• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam users are review bombing Hi-Fi Rush...

ManaByte

Gold Member
...with POSITIVE reviews. It's now MS's highest rated game ever on Steam.

Gdbd7US.jpeg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What a feel good story knowing that these developers are going to get their due while they're sitting at their toilet collecting unemployment

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I pray Tango can somehow break free and be independent, preferably along with their IPs. MS could at least give them that chance instead of taking em out behind the shed and put two in the back of the head.

DaGwaphics

I think it's deserved good for them. The game just felt like it was so well crafted. A great art style as well, would like to see that style used in a typical action/adventure setting.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It’s been at Overwhelmingly Positive since its release.

But only a few hundred. I bought it on both steam and Xbox to support. Doesnt look like others did....We can blame MS for a lot of it thanks to gamepass but...Yeah, I said it when it launched, this game will be remembered and brought up years in the future for being a completely fresh oldschool gaming experience from the Dreamcast days that many will say was criminally overlooked.

Last edited:

nosoynadie22

Gold Member
And how about supporting the game by buying it at the highest price you can pay? What good is it for Japan studio, Tango gameworks and Media molecule to release 9-9.5/10 games if no one buys them?

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I had a great time with it. Will play through it again in stereoscopic 3D once the monitor releases. Definitely deserves a sequel.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Couple years late on that one, but sure why not.

maybe people should have done this 18 months ago?

They did. When the game launched, it received over 10k positive reviews in its first few days. The last four days there have been under 500 positive reviews. So recent reviews have spiked a little, but still not nearly as many positive reviews as when the game first launched.

fvrcsiP.png

Last edited:

Luipadre

Seeing these gifs from this awesome game makes me even more sad. Fuck AAA gaming. This game was a gem and after this, studios will take even less risks at making something unique

But dont worry MS will have your amazing new shit of duty showcase next month with your annual trash release later this year

Last edited:
But only a few hundred. I bought it on both steam and Xbox to support. Doesnt look like others did....We can blame MS for a lot of it thanks to gamepass but...Yeah, I said it when it launched, this game will be remembered and brought up years in the future for being a completely fresh oldschool gaming experience from the Dreamcast days that many will say was criminally overlooked.

I'm looking at this chart and struggling to find a point.

s4VbRTH.png

Would look more effective going the Helldivers route.

O1xXnjk.png

Not that it'll actually do anything, but at least you're giving MS a last fuck you and taking away one of the few critically acclaimed games they have on steam

I mean sure....but studio is already closed. Nothing is gonna change. Also if the game was that good it should of had those 1000s of positive reviews before. Same for Driveclub, people listened to outsiders saying its a bad game and then when they decide to close the studio, they start praising the game when its already $10. Where were you when the game was $60?

Last edited:

Three

They did. When the game launched, it received over 10k positive reviews in its first few days. The last four days there have been under 500 positive reviews. So recent reviews have spiked a little, but still not nearly as many positive reviews as when the game first launched.

fvrcsiP.png

Exactly, the recent reviews were actually worse than the all time when this thread was created:
97% overwhelmingly positive previously vs 94% very positive recently.

Now with further "review bombing" today it's gone back to what it was at launch overwhelming positive anyway. Exactly as it was. Nothing late about it and not really achieving anything in "bombing" it. It's just an influx of players from all the coverage leaving a review.

Last edited:
Phil:
Oh no, PC gamers (the knights and freedom fighters of gaming) are review bombing Hi-Fi Mr. Nadella. They recently destroyed Sony. We shouldn't mess with them; they are a force not to be reckoned with.

Nadella:
bring me another coffee phil

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I understand the sentiment but Microsoft will have zero problem with this and if anything you are helping them make more money from the game being sold.

Case and point.

Didn't you hear what Booty said? They need more games like Hi-Fi Rush.

Phil:
Oh no, PC gamers (the knights and freedom fighters of gaming) are review bombing Hi-Fi Mr. Nadella. They recently destroyed Sony. We shouldn't mess with them; they are a force not to be reckoned with.

Nadella:
bring me another coffee phil

Kids, this is why you shouldn't just respond based on the topic title. To avoid posts like this.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Exactly, the recent reviews were actually worse than the all time when this thread was created:

97% overwhelmingly positive previously vs 94% very positive recently.

Now with further "review bombing" today it's gone back to what it was at launch overwhelming positive anyway. Exactly as it was. Nothing late about it and not really achieving anything in "bombing" it. It's just an influx of players from all the coverage leaving a review.

Right. There are just a handful of negative reviews that are basically chastizing Microsoft for closing Tango.

This is when it gets a bit absurd. I understand what they're attempting to do, but it doesn't do anything. It's also not going to "fix" anything either, the damage is done. It would make more sense to cancel Gamepass subscriptions or something along those lines.

These reviews are from people who actually bought the game so more than likely not Game Pass subscribers. I would be interested to know how many people have cancelled their subscription as a result of the news. Not that we will ever find that out.

Last edited:
lol. that's even more pathetic. Dear PC Gamers, this ain't a movie. what you should do is a Gofundme and create a Genkidama of money and send it to MS to pay for Xbox's mistakes

Topher

Gold Member
lol. that's even more pathetic. Dear PC Gamers, this ain't a movie. what you should do is a Gofundme and create a Genkidama of money and send it to MS to pay for Xbox's mistakes

This has zero impact either way so MS ain't getting anything out of this.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Wowee so a handful of people got recently reminded of how great this game is and felt inspired to write reviews + another handful of people recently bought the game after hearing so much about it the last few days + reviewed it.

“Review bombing”

fart town usa

Gold Member
This is when it gets a bit absurd. I understand what they're attempting to do, but it doesn't do anything. It's also not going to "fix" anything either, the damage is done. It would make more sense to cancel Gamepass subscriptions or something along those lines.
It's just a celebration of Tango. Tango is well aware of the anger that people have with their closing, it's just a way for gamers to show that they love Tango and hopefully helps the now unemployed staff find a bit of peace.

DryvBy

Someone in their leadership is seeing this going, "We should buy this Tango something something so we can have good reviewed games."

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This won't fuck anybody so what's the goal. If anything it will make them more money and the closed studio and employees nothing. It's promoting the "dead artist" model.

It’ll give me a little satisfaction if one of Microsoft’s best rated games is from a team they foolishly terminated.

Besides, It’s in the latest Humble Choice; so why not type something up?

Fredrik

If only good reviews would result in a ”We hear you” reply plus reversal, democracy isn’t going to win this time unfortunately 😞

Top Bottom