• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Holiday Sale is live on PlayStation

Draugoth

Gold Member
9ababe253e09e00e5bce7eaf2e13e607eeb89a52.png

Billed as the marketplace’s “biggest sale event of the year”, it includes over 4,500 discounted games and DLC packs for PS5 and PS4.

These include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (30% off), EA Sports FC 24 (60% off), Hogwarts Legacy (50% off), Diablo 4 (40% off) and Mortal Kombat 1 (40% off).

While the discounts may be significant, it’s always worth checking prices elsewhere before buying as PlayStation Store might not be the cheapest place to purchase the game you’re after.

The sale is running until January 17, 2024 at 11.59pm PST / GMT, although some titles might leave the promotion early. In the US, Sony said the promotion line-up will be refreshed on January 2, and some deals will end on January 5.

You can browse the entire list below, and head to PlayStation Store when the promotion goes live to find out your regional discount.

But before you check out the list, there’s more:

Promotions when you buy direct from PlayStation​

There will be fantastic deals during the Holiday Sale promotion, directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com.

You can enjoy discounts on select games for a limited time***. Head over to direct.playstation.com for more details on the offers, promotional period, and to view products available this season.

Holiday Sale game list​

**Game list and discount percentage may differ per region. Please check your region’s PlayStation Store page when the promotion goes live for more details.

***Following dates applicable to US region only: Holiday Sale promotion runs from Tuesday December 19 until Wednesday January 17, with some promotions finishing on January 5, so please check the individual product pages on the site for more information. The Holiday January Sale promotion lineup will refresh on Tuesday January 2.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Looks like almost my entire wishlist is on sale, which is pretty rare, except for chained echoes which was the one thing I was really looking forward to buy. First world problems.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Baldur's Gate III is finally on sale! Only 10% off, but that's the best we've seen yet.
Yeah, I was going to buy it anyway, but will definitely now. Plus I have a load of PS Stars points to redeem. I'm sure the game is great at full price so any additional discounts are a bonus.

Zero Time Dilemma is back on sale, which is perfect timing because I just finally finished Virtue's Last Reward
and after that cliffhanger, I absolutely need to see the conclusion of all this wildness, haha

Super recommend the Zero Escape Nonary Games bundle since that's on sale too, for anybody looking for a good puzzle VN, or wants to get into VNs in general

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
LOTS of PSVR2 titles are on sale, including:

The Room VR = 15 (30)
Pixel Ripped 1995 = 12 (20)
Pixel Ripped 1978 = 18 (25)
The 7th Guest = 24 (30)
Another Fisherman's Tale = 15 (25)
Synapse = 25 (35)
Star Wars: TftGE = 32 (40)
Hellsweeper VR = 23 (30)
The Last Clockwinder = 14 (24)
Switchback = 24 (40)
Crossfire: Sierra Squad = 23 (30)

Normal price in ( ). Shown as USD.

Zannegan

Zero Time Dilemma is back on sale, which is perfect timing because I just finally finished Virtue's Last Reward
and after that cliffhanger, I absolutely need to see the conclusion of all this wildness, haha

Super recommend the Zero Escape Nonary Games bundle since that's on sale too, for anybody looking for a good puzzle VN, or wants to get into VNs in general
A lot of people hate on ZTD, but I enjoyed it. My fav is still 999. That was such a crazy experience on the DS, going in blind and having 0 experience with VNs.

I wonder if these would benefit from a VR remake, not the cutscenes but the escape rooms.

The Room VR = 15 (30)
The 7th Guest = 24 (30)
Synapse = 25 (35)
Hellsweeper VR = 23 (30)
Switchback = 24 (40)

Hmm, might be time to get Crossfire, Synapse and Switchback.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

The Room VR = 15 (30)
The 7th Guest = 24 (30)
Synapse = 25 (35)
Hellsweeper VR = 23 (30)
Switchback = 24 (40)

Synapse for $25 is good. I was hoping for more PSVR2 sales though.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I just bought Crossfire and Pixel Ripped 1995. Probably going to buy more.

Waiting for more impressions and reviews on Breachers, but it seems like my type of game as someone who has put lots of time into Siege.

As for flat games, I'll have to check more later. I did see Wild Hearts for a huge discount and I do like Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Some good ones I spotted:
  • Anthem = $0.99
  • Narita Boy = $2.49
  • Star Wars Squadrons = $1.99
  • XCom 2 = $2.99
  • Lost in Random = $2.99
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition = $5.99
  • Mortal Kombat 11 = $4.99
  • Warhammer Chaosbane = $2.99
  • Battlefield 5 = $3.99
  • Battlefield 1 = $2.99
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 = $1.49
  • Absolver = $2.99
  • Prey = $2.99
  • Yooka Laylee = $3.99
  • Dishonored 2 = $2.99
  • Soma = $2.99
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst = $1.99
  • Cloudpunk = $3.74
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order = $5.99
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising = $8.99
  • Watch Dogs Legion = $8.99
  • Borderlands 3 = $8.99
  • John Wick Hex = $2.99
  • Wolfenstein 2 = $5.99

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm wondering if they sold more headsets than we might have expected. I was expecting more of a fire sale on some games like star wars.

Good point. I have zero clue what's going on with PSVR2 from Sony's perspective. It's hard to gauge. Star Wars is on my wishlist, but won't drop in price.

violence

I bought dirt 5, Oddworld soulstorm and Assassin’s Creed Ezio collection. Each game was $11. These are few oddball games that I was in the middle of a playthrough with since letting my PSN plus extra subscription lapse.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All I wanted was the Lost Judgment DLC to go on sale

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Skifi28

So, I had some money I literally had to get rid of for tax reasons and thus I bought a ton of second rate stuff I had on my wishlist from god knows when:

Trails of Cold Steel 1
Vanquish
Berserk
Kao the Kangaroo
AI nirvana initative
Gundam Versus
Night in the woods
Gylt
Turok 2
Asterix and Obelix slap them all
Carrion
Watch dogs 2
13 sentinels
Chrono Cross
YS origin
Blazing Chrome
FIST
Streets of rage 4
Takes of Zestiria
Fahrenheit
WRC generations

Now I just need to quit my job to find some free time to actually play them....

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bastion - $2.99
Catherine: Full Body - $7.99
edit: add Tales of Vesperia DE as well $9.99

That's it for me.

Last edited:

dave_d

Well that's weird. The Red Matter collection is on sale for $30 which is the same price as Red Matter 2.(Which isn't on sale.)

Top Bottom