• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbox

What's the community like on bad company? thoughts on it being popular after 3 launches?

Thinking of picking it up before the sale goes off.

Kunohara

So I submitted a support ticket last Tuesday and have yet to hear from them about it. I've heard that the average time for a response is a day or 2. It has been 5 days, almost 6. Has anyone else had their ticket take this long?

It is getting pretty fucking annoying.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kunohara said:
So I submitted a support ticket last Tuesday and have yet to hear from them about it. I've heard that the average time for a response is a day or 2. It has been 5 days, almost 6. Has anyone else had their ticket take this long?

It is getting pretty fucking annoying.

That happens when big things are going on. From my own experience I assume they are getting about 2-3 times the amount of tickets than usual. If they dont hire more people for sale days I can easily see them taking a week to respond.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DarkSoul520 said:
Wow, I just played Singularity for 2 hours and was not expecting that much awesome at once. Why did I not hear about this game.
Activision sent the game to die and then laid off the staff, so there was no marketing to let people hear about it.

Nirolak said:
Activision sent the game to die and then laid off the staff, so there was no marketing to let people hear about it.

That is incredibly sad. I've only put 2 hours in and can already tell that it is something special. What a shame.

Sanic

So I think i'm gonna pass on The Oddbox, but I know i'm going to regret it when that HD update for Stranger's Wrath comes out. I'm sure there will be another discount then, but I doubt it will go down to $5.

Kunohara

Toma said:
That happens when big things are going on. From my own experience I assume they are getting about 2-3 times the amount of tickets than usual. If they dont hire more people for sale days I can easily see them taking a week to respond.

Yeah, that seems understandable. Still sucks though.

Telaso

Banned
DarkSoul520 said:
That is incredibly sad. I've only put 2 hours in and can already tell that it is something special. What a shame.

Its really good. It never really gets dull either in my opinion.

Minor spoiler.

I really like games that let you be extremely overpowered near the end though.

Flunkie

Banned
Just played through Trine for the ticket. Will continue playing through Trine not for the ticket.

I don't know why I didn't play this game earlier - it's fantastic. The puzzles and gameplay are just right to the point where I don't feel overwhelmed, nor do I feel like I'm blowing through everything. Great game.

can anyone please help me. i am playing ut 99 and the game sometimes randomly stops for a quick second. Not sure if that is a framerate issue but it is kind of annoying.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Flunkie said:
Just played through Trine for the ticket. Will continue playing through Trine not for the ticket.

I don't know why I didn't play this game earlier - it's fantastic. The puzzles and gameplay are just right to the point where I don't feel overwhelmed, nor do I feel like I'm blowing through everything. Great game.
I had the game on my Steam list since the last Humble Bundle, but the experience with the PS3 version I had previously was so underwhelming I never gave the game a second chance on PC.

But KB/M controls do wonders for this game, and it looks great. Don't regret going after that ticket at all.

MooMoo

Flunkie said:

Haha I feel the same way. It's pretty relaxing to play and it's not so easy that it's boring to play through. Someone around here was going around talking about the terrible physics in the game, but I haven't really noticed such a thing yet.

Carm

It's a shame Two Worlds 2 is in the recap. I guess a lot of people were suckered into buying it like me. It uses a proprietary DRM system created by the developer, with only 3 activations, no revokes. Then you get to go on their forums and beg someone with what looks to be a Goku avatar for more activations. Thankfully I was able to get a refund.

spectyre said:
Damn you Gaffers... Damn you all to hell! I had 2 games on Steam 10 days ago. Today I have 15. I know "Ignorance is bliss" but noooo, I had to read through this thread every day and buy a bunch of great games at crazy-low prices. I have no idea when I'll be able to play all of them and I can almost guarantee that I won't have more than 3 of these games beaten before the winter sale hits. Then I will be back here pissin' and moanin' at the end of that sale also. You have trapped me in your vicious cycle. Thanks a lot.

Welcome aboard! I had 0 games on steam 2 years ago. Now I have 77. It's a beautiful thing.

Carm said:
It's a shame Two Worlds 2 is in the recap. I guess a lot of people were suckered into buying it like me. It uses a proprietary DRM system created by the developer, with only 3 activations, no revokes. Then you get to go on their forums and beg someone with what looks to be a Goku avatar for more activations. Thankfully I was able to get a refund.

I was probably just going to play it once. To many games out there (on my steam account that I haven't even installed yet) to play it twice.

Holy shit. I have $4.6 dollars left in my wallet and I wanted to get Magicka (vanilla) and Chime.

The total price is $4.64. Looks like I won't buy Magicka this time (I probably will get the complete pack later).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of wish it went on longer or there was another ARG or something...
I liked having something to look forward to gaming-wise. Seems we're in for a long drought of nothing new til September. :'(

At least D2D has deals til the end of July, but it just isn't the same. I need something to beat the dog days of summer in August.

biocat

Just made my last purchase: Vampire: Bloodlines.
Now all I need to do is spend my tickets. I'm trying to decided between the X3, Serious Sam, Spacechem, and Beat Hazard prizes. I have 6 tickets left. I already have the DOW and KF prizes. Any impression on those?

Is Capsized worth the $5? I've got a lot on my plate right now, but I figure I won't see it on sale in the near future.

Plus, it looks beautiful.

Scythian said:
Any thoughts on the Drakensang games?

If you enjoyed Baldurs Gate-style games then yeah. I put quite a few hours into it but never finished it. I'd blame it on my short attention span more than I would the quality of the game though.

It's very generic but a lot of fun.

On a side note I can't play Neverwinter Nights 2 because the "Steam servers are too busy" to finish the install.

/sad

wilflare

Day 1
Reccettear
BIT.TRIP.BEAT (exchanged with Half-Life 2)
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER (exchanged with Half-Life 2)

Day 2
Civ5 (via Gamers Gate)
Just Cause 2 DLC
SpaceChem
Hamilton

Day 3
Magicka
Hoard
Darksiders

Day 4
Torchlight

Missed Day 5-7 (Frozen Synapse, Batman AA GOTY, Jamestown, Beat Hazard Ultra -cries-

Day 8
Sanctum
Audiosurf

Day 9
The Last Remnant

Day 10
Prince of Persia Collection
Hitman Blood Money

May get some Indie Games to end off... Suggestions?

Salsa

rasberryjam said:
Is Capsized worth the $5? I've got a lot on my plate right now, but I figure I won't see it on sale in the near future.

some people are going to say its not, but i personally love it. Try the demo to get a feel of the game, but im sure you'll like it.

rasberryjam said:

Yeah, to reinforce Salsa's words...it's incredible. One of the most artistically accomplished and downright fun indie platformers of recent memory.

biocat

I don't usually do this, but I'm bored, at work, and kind of curious.

July 1:
DOW2: Retribution
Paradox Fantasy Pack
Bit.Trip.Runner
SpaceChem

July 2:
Magicka DLC

July 4:
Defense Grid DLC
Fallout: NV DLC

July 5:
Beat Hazard Ultra
King Arthur DLC

July 6:
Jamestown

July 8:
Sanctum

July 9:
X3: Terran Conflict

July 10:
Vampire: Bloodlines

I already owned a lot before the sale, so I think I did pretty well.

Zimbardo

grabbed Lost Planet Colonies today to go along with the rest of my loot.

wanted it for a while, and while its only 33% off, that's probably the cheapest it'll be for a long time.

CrashPrime said:
Whats the story on Magicka DLC? Is it all fun? Any of them stand-outs?
From what's been said in the past, Vietnam is worth it as it contains significant new campaign content. Everything else is just mutli-player fluff (costumes, maps, items).

hamchan

I have an extra copy of Frozen Synapse I need to get rid of, anyone want it? I'll trade it for a copy of The Longest Journey + Dreamfall pack.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got the Honest Hearts DLC for New Vegas since I heard it was really good, but how's Dead Money? When it came out I didn't hear great things about it...

bs000

Trying to get one last ticket, but I've been getting the server too busy error all day and can't install the game D:

I also think I've spent too much time sorting my wishlist, despite the astronomically low chance of winning the giveaway.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
mattiewheels said:
I got the Honest Hearts DLC for New Vegas since I heard it was really good, but how's Dead Money? When it came out I didn't hear great things about it...

I beat it just a few minutes ago, actually.

I loved it. Recommended. Some fantastic characters in that one.

Truespeed

Flunkie said:

I know and I wish there were more of these games for the PC. One of my favorite games and I can't wait for Trine 2. BTW, you're lucky they revised the last level as it was brutal when I finished it.

Truespeed

My Steam client decided to automatically download Half Life 2 episode 1 and 2 (7GB). This have anything to do with buying Garry's mod?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
GuiltybyAssociation said:
I beat it just a few minutes ago, actually.

I loved it. Recommended. Some fantastic characters in that one.
Does it give you a really original scenario compared to the rest of the game? I like DLC that tries to stray from the path a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom