• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo-El

I put nearly 40 hours into Boarderlands playing solo and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's a steal at $7.50

Amppelix

Neo Member
Hoping for a daily deal on Alice: Madness Returns, maybe even at 25% off or something. I mean, sure it came out this month but I can dream.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
MY day one haul:

$6.80 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition
$2.50 BIT.TRIP RUNNER
$2.50 Harvest: Massive Encounter
$2.49 Hinterland
$1.24 Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack

$15.53 Estimated total

Oblivion and Bit.Trip because they're dailies. The others because I think they're VERY unlikely to become dailies. & even if they are, I'll save ~$1 on them max.

parasight

Drkirby said:
Or the Bit.Trip Beat, does that game even have a level 1-1? Are they sure it isn't bit trip runner?

Almost bought BTB to get the ticket (and also because I've always wanted to play it) but I think I'll wait till they sort this out and get whichever of the two Bit Trips that will get me a ticket.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Dipswitch said:
Does anyone know how you can check which DLC you've previously purchased for a game in the Steam client? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the Claptrap DLC for Borderlands or if I already own the damn thing......

Click on Library, right click the game, select "View DLC".

mileS

Recettear and Bit Trip Runner for now. Didn't have to think hard about them two. Recettear sounds really neat, can't wait to get into it.

Alpha Protocol was $29 last week when I checked. It's now $19 flat but its on sale for $13 atm. Hmmm I know It could go cheaper later on but I might just get it now, that's a really good price.

Dakota47

grkazan12 said:
Quick question is oblivion on steak completely moddable?

I'd like to know this as well (assuming you mean Steam, not a juicy steak).

Smash88 said:
So does anyone know if MoH is worth it @ $10? Or is my money better spent elsewhere?

I'd say maybe, if you're into multiplayer. If it's just for the sp I'd say no.

IrishNinja

aw man, when the sale first started (before the splash page), i had gun, ghostbusters and a bunch of others on my list on sale for 33% off, now they're gone...glitches, or foreshadowing?

Herla

Sooo ... I suck at RTS games but I love the Warhammer lore.
Should I buy Retribution?

Usually my rule is that if I have some sort of doubt I have to avoid every purchase that's over 5€, but ... the ticket thing ...

help!

Salsa

MooMoo said:
I don't know if this is a region thing, but your screencap of the daily deals is missing Operation Flashpoint: Red River, -35% for a sale price of $29.24. US here.

region thing, working on it.

Green Scar said:
Put a list of the games on daily sale for those at work

will do, splash image doesnt load?

Sblargh said:
Ok GAF, I will be strong. For today, only Oblivion. (where's Morrowind??!)

I kind of think we might see it for cheaper, hasn't it been $5 before? Anyway I'm hoping for Morrowind.

What's the deal with the tickets thing?

Tenck

mileS said:
Recettear and Bit Trip Runner for now. Didn't have to think hard about them two. Recettear sounds really neat, can't wait to get into it.

Alpha Protocol was $29 last week when I checked. It's now $19 flat but its on sale for $13 atm. Hmmm I know It could go cheaper later on but I might just get it now, that's a really good price.

Impressions?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously looking into this title :'(

Darkshier said:
Yep, Lead and Gold has perfect plug and play gamepad support for the wired 360 controller. I prefer to use it over the KB/M. Anyone who doesn't buy Lead And Gold at this price should have their PC gamer card revoked.
Sweet. It's bought! Thank you!

mxgt

Banned
Recettear
Bit Trip Beat + Runner
Dreamfall + Longest Journey

is all for today. I know I'll never play MOH and Oblivion so I resisted.

LOL. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition's sale was meant for Street Fighter IV. You can see that that is on sale now and Arcade Edition isn't.

Jinaar

Herla said:
Sooo ... I suck at RTS games but I love the Warhammer lore.
Should I buy Retribution?

Usually my rule is that if I have some sort of doubt I have to avoid every purchase that's over 5€, but ... the ticket thing ...

help!

Yes buy it! You get LAST STAND which is a 3 person hero based Horde mode. Retribution alone comes with fun single player campaigns for what... 6-7 different races? All you need is to play the ORKKKKK campaign for shits and giggles. Its really not crazy the single player game like a standard RTS, you have fun basically with your units, getting loot and leveling up, while partaking in a good story.

Get it!! WARGHHHH!

I wish I could go all out during this sale like I did in winter. BUT NO, PEOPLE HAVE TO GET MARRIED IN THE SUMMER TIME. WHO DOES THAT?

I already blew 25% of my budget on SSF4AE.

Sblargh

Banned
Btw, if you are going to buy Oblivion. There are two GOTY editions, one is 6.50 and the other 8.50; the latter having more expansions obviously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flying_Phoenix said:
LOL. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition's sale was meant for Street Fighter IV. You can see that that is on sale now and Arcade Edition isn't.
Shit damn a lot of people about to get pissed.

Flying_Phoenix said:

Snap. Some people lucked out then.

moojito

Does steam oblivion work with mods? I already have the collector's edition for the pc and the xbox 360, but I always feel you can never have too much oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom