• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Search Updates Now Live For All

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Straight from Enhanced Steam Steam Labs

These new search features are now live for everyone, not just those that opted into the Steam Labs experiment.

Blond

Banned
Can we just get an option that hides every single piece of indie and early access garbage already? It's 99% of the reason I've barely used steam the past couple of years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can we just get an option that hides every single piece of indie and early access garbage already? It's 99% of the reason I've barely used steam the past couple of years.
Steam's curation / discoverability is definitely a huge issue these days. There are some other Labs experiments they have that sort of help this, but that's more sidestepping the issue without solving the problem.

The only thing they outright let you block is adult content, and even that's a bit of a joke as it puts the onus on the developers to limit their own sales.

I don't get this issue with the steam store.

If I stay I open the frontage it's mostly mainstream games, even the indies. I had to setup my steam to purposefully show me obscure games.

Yeah, I've never had any problems either. The whole curation idea is a big turn-off to me. I'd rather have more options available than have some arbitrary judge try to determine what's "good" and what's "bad". What a nightmare that would be.

I'm always finding hidden gems in the vast steam seas. I think the community review system is curation enough. Plus you can always refund - a feature I'd never use, but it's there for those who want protection.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't get this issue with the steam store.

If I open the frontage it's mostly mainstream games, even the indies. I had to setup my steam to purposefully show me obscure games.

Yep and I just wishlist whatever I find that's interesting and use that as the basis for my shopping list going forwards.

Also just browsing the top selling list of whatever genre of game you're looking for helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

Top Bottom