• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
kai3345 said:
Never played BTTF (about to buy it) but Every game I've played from Telltale (All 3 Sam and Max Seasons, Strong Bad and Monkey Island Ep 1) have ALL been top notch. I'll defenitley be buying this.

Borderlands is excellent so long as you can find at least 2 other friends to play with you, otherwise its boring as fuck

Thanks for this tip, this will gladly help in my no purchase, I dont think any of my friends want to buy borderland right now.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Can you play it with a wired 360 pad? I don't see that info on the game's store page...
Yep, Lead and Gold has perfect plug and play gamepad support for the wired 360 controller. I prefer to use it over the KB/M. Anyone who doesn't buy Lead And Gold at this price should have their PC gamer card revoked.

Bigfoot

I really only care about a Portal 2 sale. I've still got too many other games from the Christmas sale to play. Of course, I say this everytime there is a Steam sale and usually end up with a few games I had no plans on buying.

GuardianE said:
I am admittedly new to the Steam summer sales. What's the likelihood of a game like Witcher 2 getting any kind of discount during the sale?

It's a daily deal now, so today is probably as low as it can go.

Sometimes after a few days the daily deal becomes a "best of past daily deals," so you might see Witcher 2 again, but most likely for the same price it is now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Smash88 said:
Seriously how do you get 7 headshots in a row without dying and lead and gold?
7 kills in a row would be fair, but 7 headshot kills in a row another dumb bullshit thing.

HOLD OFF ON BORDERLANDS GOTY FOR NOW

There is a good possibility the 4-pack will go on sale later in the day. It happened for the previous big sale. At least wait until the final hours of the sale to commit.

Tenks

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thanks for this tip, this will gladly help in my no purchase, I dont think any of my friends want to buy borderland right now.

I played BL completely single player for over 50 hours

kodt

Banned
I hate how I bought the ID Super Pack the week it was released.

The Rockstar Pack the week it was released.

Never needed the Valve pack b/c I registered a HL GOTY key when Steam came out and also purchased Orange Box / Left 4 Dead games individually.

Bought the THQ pack 2 years ago.

Bought the iC, Meridian4, and Edios packs during either the last Summer or Winter sales.

And now the packs are cheaper, and contain more games. I would totally re-buy some of these packs if you could gift every game you already own, but of course you cannot.

Acidote said:
Don't buy anything today then. Wait to see other daily deals.

That is what I am doing. (I already have Lead and Gold for ps3)

I do have a Brink Steam code and a Hunted D2D code for trade so I can get a pack or two but no one wants to trade.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, uh, how do I get the Toki Tori Ticket? What Sun Beams?

Or the AaAaA Ticket, where are these summer levels?

Or the Bit.Trip Beat, does that game even have a level 1-1? Are they sure it isn't bit trip runner?

MooMoo

SalsaShark said:
Changing the images to .jpeg for faster loading

anything else i should add to the OP? quick!
I don't know if this is a region thing, but your screencap of the daily deals is missing Operation Flashpoint: Red River, -35% for a sale price of $29.24. US here.

X05 said:
interesting, the SSFIVAE deal isn't a daily, guess I can wait a bit :p

Also, lol valve, play the games we buy? preposterous! xD
SSFIVAE isn't out yet, so I wouldn't be surprised it doesn't drop any lower during the Summer Sale.

ultron87

Nekrono said:
Alright about to bite on Retribution and downloading the demo of Recettear, is it good?

Recettear is ridiculously charming and entertaining. It kept me quite entertained during the demo. I dunno if the full game holds up.

kai3345 said:
Borderlands is excellent so long as you can find at least 2 other friends to play with you, otherwise its boring as fuck

Also make sure you're all around the same level. I fell behind my brother and it ended up being him carrying me through all the areas he'd already beaten (enemies scale). D:

Gaining like 15 levels on my Siren as I helped him kill Crawmerax was kind of funny though.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
-Bit Trip Runner (I like Bit Trip Beat, but also think is very difficult)
What did you find difficult about Bit.Trip Beat? If it was the levels being 15 minutes long then Bit.Trip Runners longest levels are about 3 minutes. Its also very quick to get back in the action when you fail.

In some ways Bit.Trip Runner is harder in the sense its one hit kills. In any case I got furthest in it than any other Bit.Trip game (I got to the last set of stages, it got too hard for me then, usually in Bit.Trip games its about halfway so just over 2 thirds is an improvement)

Oh and stage 1-11 is complete hell and a crazy difficulty spike on what was a nice curve.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
SpacePirate Ridley said:
How good are this games:

-BTTF
-TDU2 (I played 1 and was fun for some time, but im interested in the Ibiza setting as Im from Spain)
-Borderlands (heard the PC version was not good)
-Bit Trip Runner (I like Bit Trip Beat, but also think is very difficult)

I bought TDU2 for £25, was robbed blind. My impressions(?) are at the tail end of the other Steam thread. I'd say at least check the forums before you buy. £5 is a lot less than I paid but there are better games out there and Atari deserve none of your money IMO.

Borderlands should be instabought at that price. I'm probably 300 hours deep into that, most of that as single player. Some people think it's boring like that and has to be played multiplayer but I love it. You can't go wrong either way at that price.

Okay so I have the AAAAAA one and the group one. I need the Toki Tori (anyone know how to do this one yet?) and I might buy lead and gold but that one sounds hard (7 headshots in a row?)

So The Witcher 2 is $36 on Amazon. Does the physical version come with anything extra that I wouldn't get if I bought it on Steam? Also can the physical copy be registered on Steam?

kai3345

Banned
aghhh i need 6 more games to add to my wishlist to be eligible for the contest but i dont know what i should add! :eek:

Ive got Witcher 2, Magicka, Dawn of War: Retribution and Darkspore

Meier

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I didn't play the multiplayer a single time personally but I put in a good 30-40 hours into the SP on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom