it comes to horror i've always been a fan of dragging the axe or sledgehammer.
You know something is up when the guy doesn't even want to carry it.

They tried a repeat of that in Silent Hill Homecoming, but it just didn't work there. It was copying one it's betters(SH2).

Nabs

The Pier Solar demo got uploaded. It should automatically update for those who tried to play it before.

Shade

Some old keys. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ion Assault -- MB-731086CDC39FC4E4 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Planets Under Attack -- MB-D1C7E33708A70064 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-DE7C852715A393F9 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 5 entrants total.
Insane 2 -- MB-6348641F139F762F - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-F1F4155B6FDA6315 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-9EC36C74EA8930EF - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-B500B290B020738D - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition -- MB-1CD0C5BFA50C1F3E - Taken by Faabulous. 1 entrants total.

t1412396124z1.png

Miguel81

If Symphony of the Night were to come to Steam, would you prefer original voices or the ones from Chronicles? TeamOG, here, something about Alucard's deep voice was/is mesmerizing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 6.8. This version introduces several new features and quite a few bug fixes.
  • Completely re-wrote how Enhanced Steam handles highlighting to be faster and more accurate
  • Added a "Customize" button to app pages that lets you decide which sections to display
  • Added a "Customize" button to the home page that lets you decide which sections to display
  • Added "Rewards from Playfire" to applicable app pages (thanks mouse0270!)
  • Added an "All New Releases" tab to Steam home page
  • Fixed a memory leak caused by continous scrolling function in some instances
  • Fixed account total spent feature to work with the new account page design
  • Fixed a bug that caused coupon discounts to not display properly on app pages
  • Fixed the placement of regional price comparison box on sale pages
  • Fixed the spacing of the "Popular" tab on the home page
  • Fixed a bug that caused some packages not to process savings calculations corectly
  • Fixed a bug where DLC checkboxes would behave incorrectly if the DLC had no subID
  • Updated DLC pages to work with the new store layout including the "add all unowned" button
  • Removed cart buttons on wishlist page due to changes made by Valve
Your extension should update automatically within the next hour. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues.

Grief.exe

Are there any good objective-based free-to-play FPS games? I'm quite out of the loop.

You are going to want to check out Dirty Bomb. Seems to be the next big thing as far as GAF is concerned.

So the best choice for this month is Shadow Of Mordor and on every platform?

It's only the third day of the biggest month of the year for games.

September and,November are likely to pull in more revenue, but as far as consistent, quality releases are concerned, October can't be beat.

Phew, this new job is taking all my GAF posting time. Not that I'm complaining, working/paying bills is preferable to not. October looks packed with games. Thanks for all the write ups in the OP guys. I'll be getting Alien Isolation for sure (thanks newegg). On another note, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor has been great fun so far. I've always had a special connection to Tolkien's work
My dad read The Hobbit to me at age 8 every night for 30 minutes before bedtime. He was masterful at it, altering his voice for the various characters and entertaining my 8 year old self. His reading is one of the most cherished memories of my father that I have. I've been hooked on the world he built ever since.
and getting to romp around Mordor and slice and dice fools like a bad ass has been awesome. On another note, I have noticed that I am terribly bad at it after a few after work cocktails, lol. Hope all you Steam bros are doing well and enjoying games/life.

Shadownet

Banned
Grief if you're interested in the Legend of Korra game. You should try watching an episode or two of Avatar the Last Airbender. One of the best American made animated show ever.

so i see that A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX is on steam now , i got the xbox 360 version some time ago and didnt like it that much , was too short and sometimes the controls were a little unresponsive , is there any improvements in the steam version compared to the console version?

Skyzard

Banned
Hopefully I did this right
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Skyzard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition -- MB-8ADD8B6D89501866 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 2 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-F8963BBC439559DA - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-B399872D01AFD681 - Taken by Heavy. 1 entrants total.
Dishonored -- MB-D7445998E2D1C85B - Taken by Sheytan. 9 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-E421DFE4777EFB3F - Taken by maty. 12 entrants total.

t1412407824z1.png

September and,November are likely to pull in more revenue, but as far as consistent, quality releases are concerned, October can't be beat.

Time will tell, but there are certainly plenty of options.

Some other October games to look out for:

Can letting you jump really work in a stealth game? I have my doubts, but this looks like a fun evolution of the stealth genre pionered by the recent Thief game.

Legend of Grimrock 2 is apparently coming out in mid october. Hopefully the relative (?) success of the first title means things are bigger and better.

Outland is gorgeous.

By HouseMarque, same guys who made Resogun.

Just a heads up, it is gorgeous but dead boring.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Time will tell, but there are certainly plenty of options.

Some other October games to look out for:

Can letting you jump really work in a stealth game? I have my doubts, but this looks like a fun evolution of the stealth genre pionered by the recent Thief game.

I have some doubt's over the enemy AI, but otherwise the game looks quite promising.

Zafir

That Styx looks really interesting. However, with the sheer amount of games releasing in the next few weeks it's just going to have to wait unfortunately. :/

Jørdan

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 6.8. This version introduces several new features and quite a few bug fixes.

Fantastic! Thank you very much <3

Small issue I'm having though is with the curators section, ES won't remove it.

Until now I've been using Stylish for Firefox and two scripts to remove the curators and queue sections, thinking it now obsolete I removed the extension. i noticed however that all options I chose to remove with ES worked with the exception of the curators, not sure if this is related to my use/removal of the extention - maybe it went funky somewhere. Still playing around to determine if it's that and not ES.

Love the update, thanks again.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I want to play Shadow of Mordor, but I can't break my 75% discount (or 66% if the difference is 2 dollars or less) rule.

Life is hard sometimes.

ewG6OyG.png

I like both banners though (gave up on drawing alien, lol).

Oh wow that banner is awesome! I'm going to wait and see how Evil Within performs on PC before I plunk down the cash for it. My PC isn't exactly beastly and they did themselves no favors when announcing the recommended specs.

I want to play Shadow of Mordor, but I can't break my 75% discount (or 66% if the difference is 2 dollars or less) rule.

Life is hard sometimes.

Hopefully you'll find it as fun as I have when you do eventually get it.

OK, time to actually play something (Shadow of Mordor of course).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jørdan;132815471 said:
Fantastic! Thank you very much <3

Small issue I'm having though is with the curators section, ES won't remove it.

Until now I've been using Stylish for Firefox and two scripts to remove the curators and queue sections, thinking it now obsolete I removed the extension. i noticed however that all options I chose to remove with ES worked with the exception of the curators, not sure if this is related to my use/removal of the extention - maybe it went funky somewhere. Still playing around to determine if it's that and not ES.

Love the update, thanks again.

That's pretty weird, let me know what you find out. It could be a timing issue - I noticed that a lot of things on Steam are loaded asynchronously now and it could be related to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom